TalkBears Keeper FFB League 2022

adam

Gents, 

TalkBears Keeper League has been renewed for 2022 (now in our 13th year). 

https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/77716

We have 84 days before the season starts. Since it is hard to track everyone down in the offseason, I just wanted to verify everyone is still wanting to participate this year. 

Here are the 10 current teams:

Fields of Dreams

MotM

Nips&Tips

Nopper

PapaBear

Run dem pockets

SAVAGEw/LOOSEMORALS! (Champ)

The Bunny

The Mad Lithuanians

Victorious Secret

If I can get confirmation by August 1st, that would be great. That way it gives us a month to find any new GMs. 

Keepers: Up to 2 Keepers, 1st one loses 1 round (5th round pick in 2021 = loss of 4th rounder in 2022), and 2nd keeper loses two rounds (8th Rounder = 6th rounder).

You can't keep the same player two years in a row, and they had to be drafted by you and on your final roster:

Final Roster: https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/77716/lastseason

2021 Draft: https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/2021/f1/119614/draftresults?pspid=782203783&activity=draftresults

League Changes: 

1. $75 buy-in with payouts: $440 / $200 / $75 / $35 (LeagueSafe will open up after all GMs are confirmed)

2. Added 2nd IR spot

3. Changed W/R flex to W/R/T flex

• adam pinned and featured this topic
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

For those that paid, thank you.

Keeper rules: 

1. Can't keep the same player in back-to-back years

2. Up to 2 keepers, first one you lose 1 round, second one you lose 2. 

If any active member personally knows other GMs, please start reaching out. I will send out reminders every few weeks. I want to lock in the GMs a month before the regular season starts so we can agree on a draft date and time.

On 8/1/2022 at 5:44 AM, Stinger226 said:

I just paid my fee. I think you should pick a date for drafting, before other leagues do. That way people can plan it. You can always change according to everyone's schedule.

Good idea, what does everyone's timelines look like before Week 1 (September 8th). 

I was thinking the week of the 28th - 3rd, best day of the week and time for everyone.

I am good after 530pm Central on weekdays and open all day on weekends. 

On 8/2/2022 at 5:29 PM, Stinger226 said:

I can do any time, my only limitations will be the 3 other leagues I'm in. They are not see yet . One is usually the weds of the first week. One is usually on labor day. 

I currently have it set for 7pm on Thursday September 1st. That is one week before Week 1 Kickoff game on TNF. That would give everyone the weekend and a few weekdays to adjust their rosters.

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, killakrzydav said:

I haven’t been able to access my yahoo account yet. Could someone tell me what players of mine are potential keepers please?

Run dem pockets
2.    (13)    Saquon Barkley
4.    (33)    Mike Evans
5.    (48)    D'Andre Swift
6.    (53)    Adam Thielen
7.    (68)    JuJu Smith-Schuster
8.    (73)    Mike Gesicki
10.    (93)    Kenyan Drake
11.    (108)    Los Angeles
12.    (113)    Jaylen Waddle
13.    (128)    Cole Beasley
14.    (133)    Mark Ingram II
15.    (148)    T.Y. Hilton
16.    (153)    Justin Tucker
17.    (168)    Kadarius Toney

You kept Josh Allen and AJ Brown last season, so I removed them. You will lose one round on the first keeper, two on the second.

On 8/19/2022 at 8:46 AM, Mongo3451 said:

I'm keeping Kupp and Taylor

Mongo, you have a keeper conflict:

Taylor 2nd > -1 round > 1st
Kupp 3rd > -2 rounds > 1st

Both players would lose a first. So you will either have to keep Taylor and lose a first, then the next player, you lose two rounds OR keep Kupp and lost a second, and then a second player loses two rounds. Those are your options, or you can just keep one or the other.

On 8/21/2022 at 9:22 AM, Stinger226 said:

I just looked over my final roster and am going to keep Mike Williams and lose round10 pick and also M Brown and lose pick  in round 13.

Williams is good for a 10th, however, you didn't draft Brown in the 15th, so he is ineligible to keep. 

• adam unpinned and unfeatured this topic