Biggest Surprise on Defense in 2022

scs787

11 hours ago, AZ54 said:

It'll be interesting to see if this scheme and position fit his skillset better.  He seems to be looking forward to the opportunity.  

https://www.si.com/nfl/bears/news/simple-assignment-pleases-bears-pass-rusher-jeremiah-attaochu

Well then, there goes my previous post. Lol. For some reason I was thinking Attaochu would be more of a LB in a 4-3. 

1 hour ago, lemonej said:

I'm going with a real surprise DE Charles Snowden who spent the entire season on the practice squad but, was heralded as a premium UDFA

That'd certainly be a big one. Right now, assuming Quinn stays, he's probably 5th if not 6th on the depth chart for DE. Quinn, Gipson, AQ, Dom, and maybe Attaochu could be ahead of him. 

Trading Quinn still makes a ton of sense given the depth....especially if Snowden is a guy. 

Flus defense is a 7 to the ball all over the field which I suspect will give up some yardage but prevent less scoring and produce more TOs. The 2018 defense was great because it had so many TOs. I think we will definitely  be more productive in that area. Also with everybody having to be in better shape and with more speed on the D, I think we end up with a better defense. Everywhere Flus has coached was always better when he took over the defense. One thing was constant, more speed.