Joke of an article

adam

So some dude on Bleacher Report writes (use the term loosely) on the 6 teams he is betting on to not hit their win total and that are overrated.

He thinks the Bears will not hit 6.5 wins, which may be true but he clearly doesn't know who is on this team or their schedule.

The majority of the team is young and developing, as the only established starters are running back David Montgomery, edge-rusher Robert Quinn, safety Eddie Jackson and linebacker Roquan Smith. 

So Mooney, Kmet, or Johnson are not established starters apparently.

The offensive line is relying on Lucas Patrick to be a stopgap

Stopgap?

A lot of bettors are going to be pounding the under on that line. And it’s a mistake.

I’ve always felt that teams with new head coaches sometimes tend to overachieve. The players have no history with them and are not comfortable that they’re going to retain their jobs. Everyone concentrates just a little bit more. The whole team benefits.

I think 6 1/2 sounds about right.

5 minutes ago, tshanno said:

A lot of bettors are going to be pounding the under on that line. And it’s a mistake.

I’ve always felt that teams with new head coaches sometimes tend to overachieve. The players have no history with them and are not comfortable that they’re going to retain their jobs. Everyone concentrates just a little bit more. The whole team benefits.

I think 6 1/2 sounds about right.

Good point. A lot of these players are hungry and effort is what makes them overachieve. 

someone has to lose the games. However, if you look at the Bears schedule, it is not like 7 or 8 wins is out of the question either.

For the national audience and media, they don't follow the team like we do. They just see the big names. Mack traded, Hicks, Goldman, Robinson, Trevathan gone. Then say oh my god, who did they replace them with, not realizing none of those guys were massive contributors last year. Mack's first game as a Bear was his best, but never consistently played at the level he was paid for. Hicks and Trevathan were always injured and Goldman and Robinson were playing below replacement level players. If you replace those guys with league-average players, as a group, the team will actually be better. Then you upgrade at the biggest hole on the roster - CB2, get a huge upgrade at SS, and address the biggest hole on offense at Center,  all while having a better coaching staff and roster depth.

The offense was so bad last year and it was mainly due to Nagy's incompetence. The offense may not be great, but they are not going to be as bad as last year. Pringle will easily match ARob's production, and the rest of the WR room will replace what Goodwin and Byrd did. I love the addition of Sharpe and Pettis. We now have some competition at WR3/4 with Jones, Sharpe, Pettis and St. Brown.  If we opened the season with the top 5 WRs of Mooney, Pringle, Sharpe, Jones, and Pettis. That is not a bad room. 

I think Mooney, Pringle and V Jones are set . St Brown is the big X WR but now has completion with Sharpe. I think  both of them  make the team. That leaves one spot for the rest of the group. Eric Lambert and Jonathan Woods continue to post articles with negative content about the bears. I think IF Filelds takes the next step, we could be a 8-9 win team. I will be betting on that once the preseason is done. I think Pettis has the upper hand due to his 4.32 speed and vet experience.

Two players who were rookie last year who I think could step up are Dazz Newsome who looked good on special teams as a returner and a gunner who didn't get much chance on offense. 

The other is Thomas Graham Jr. I felt once he got playing time he looked much better than Vildor and I think he is a great scheme fit for this defense.