Horsted waived, Rysen John claimed

adam

Ugh, I felt like Horsted had a lot of potential but wasn't given a fair shot. He always flashed when he got on the field. He ends his Bears career with more TDs than Kmet.

It looks like Horsted failed his physical, that's interesting. I didn't know he was hurt.

Rysen John was on the Giants and has never played in an NFL game yet, he is 24.

This surprised me but no way of us knowing what the reason for the failed physical was or if there was an injury that we were concerned about?

I'm starting to get the sense that this staff is taking medical evals more seriously than previous regimes.  With our past issues with injuries that to me could be a good change.  We seem less likely to invest in players that have physical concerns.  We'll never eliminate potential injury issues but I feel like we are monitoring this more closely.  Here's hoping that bodes well for having better team health in season.  

2 hours ago, BearFan2000 said:

This surprised me but no way of us knowing what the reason for the failed physical was or if there was an injury that we were concerned about?

I'm starting to get the sense that this staff is taking medical evals more seriously than previous regimes.  With our past issues with injuries that to me could be a good change.  We seem less likely to invest in players that have physical concerns.  We'll never eliminate potential injury issues but I feel like we are monitoring this more closely.  Here's hoping that bodes well for having better team health in season.  

This. Plus we signed new directors of Strength and Conditioning who are proteges of Rusty Jones. I said long ago when we got rid of him that injuries would become a problem, and they have. Now with the new approach, I hope to see fewer injuries, and that means more wins.

In a lot of ways we are gooing back to the Lovie Smith (Tony Dungy) model, and that's fine with me. This time the cover 2 wont be on the tail end of a trend, but on the front end of it coming around again. The answer to all the tricky motion and RPO? Two deep safeties LOL everything old is new again.

In other words, Ernie Accorsi screwed us. :)

5 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

This. Plus we signed new directors of Strength and Conditioning who are proteges of Rusty Jones. I said long ago when we got rid of him that injuries would become a problem, and they have. Now with the new approach, I hope to see fewer injuries, and that means more wins.

In a lot of ways we are gooing back to the Lovie Smith (Tony Dungy) model, and that's fine with me. This time the cover 2 wont be on the tail end of a trend, but on the front end of it coming around again. The answer to all the tricky motion and RPO? Two deep safeties LOL everything old is new again.

In other words, Ernie Accorsi screwed us. :)

Other than the fact Eberflus reportedly moved to more Cover 3 to close some of the Cover 2 issues teams we able to take advantage of.   That's good news IMO because I got sick of the Cover 2 getting burned on the same throws again and again.    I was all for drafting offense early in this draft but I thought it would have been nice if we were in position to take advantage of the Rd 2 DB talent.   The Vikings got my guy Lewis Cine at 32, which seemed high, but left us Gordon on the board who I think is a very good fit for our scheme.     

And so here we are with an upgraded secondary.  The mixed coverages is why having a legit Field General out there in Brisker was such a good pick.  My assumption is that his leadership is what we coveted as much as his physical ability.  He seems like one of the few safeties in the draft capable of getting everyone aligned before the snap.  We badly need that so I don't have to see Eddie Jackson waving his hands up in the air on every blown coverage.  If Brisker is that guy, then the DC can mix in coverages during a game with more confidence.  

1 hour ago, AZ54 said:

My assumption is that his leadership is what we coveted as much as his physical ability.  He seems like one of the few safeties in the draft capable of getting everyone aligned before the snap.  We badly need that so I don't have to see Eddie Jackson waving his hands up in the air on every blown coverage.  If Brisker is that guy, then the DC can mix in coverages during a game with more confidence.  

Good thought.  He is a willing hitter and that will draw respect quickly.  Eddie Jackson's days of making "business decisions" should be over.  Otherwise, his next business decision could seal his fate to unemployed.

On 5/11/2022 at 4:31 PM, adam said:

Ugh, I felt like Horsted had a lot of potential but wasn't given a fair shot. He always flashed when he got on the field. He ends his Bears career with more TDs than Kmet.

It looks like Horsted failed his physical, that's interesting. I didn't know he was hurt.

Rysen John was on the Giants and has never played in an NFL game yet, he is 24.

They actually did him a favor, they resigned him to designated a injury settlement so he got some money.