Training Camp at Halas Hall

bradjock

Last time I was able to go to a Bears camp was when they were training in Platteville. I had a blast. Unfortunately, I now have trouble just walking across my bedroom, so I will probably never attend another TC. I hope you enjoy your trip. Be sure to give us your impressions after observing them working out.

1 hour ago, Pixote said:

Last time I was able to go to a Bears camp was when they were training in Platteville. I had a blast. Unfortunately, I now have trouble just walking across my bedroom, so I will probably never attend another TC. I hope you enjoy your trip. Be sure to give us your impressions after observing them working out.

Hey Pix, I know you have been having issues for a while now. I just wanted to say I hope things get better for you. Youve been a good guy for as long as ive known ya, and thats gotta be 10 or 15 years now? More?

32 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

Hey Pix, I know you have been having issues for a while now. I just wanted to say I hope things get better for you. Youve been a good guy for as long as ive known ya, and thats gotta be 10 or 15 years now? More?

Same brother...

Platteville was my one and only training camp experience. I still remember it vividly - the year I was there we had Cade McNown entering year 2 and Marcus Robinson was coming off a monster season (where him and Cade seemed to connect late).  Hopes were extremely high (somewhere in my closet I still have an autographed Cade McNown jersey from my time there).  Would have been 15 or 16 years old and got there driving with my dad from my grandparents place in Iowa. Was so much fun.  

Last time I went to Platteville, a friend with me last name was McMahon. There was a bar where only the Bears players could go in after camp hours. Dont remember the name. He told the security that he was Jim McMahon's cousin and they let him in. He got to party with the players for a couple of hours.  

On 7/7/2022 at 7:40 PM, Pixote said:

I get the mobility thing these days. I plumbed for 50 yrs and beat my body up. At 69 it doesnt always work well. I have had both knees and hips replaced. 3  herniated discs, and the worst distraction is arthritis. But I work out weekly, do Yoga every day and it helps me be kinda normal. The odd thing is the more activity I have, the better it gets,  overall but its hard to get to the point of feeling good. Take a lot of supplements but honestly, a positive attitude helps the most. My entertainment is usually sporting events and music concerts but as I get older, sometimes seems more of a chore than a joy, but it makes the positive attitude work so much better. I travel a lot but I suppose that will be hard at some point in time. Thankfully  going to Thailand being 20 hours in the air, is still doable. Just have to always be looking forward. Try Yoga for help, it was a game changer for me. The cool thing is you can go at your own pace until you get to a point of being flexible. You are in my area, and there are classes available. 

On 7/7/2022 at 7:40 PM, Pixote said:

Pix - It's been a while my friend. Hope you are doing well. I see Gary every few months as he lives about 10 miles from me. He goes with me to a game every year. 

Take care of yourself. 

Peace

I took two trips to Bourbonaiss I enjoyed the trips but, nothing compares to the time I was on the Pro Football Weekly site back in my AOL days and I see a post encouraging me to join Bearstalk. And Pix I believe it was you that posted there and I came over and haven't been anywhere else since. Pix I hope you are doing well and can enjoy this upcoming season because I think this is going to be a surprise season to all of us because of the negative surrounding the team.