11 days to camp

Stinger226

48 minutes ago, AZ54 said:

This sort of thing really pisses me off! Back before rookie salaries were slotted I understood problems with negotiations among the high draft picks. However, this type of crap, guaranteed money on year 3 of a 4 year contract, is ridiculous. Does this kid want to start off his first preseason on the sideline watching his teammates get ready to rumble? Hell, get the f**k out there and prove you need a new contract in year three because you're so damn good! That is the way to negotiate! Not playing with your willie while everyone else is kicking ass.

6 hours ago, Pixote said:

This sort of thing really pisses me off! Back before rookie salaries were slotted I understood problems with negotiations among the high draft picks. However, this type of crap, guaranteed money on year 3 of a 4 year contract, is ridiculous. Does this kid want to start off his first preseason on the sideline watching his teammates get ready to rumble? Hell, get the f**k out there and prove you need a new contract in year three because you're so damn good! That is the way to negotiate! Not playing with your willie while everyone else is kicking ass.

He is holding out to get more 3rd year bonus money instead of it spread out to the 4th.  That tells me he is already planning on being a pain on his 4th year. Bless his heart, he is attempting to gain leverage. What does he do if he doesn't sign? Does he get a better offer? 

If I remember Brisker didnt participate in the last camp practice we had. Everyone thought it was a secret injury but he wasnt going to play until he signed his contract. Those contracts are usually cut and dried, it has set limits, the only thing it could be is the guaranteed money. If I remember right, Smith didnt practice right away his rookie year and it all turned out ok with him. So all this does is put pressure on the Bears to give in to his demands. Not sure Poles caves on stuff like this. Actually I just read where unsigned players arent allowed to practice until they are signed. 

15 hours ago, Pixote said:

Fxxk!!!  This crap pisses me off to no end. Hopefully, the holdout doesn't last too long. 

Peace

I read an article on NBCSports.com that gave some interesting figures.

Phidarian Mathis was drafted one pick before Brisker and received $111K guaranteed in the third year of his contract from the Washington Commanders.

New England Patriots drafted wide receiver Tyquan Thornton two picks after Brisker, and he received no guaranteed money in the third year of his deal.

I can't believe it would take a rocket scientist to figure out an acceptable figure for Brisker.

We are talking nickels and dimes when compared to NFL contracts. This doesn't require a huge sacrifice by either party. 

7 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

So all this does is put pressure on the Bears to give in to his demands. Not sure Poles caves on stuff like this. Actually I just read where unsigned players arent allowed to practice until they are signed. 

Poles better not cave to an unproven rookie.  My guess is that he tells Brisker that he doesn't have enough dick to get into the measuring contest.

3 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

Poles better not cave to an unproven rookie.  My guess is that he tells Brisker that he doesn't have enough dick to get into the measuring contest.

For just a hundred grand on a bottom feeding team, really?

4 hours ago, Bill said:

For just a hundred grand on a bottom feeding team, really?

The bottom line in 2022 doesn't matter.  This precedent will effect negotiations on all future contracts and Poles must consider that.  I fully support Brisker's ability to demand whatever he wants.  I fully support the Bears right to pay what they want.  Neither has to come to an agreement.  Brisker is a FA and can work anywhere he wants outside the NFL.  Likewise the Bears can choose to negotiate with other FA players to fill that spot. 

However, if Brisker chooses to work in the NFL he'll have to abide by the existing labor agreement the players have made with the owners, which means the NFL players have accepted that the Bears have exclusive rights to Brisker as a player, draft salary slotting, etc.  Let 'em negotiate and let's see where it lands.  

Everything he does now affects everything going forward. Its nothing as far as money but giving in opens the door for future rookie contracts. Brisker is controlled by his agent with this. I would be curious to know who that is. Both sides save face if they compromise for 50 thousand in the 3rd yr guaranteed money.

I'd love to know what the current offers/demands are.

Are the Bears offering guaranteed money in the 3rd year of his deal? If so, how much?

In comparison, what did they give Gordon in 3rd yr guaranteed money?

I know, Gordon was picked 9 spots earlier than Brisker, but it still would be interesting to know.

Is Brisker (his agent) being unreasonable? Is he asking for 50K? 100K? 200K? More?

There is so much we don't know.

The contracts are slotted. The player before him got a 100 thou guarantee in his 3rd yr.  , the player after him got 0. Its not a big deal but it does tell me if Brisker is very good, in two yrs he will complaining about getting a new contract early. It is an ego thing.