Bulls number 1 pick

DrunkBomber

Beasly or Love?

I seen that tonight and was jumping like a little kid.

Tough one here, but my first instinct is Rose PG. Look at what Chris Paul, D. Williams have done for there teams so quickly. Beasley is very, very close to the top as he would be a big player that would put up the points every night.

Put it this way, if they take Love, Paxson needs to be shot. Period.

Rose. As whoever said, you don't win w/o a PG. I bet MIL and ATL would have much rather went with CP3 or Deron Williams at this point, don't ya think? Plus, what team in the past 7 or 8 years has won without a PG?

Ya I got confused. Either one is acceptable on Valentines Day.

Rose. As whoever said, you don't win w/o a PG. I bet MIL and ATL would have much rather went with CP3 or Deron Williams at this point, don't ya think? Plus, what team in the past 7 or 8 years has won without a PG?

Miami's Jay Williams doesn't strike me as dominant. The Lakers didnt' have dominant PG's in the Kobe/Shaq years. Tony Parker really wasn't a dominant PG yet in 2003 for the Spurs either. (Anyway, yes, Rose is my pick also).

Anyway...just to note, we have a whole message board devoted to the Bulls! Please visit!

Bottom line, this pick will either make or break Paxson!

Best choose wiesly!

Miami's Jay Williams doesn't strike me as dominant. The Lakers didnt' have dominant PG's in the Kobe/Shaq years. Tony Parker really wasn't a dominant PG yet in 2003 for the Spurs either. (Anyway, yes, Rose is my pick also).

Anyway...just to note, we have a whole message board devoted to the Bulls! Please visit!

You're comparing apples and oranges. The Bulls don't have a guy like Wade/Shaq, Kobe/Shaq, and Tim Duncan where a PG might not be needed as much. In this day and age, look at the good teams, they all have a great PG- NO with Paul, UTH with Williams, and SA with Parker (obviously, an exception for LA, they have 4 stars, Bynum, Kobe, Odom, and Gasol).

Personally, I think they should trade it. There is a ton of hype with this pick, and either Rose or Beasley will command a lot in a trade.

On top of that, I don't know what the Bulls' identity is right now. I think they need a marquee player of some kind to go with the players they have. They have far too many similar players. They remind me of the Blazers from about 8-10 years ago. Tons of good players, but all about the same level.

Besides, their backcourt is pretty good. Sure, Rose will probably be better, but Heinrich, Gordon, Duhon, and Sefolosha are pretty formidable.

Nocioni, Thomas, Noah, and Deng are pretty damn good for forwards.

They lack something serious at the center position. And since they don't have Jordan, I'm pretty sure they need a Center.

What does that mean? They need to pull off a massive trade.

First of all, Drew Gooden sucks, but is also highly overrated somehow. This goes double for Larry Hughes. He is one of the worst players for the Bulls. He may be better THAN some players, but he's the kind of guy that goes in to get "his shots", and doesn't seem to work well with the team, the offense...and he doesn't player defense either.

A few team ideas:

-Stoudamire from Phoenix - Look how easily they gave away Marion

-Chandler from NO - He understands how to play now

-Nene / Kenyon from Denver

-Howard from Orlando - This would be a blockbuster, and probably unlikely

-Bosh from Toronto - This would also be a blockbuster, but more likely considering Toronto's habit of dumping talent

Personally, I think they should trade it. There is a ton of hype with this pick, and either Rose or Beasley will command a lot in a trade.

On top of that, I don't know what the Bulls' identity is right now. I think they need a marquee player of some kind to go with the players they have. They have far too many similar players. They remind me of the Blazers from about 8-10 years ago. Tons of good players, but all about the same level.

Besides, their backcourt is pretty good. Sure, Rose will probably be better, but Heinrich, Gordon, Duhon, and Sefolosha are pretty formidable.

Nocioni, Thomas, Noah, and Deng are pretty damn good for forwards.

They lack something serious at the center position. And since they don't have Jordan, I'm pretty sure they need a Center.

What does that mean? They need to pull off a massive trade.

First of all, Drew Gooden sucks, but is also highly overrated somehow. This goes double for Larry Hughes. He is one of the worst players for the Bulls. He may be better THAN some players, but he's the kind of guy that goes in to get "his shots", and doesn't seem to work well with the team, the offense...and he doesn't player defense either.

