Charles Snowden Being Overlooked ! Another Wildcard

lemonej

It's hard to say a practice squad player is being overlooked but I do think he has a great opportunity to find a role as a backup.  If you've seen his photos from OTAs he's bulked up quite a bit and looks more prepared to contribute at DE this year.  If he can earn the backup role behind Quinn I like our rotation at DE.  

2 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

I haven't heard him mentioned in any camp talk. I didn't expect much from Gipson at first, but he's turned into a player. Hopefully a few surprises happen.

The rookie Dom is quietly getting some  first team reps and his athleticism had stood out.  But there’s nobody blocking him and I really doubt he has the strength to bend around the edge.  On the positive side coaches are saying he’s picking up the defense and is working hard on his new craft.  At this point it seems he’s not going to the practice squad without a fight.  

On 5/26/2022 at 11:04 PM, AZ54 said:

The rookie Dom is quietly getting some  first team reps and his athleticism had stood out.  But there’s nobody blocking him and I really doubt he has the strength to bend around the edge.  On the positive side coaches are saying he’s picking up the defense and is working hard on his new craft.  At this point it seems he’s not going to the practice squad without a fight.  

AZ you're right. Robinson is getting some hype while in shorts and coach speak is the key to keep a hungry rookie grinding.

There are some other players that may end up being productive that we are leaving out of conversations. Blasingame,Evans, Blackson,Cruikshank,Dawkins, Mario Edwards, Caleb Johnson, Dieter Eiselen, and Tonga. These are all people that might make a decent contribution that will make and roster and play.

On 5/29/2022 at 12:55 PM, Stinger226 said:

There are some other players that may end up being productive that we are leaving out of conversations. Blasingame,Evans, Blackson,Cruikshank,Dawkins, Mario Edwards, Caleb Johnson, Dieter Eiselen, and Tonga. These are all people that might make a decent contribution that will make and roster and play.

Tonga at under tackle is a wildcard also.

Snowden, at least what's being reported,  is 6'7" 240. Unless he has added a ton of mass and probably some more strength,  he's not gonna be a guy at 4-3 DE. 

He needed to add size to play 3-4 OLB to begin with. 

With his height, he should probably be in the 275 range and even that might be light.

I think he may have a better shot at converting to TE. 

1 hour ago, Stinger226 said:

I think a lot of not signing other free agents is they think they have talent on the roster. If it doesn't prove out, I think they will still be able to bring players in.

This is what I think as well.  There are free agents that can absolutely start for us, but Poles is letting our guys work before grabbing them.