First football draft today

Ed Hochuli 3:16

QB- Derek Anderson CLE, Jeff Garcia TB

RB- Marion Barber DAL, Ryan Grant GB, Rashard Mendenhall PIT

WR- Greg Jennings GB, Hines Ward PIT, Nate Burleson SEA, Reggie Williams JAX, Devin Hester CHI

TE- Heath Miller PIT, Greg Olsen CHI

K- Rob Bironas TEN, Josh Scobee JAX

DEF- Vikings

Thoughts?

Wow, an early draft. I love FF and am anxious to begin the year but to draft this early is insane IMO. I guarantee you some of the players you just drafted may very well be on the IR before the start of the season. Such is the gamble of an early FF draft. That is why I try to wait until the last minute, leaving just enough time after the draft to try and make adjustments to my lineups with FA or trades once the dust settles from the draft room.

IMO, and let's face it, everyone's opinion is just a guess at this point in the game... And I do not know the number of players you start per position or scoring system used, with that said...

Starting QB looks solid. D Anderson should do good again this year. If he goes down Garcia is questionable do to his age and I think will be pushed by others on his team for starting.

RBs should be cool. Barber should get an increased role this year, Grant should do good, GB may need to rely more on the run this year as I do not think A Rogers will do very well. Mendenhall - will he be this years A Peterson? It is a gamble but a good one.

WRs are questionable IMO. Jennings value will drop off some from last year with Rogers as QB. Ward, if healthy, is solid. Burleson & Williams are very questionable and I would not draft either. Hester is interesting obviously and I hope he is the top fantasy WR on your team (being a Bears fan, LOL)

TEs are excellent. Heath Miller when healthy should be solid and what is not to like about Olsen.

Kickers are a dime a dozen and totally unpredictable.

Min is showing up high on all the preseason ranking for defense. I probably would not pick them because then I would have to have my fantasy team rely heavily on a NFCN opponent, LOL

Again, just my opinion, but I think you weak link is WR. That is the one position on your lineup I question the most.

A few gambles in there. I dont think Mendenhall is gonna do anything fantasy wise. Willie is gonna get the bulk of the carries and if they bring him in on the goal line they still normally pass a lot down there. I also think the Packers offense is gonna take a big step back. Grant and Jennings will drop off.

Wow, an early draft. I love FF and am anxious to begin the year but to draft this early is insane IMO.

WRs are questionable IMO. Jennings value will drop off some from last year with Rogers as QB. Ward, if healthy, is solid. Burleson & Williams are very questionable and I would not draft either. Hester is interesting obviously and I hope he is the top fantasy WR on your team (being a Bears fan, LOL)

Boredom caught up to me and that night there was an open draft. I joined.

I drafted Burleson, Ward, and Williams because all 3 had 7+ TDs last year.

I love allyour slots other than QB.

Anderson just worries me that he may not be able to replicate last year. Garcia is also getting long in the tooth...

QB- Derek Anderson CLE, Jeff Garcia TB

RB- Marion Barber DAL, Ryan Grant GB, Rashard Mendenhall PIT

WR- Greg Jennings GB, Hines Ward PIT, Nate Burleson SEA, Reggie Williams JAX, Devin Hester CHI

TE- Heath Miller PIT, Greg Olsen CHI

K- Rob Bironas TEN, Josh Scobee JAX

DEF- Vikings

Thoughts?