My updated predictions

adam

33 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

What would you think about this trade proposal (lol)? Below.  I’ve seen some ‘click bait’ stories to suggest Mims could be on the Bears radar.  On the one hand he’s a big receiver (always a fan) and has speed.  On the other I’m a bit hesitant on the Bears picking up another reclamation project right now.  (Keep in mind this is an old tweet and simple speculation from another fan).  

Based on that poor highlight I don't want him.  I realize there's more than that but still he's not exactly shifty enough to break free from the DB and can't accelerate past him either.  We might as well see what we get with Harry and ESB for a much lower cost.  

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

What would you think about this trade proposal (lol)? Below.  I’ve seen some ‘click bait’ stories to suggest Mims could be on the Bears radar.  On the one hand he’s a big receiver (always a fan) and has speed.  On the other I’m a bit hesitant on the Bears picking up another reclamation project right now.

If Poles thinks he is a 4 year future stud for us, then sure. But to take a flyer just to fill out this year's roster is a mistake that Poles has been avoiding all summer. Especially if the cost is Quinn. Id rather get draft picks for Quinn if we are going to trade him, or a proven known player that you want to ride with for the next four years.

I think that improving this year's roster at the expense of better long term choices that would be available next year is a Pace kind of move. Im glad Poles isnt thinking win now. If this group of players does win, then GREAT, but i think we will have a real team next year, and this will be a growing year.

Quinn being here is a good thing. He helps with the growth of younger players on the roster. Pass rushers can learn from him. Fields can be pushed to play better when he has to face a strong pass rush in practices. Sports journists started a rumor he wanted to be traded. Come to find out he loves it here.  Why is that a bad thing. He says he doesnt  like moving around all the time. Here he is the man, he doesnt have to be second fiddle to Mack. If he goes some where else, he's the second or third option. We have rookies in the secondary, it only makes things easier for them him being here. Him being here will force more TOs which helps the overall success of the team.

12 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

What would you think about this trade proposal (lol)? Below.  I’ve seen some ‘click bait’ stories to suggest Mims could be on the Bears radar.  On the one hand he’s a big receiver (always a fan) and has speed.  On the other I’m a bit hesitant on the Bears picking up another reclamation project right now.  (Keep in mind this is an old tweet and simple speculation from another fan).  

The DB backpedaled 5+ yds and stayed with him at full speed, zero separation. Hard pass for me. For Quinn, we need draft capital, not retreads.

Quinn still being here puts a solid veteran on every level of the defense. I like the thought of him mentoring Gibson, Snowden and Robinson. I also believe that there are three young players to watch on the defense. Tonga as the "Under Tackle" the Tank Johnson role and my X factor is Mario Edwards Jr at 3 Technique.

if we get good play from the 3T position, that will increase our wins substantially. The main reason I predict about 6 wins is the WRs and the middle of the DL. If the 3T performs better than Im expecting, that will make a big difference.

1 hour ago, Stinger226 said:

What a lame statement. Due for regression by Jordon Silveira.. He ain't getting 18 1/2 again , but 11 would be fine with me. The attention he will draw will help out the other pass rushers. I don't think they trading him.

I think he's going to get traded, if healthy.

At this point, he will bring us a 4th or 5th round pick.  Is that worth losing his sack potential ? I think Poles and Flus thinks this roster has upside so why would you throw away a player that upgrades everyone around him. Now if a team has an injury and we can land a package like for Miller did last yr (2nd and a 3rd) that would change the  narrative. If backups shine and they want them on the field, they may value a trade but we already have a large cap space for next year. Everyone is ignoring the fact that good vet players can help teach the backups and provide leadership. We have Gipson, Robinson, Al-Q Muhammad, and Snowden that are all young players but still have a lot to prove. It doesnt make sense to trade him for a 4th rounder ?

Quinn seems like one of those guys that has a body type that will allow him to play longer. I would not have a problem hanging onto him for a few more years as the team will need vets that are productive. He fits that bill. During an interview, he claimed he wants to be here and also mentioned that he is sick of moving. Both of those would lead me to believe he would be willing to stay in Chicago beyond his current deal. I wouldn't mind it.

