Cassell

flea

Patriots beat writer Mike Reiss wonders if Mike Vrabel's trade could be part of a larger deal including Matt Cassel.

Now that would be a doozy. Reiss is one of the most well-respected beat writers in the country, and is usually very cautious to publish anything resembling speculation. He rightly points out that we have no idea what the compensation in the Vrabel trade is.

i heard the same thing. Cassel to KC for the #3 pick and the Pats would select OLB Curry...there would be some other swaping of picks as well.

With the cap implications of getting Cassell making it so there's virtually no cap related benefit to that trade for KC, that'd be mind-boggling. It'd have to be like the Pats next 3 first round picks to make it worth it.

With the cap implications of getting Cassell making it so there's virtually no cap related benefit to that trade for KC, that'd be mind-boggling. It'd have to be like the Pats next 3 first round picks to make it worth it.

I would take him for our 18th overall pick. kid is going to be really good!

Its over...Cassel to KC for their 2nd round pick. I would have given our 2nd rounder for him

The Chiefs' second rounder is going to be at the very start of the 2nd right? Almost where a late first sits. It'd have taken more the Bears' 2nd rounder to beat that. 2nd and a 3rd, or maybe even just the Bears's first rounder for it.