A few team ideas:

-Bosh from Toronto - This would also be a blockbuster, but more likely considering Toronto's habit of dumping talent

Let's start by saying that Thomas and Nocioni are anything but "pretty damn good". Thomas still doesn't have a wee-bit of a basketball IQ, Nocioni is over-rated and doesn't deserve half of that contract we gave him, and Deng may not even be with us next year, and the same goes for BG as both are FA's.

Now on to your trade scenarios. Here's my thoughts on your prosposals, respectively:

Could happen. Although, he's injury prone and who knows how good he'll be without the 2nd best PG in the game.

Won't happen. Yeah, he knows how to play, with a real friggin' PG. And, it won't take the #1 pick for him. It'll take TT, sign and trade Gordon, and Gooden.

Ehh, on this one. Nene and Martin don't do much for me.

Won't happen, unless that is we give up this #1, next year's #1, Gordon, TT, Gooden, and Hinrich. Not to mention probably Hughes and Gray. AKA, our whole team.

Slight chance. Bosh refuses to get stronger which angers TOR management. It'd probably cost us our #1 next year, Gordon, and Gooden. And maybe TT.

Theres not a chance in hell they would trade this pick. This is what this team has needed. Also, the reason why the Suns traded Marion is because they had Stoudemire. It would take a ton to get him.

They traded Marion because he was crying about his contract and about not being happy. He plays a completely different position, and has a completely different role from Stoudamire. The one has nothing to do with the other, except for the amount of money.

I still say they have a ton of talent, and should use this pick with Larry Hughes to make a blockbuster trade for a proven stud/veteran.

They traded Marion because he was crying about his contract and about not being happy. He plays a completely different position, and has a completely different role from Stoudamire. The one has nothing to do with the other, except for the amount of money.

I still say they have a ton of talent, and should use this pick with Larry Hughes to make a blockbuster trade for a proven stud/veteran.

What player that would be available is worth the pick? The Suns wouldnt trade Stoudemire for a draft pick and Larry Hughes. Stoudemire is too important for them to compete in the West.

What player that would be available is worth the pick? The Suns wouldnt trade Stoudemire for a draft pick and Larry Hughes. Stoudemire is too important for them to compete in the West.

When you consider all the facts, including the marketing, the fact that the Bulls will have whoever they draft for minimal cost/cap hit for 5 years or more, that the Bulls would have to add in an extra player or two in order to make the contracts work to take on another player, there's probably only 5 or so guys in the NBA that I might be willing to trade the pick for. Lebron, Kobe, CP3, I'd throw in Wade although some people don't like his injury history, Some others have said Howard, but that's about the extent of my list.

Given the fact that they didn't look nearly as good as they have in the past, and the entire makeup of their team is due to change without D'Antoni, it's very possible they'll want to go a different route and get rid of Stoudamire. Not to mention the fact that he does have a injury history. Add both of those facts to the recent dumping of high profile players for .75 on the dollar, and it's entirely possible that they'd make the move. Oh yeah, they also made a move for Shaquille O'Neal, perhaps the worst possible player for their style of play. If that doesn't show an organization with a propensity for bad decisions, nothing does.

Given the fact that they didn't look nearly as good as they have in the past, and the entire makeup of their team is due to change without D'Antoni, it's very possible they'll want to go a different route and get rid of Stoudamire. Not to mention the fact that he does have a injury history. Add both of those facts to the recent dumping of high profile players for .75 on the dollar, and it's entirely possible that they'd make the move. Oh yeah, they also made a move for Shaquille O'Neal, perhaps the worst possible player for their style of play. If that doesn't show an organization with a propensity for bad decisions, nothing does.

The main reason they traded for Shaq though was because Marion wanted out and they figured their window to win was closing and if they were going to compete against teams in the west they needed someone to cover Duncan. They still have Shaq and Nash and if they traded Stoudemire it completely puts them into rebuilding and would be the end of the Nash run in Phoenix. If they want to try and compete with the guys they have now they wont trade him, but if they are trying to move on from D'antonis system and get younger they might.

• 2 weeks later...

A few team ideas:

Absolutly no way in hell i would trade our first pick for Tyson fricking chandler, thats just silly. Or Nene or Kenyon, im not sure i'd trade our 2nd round pick for those guys. And I know that Orlando wouldnt trade Howard for anyone but probably Lebron, same with Bosh. So the only legit one is probably Stoudamire but even then we would probably ask for their 1st round pick in return.

• 2 weeks later...