Crap! I was hoping Deebo wouldn't sign until after we played SF week 1 :lol:

The San Francisco 49ers and wide receiver Deebo Samuel have agreed on a three-year contract extension worth up to $73.5 million with $58.1 million guaranteed, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Sunday.

15 hours ago, Pixote said:

Crap! I was hoping Deebo wouldn't sign until after we played SF week 1 :lol:

Another side note, all the major WR options who would've been UFAs next year are all signing contracts this year, so there is going to be limited options next year when the Bears have all this cap space. So it seems like a trade is going to be the only option.

Yes Deebo torched us for 171 yards on 6 receptions. Mitchell ran for 137 yards. Garoppolo threw for 322 yards. We lost 33 to 22. Not close. This was when SF was struggling with a lot of injuries. Now that said, I think that the Bears come away with multiple interceptions against QB Lance, and with Fields taking a step forward with a coaching staff that knows what the hell they are doing, we win and surprise the "experts."

The Bears win total is 6.5 — over or under?

Under. They’re not better than the Packers, 49ers, Bills, Eagles, Patriots, Cowboys, Dolphins or Vikings. That’s 10 losses right there — and they can’t run the table against the rest of their slate.

transition-logo

OK, so they win maybe one or two of those games but can also lose the same with the others.  I don't expect the over.   One would hope they will be better than last year but they have undergone the leagues biggest turn over of personal then almost every team in the NFL.

On 8/5/2022 at 12:52 PM, Bill said:

The Bears win total is 6.5 — over or under?

Under. They’re not better than the Packers, 49ers, Bills, Eagles, Patriots, Cowboys, Dolphins or Vikings. That’s 10 losses right there — and they can’t run the table against the rest of their slate.

OK, so they win maybe one or two of those games but can also lose the same with the others.  I don't expect the over.   One would hope they will be better than last year but they have undergone the leagues biggest turn over of personal then almost every team in the NFL.

Here are the other 7 games: HOU, NYG, WAS, DET, DET, ATL, NYJ (all teams with 7 or less wins last year)

None of those teams are better than the Bears. Davis Mills, Daniel Jones, Carson Wentz, Jared Goff, Marcus Mariota, and Zach Wilson are the QBs. 

I think the Bears can split with Minnesota and the Eagles (9-8, with Jalen Hurts) and Dolphins (9-8, with Tua) are winnable games. I am not sold on the QBs yet.

So the Bears can go 5-2 against the really bad teams, split vs the ok teams 2-2, and lose all the rest vs the good teams and still go 7-10. 

It's  9 to 1 odds they win the division. I might as well test my positive attitude and drop 50 on that bet.  When the bears went to the SB and Devin Hester run the opening kickoff back for a TD. Me and a friend were in Cano San Lucas at a sports bet and it had 35 to 1 odds . we each bet 20 , A 700 playoff. Needless to say , I was excited , plus the Bears were winning. Then it was downhill from there.

8 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

I haven't backed off of 9 wins, actually that wouldn't win a conference, so I might has well go with 11. Don't want to jinx myself.

Betting the over at 6.5 wins seems like a pretty safe bet. I think there is a greater chance that the Bears win 7 or more than there is that they lose 11 or more. 

With have all these national writers predicting doom on the Bears. I think they forgot what we had, they base their opinion on what we added. 

Mooney, Kmet, Montgomery, and Fields. All of them will be taking steps forward. We have added to the line. Jones-Reiff, Whitehair- Mustifer-Patrick, Schofield-Jenkins, and Borom-Reiff. We only need one of the FAs to step forward, EQB-Pringle-Moore-Pettis-Sharpe. We have added a couple of playmakers in Jones and Ebner through the draft. Herbert and Evans has some game. Griffin and O'Shaughnessy are upgrades. Also a FB. The offense will be fine as they grow together.