Tarik Cohen

Pixote

There has been an essay by Tarik Cohen published. It had to be one of the most difficult stories I have ever read. The personal tragedies that Tarik has experienced are so extreme it's amazing he was able to survive. To resist the temptation to commit suicide. A link to the full essay is below. I know Tarik is no longer with the Bears, but I always liked the guy. Was sorry to see him released, even though I could understand why he had to be let go. I hope everyone takes a few minutes and reads his self portrait.

Letter to My Younger Self - by Tarik Cohen

It explains a lot about how he lost his heart for the game, all understandable.  Writing that had to be hard but I also think it helped with the healing process, which will never stop.  I wish him nothing but the best and hopefully he can find that football spark again.  I'd like to see him smiling again on the sidelines one Sunday.  

It really sucks for him and his family. The regret sucks, hindsight is always 20/20. All you can do is be better now and in the future. 

One aspect about the article that gets me is if you take his situation and remove the pro sports contract. How many people are living that way right now without the luxury of a family member making hundreds of thousands/millions of dollars? 

I hope he is able to make it back on the field. If not, he should continue his gaming career as he was a very popular streamer.

The Bears should hire him as one of their Social Media ambassadors so he can rehab and train at the facility. He is very popular online and he is a pretty funny guy. Back to back major injuries for a guy who's main game is quickness and change of direction is not a good sign. 

His story is so hard to read, can't imagine going through what he's been through. It can be easy to lose sight of players as individuals.  I've always liked Cohen and he's been easy to root for.  I agree with Adam, it would be nice if he could still be a part of the team/organization in some way.  He's the kind of personality you want to have around, and even if his playing days are done I think he can still have a place here.