My updated predictions

adam

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, McGowan said:

Remember how bad Houston was even when Watson was lighting it up. 

I remember how bad Watson was in a playoff game.  That was some of the worst QB play I've ever seen and I say that as a Bears fan.  He won the game running for big gains but the passing was awful.  After they beat up on Justin Fields last year it feels right that Watson landed in Cleveland.  

• 1 month later...
On 7/27/2022 at 10:56 AM, adam said:

1 for 1 baby!

On 7/27/2022 at 1:35 PM, AZ54 said:

I don't see the 49ers game as a win.  They are just too much of a good veteran team across the board, even with their 2nd year QB and his limitations.  Not only that they run the same offense so they know how to defend it.  The only advantage we have is they have no clue how we will deploy players on offense so there are no tendencies to scout.  On the other side with their offense against our defense they have plenty of film on what Eberflus did in Indy so they'll be prepared.  That didn't help them last year so maybe there is hope:  

https://www.si.com/nfl/colts/gameday/colts-49ers-week-7-crunching-numbers

GB has the better defense and the QB plus we're on the road.  We have Getsy who can give insight into tendencies but again with a revamped WR corps who knows.  I'd guess they'll rely on their running game and screen passes early in the season so maybe we'll be ready.  This is where you need a vet like Quinn to have a big game.   I can't see our new offense having a good game on the road. 

By week 9 the talk in Miami might be benching Tua for the steady but unspectacular Bridgewater.    

Oh really? :headbang

16 minutes ago, adam said:

Oh really? :headbang

From Jul 27th, well before anything out of training camp much less the preseason games.  Even then I'd still have the 49ers favored.  However, I don't gamble much but I'd have easily taken the Bears and the points.  We had 5 rookies show up big in their first game and not just with a few good plays.  I don't know what the odds of that happening are but it's something close to zero.  Especially with 2 being at high value positions:  LT/DE which put their strength positions OT/DE against them.  

3 hours ago, AZ54 said:

From Jul 27th, well before anything out of training camp much less the preseason games.  Even then I'd still have the 49ers favored.  However, I don't gamble much but I'd have easily taken the Bears and the points.  We had 5 rookies show up big in their first game and not just with a few good plays.  I don't know what the odds of that happening are but it's something close to zero.  Especially with 2 being at high value positions:  LT/DE which put their strength positions OT/DE against them.  

I am totally messing with you. If I lost I wouldn't be digging anything up lol.

4 hours ago, killakrzydav said:

As terrible as the packers looked, there’s no way I’ wouldn’t recommend taking the bears plus ten points Sunday night in Wisconsin

I already did that and I realize that is a risky bet but I lots of times drink to much Bears coolaid. I won money on them last week, so at worst , it cancels out what I won.