11: at Falcons 
12: at Jets 
13: Packers
14: Bye week 
15: Eagles
16: Bills (Xmas Eve)
17: at Lions (New Years Day) 
18: Vikings

Easy.  There is just one team I can't see any way we can defeat:  Bills.   Getting the Packers early is good before their WR situation is sorted out.  Not that I expect to win that game on the road but it's in the realm of possibility.  Getsy should know how to exploit their defensive weaknesses, I'm just not sure he'll have the tools to make that happen.  All the other games we should be competitive but will a young roster know how to win close games?  I say 6 to 8 wins.  

I will be pessimistic on this and going with 5 or 6 wins. 

I do not see how the Bears have improved  as well as Minny or Detroit has over the last 2 years. Like i said i am being pessimistic. I think one horrible year will give this team the draft capital to finish the rebuild.

I see 12 winnable games on the schedule. We will lose some of them but also could upset a team I dont see as winnable. I think we win 9 games. SF will be a possible win depending on who starts at QB. They have 3 new starters on the OL, Eligah Mitchell doesnt scare me. This is a winnable game.

We had 6 wins last year, 3 more games that we still have a chance to win at the end of the game with a difficult schedule. This years schedule is much more team friendly. Our defense will be better. Last year we had Mack, Trevathan, Hicks, and Goldman that were good players that did not live up to their paycheck. This team will have more TOs and those will contribute to our overall defensive performance. Offensively we will have better coaching, play calling and Fields taking a step forward. Our running game will be stronger with a better line. Last year our only good OL was Jason Peters. We have  upgraded OC, Whitehair had a bad year but is normally a better player. I think Jenkins is a blue chip player and will show thru at RT this year. He will find a LT if what we have doesnt prove out. Duane Brown and  Eric Fisher are still out there. I trust in Poles to put a RG out there that will preform consistently. Our TE group and WR are definitely improved, AROB was not good last year. IF Fields becomes more consistent our offense will be much improved. Poles has improved our STs with some excellent KRs added to the mix. 

Because of all the unknowns a lot of people are writing us off this year, I see us improved in many areas. What positional group has got worse? I dont see any of them worst. 

The Bears have the 8th easiest SoS and one of the easiest QB slates in the league. If Fields takes a leap this year, we are going to be competitive:

1: 49ers Jimmy G/Lance - the Bears almost beat SF last year. Toss up at home.
2: at GB SNF Rodgers - Loss
3: Texans Mills - Fields vs Mills? Fields, Win
4: at NYG Jones - Fields vs Jones? Fields, Win
5: at Vikings Cousins - Split with MIN, Loss
6: Commanders TNF Wentz - Fields vs Wentz, at home on TNF - Win
7: at Patriots MNF Jones - Fields vs Jones, but on the road in NE, Loss
8: at Cowboys Dak - Loss
9: Dolphins Tua - Fields vs Tua, at home, toss up
10: Lions Goff - Lions improved but still Lions, Win
11: at Falcons Mariota - Fields vs Mariota, toss up
12: at Jets Wilson - Fields vs Wilson, toss up
13: Packers Rodgers - Loss
14: Bye week 
15: Eagles Hurts - Loss
16: Bills (Xmas Eve) Allen - Loss
17: at Lions (New Years Day) Goff - Win
18: Vikings Cousins - Win

6-7 with 4 toss ups. Split the 4 (2 at home, 2 away), and the Bears realistically can go 8-9 without too much craziness. If they lose all 4 of the toss ups, then things did not go as planned with Fields. However, if he plays like some expected him to last year, this team may still be in the hunt coming out of the bye with 4 to play.

Some schedule perks:

• Never travel west of Dallas, all games Eastern or Central time. 
  • No international games
  • 4 straight weeks at home with bye in the middle
  • Bye later in the year vs earlier
  • TNF followed by MNF creates a mini-bye between weeks 6 and 7

The travel distance is a big deal. It wastes valuable recovery time with huge dudes on little planes. Also, getting that mini bye after TNF at that point in the schedule is huge. 6 weeks, then mini bye, then 7 weeks, full bye, then 4 weeks to finish the season. It gives the players some extra days off and the coaching staff extra time for adjustments.

The bad:

• 3 road trips that have back-to-back road games, 2nd road game may be a little tougher
  • Packers on road in Week 2 in Prime Time
  • Packers, Bye, Eagles, Bills may equal a quick 0-3 wasting the bye
  • XMas Eve game is a Saturday game, creating another short week

It was tough to find many bad things about the schedule. You are going to have some road trips, but this year, none are long flights. The Bears always get the Packers early. There will always be a tough stretch of games, and at least the short weeks are home games.

The more I look at it, the more I like it. Outside of Bills, no team really scares me. Dallas craps the bed 2-3 times a year and loses games they shouldn't and we don't know what the Packers will look like without their starting Center, a chunk of their offensive staff and one of the starting WRs from last year.

I'm also optimistic. Much easier schedule & improved coaching staff will give us a boost in the win column over last year. Add to that some solid roster moves by Poles & Flus and I see no reason why we can't be in the 9 to 10 win spot. In a 17 game run, for us to win slightly more than 50% of our games is not unreasonable.

If they upset SF, we could be 3-1 after 4 games that could be huge for confidence of young players. Minn and Wash are next, both are winnable. Dare I say 5-1? Easy to see I am an optimist by my logic. Lose to NE and Dallas, then go on a 4 game winning streak before losing to the Packers again. 9-4 After the bye week beat the Eagles, and lose to Bills. Then win win. 12-5, 4th seed in the National League. It all seems quite simple the way I look at it. Monty has  1100 yds on the season, Fields has 3940 yds passing, 480 rushing, 32 TDs combined. Mooney reaches 100 recs., Jones scores 3 ST TDs, and 8 on offensive reps. Kmet gets to 8 TDs with 60 rec again. Our D leads the league in TOs and scores 3 defensive TDs. After writing this, I was considering to stop doing drugs.

change my mind