Great 1st and 2nd Round Mock

Guest TerraTor

McClure's new 2 round mock on Walter's has us going Ayers then Sean Smith. Not too high on Ayers at 18 but I like the Smith pick.

I'm really not too high on a 1st or 2nd RD DE, but also like Smith FS/CB if available at 2-49.

As for DHB, I like what he can bring b/c it may complement our WR corp all together. I think Maclin = Hester, Nicks = Bennett, and DHB = a #1 we don't have. I'll be happy to get any of the WR's except for Harvin that's project in RD's1 or 2.

[bennett Hester Williams Omiyale Kreutz Beunning Britton Olsen Heyward-Bey]

................................................. Orton

..................................................Forte

No thanks. While I like Duke, just say no to DHB. I like him overall as a prospect, but what makes anyone think we can develop such a raw talent. If we draft him, I think we will see a great player, but not until he leaves the bears. He is simply too raw, and if we are going to draft a WR, I think it has to be a more developed/polished one.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Mock-Draft-A.php

Take best DL/DB available in the 3rd (SS-Byrd)

No thanks. While I like Duke, just say no to DHB. I like him overall as a prospect, but what makes anyone think we can develop such a raw talent. If we draft him, I think we will see a great player, but not until he leaves the bears. He is simply too raw, and if we are going to draft a WR, I think it has to be a more developed/polished one.

I agree 100% with that assessment because DHB's hands are a little suspect and that was proven at the Combine in drills.This is why I'm higher on Nicks and Robiskie than some of the other WR's.They both are polished route runners and both come from schools that like to run the ball which automatically makes them understand they have to block. Right now DHB reminds me of Troy Williamson.

I'm really not too high on a 1st or 2nd RD DE, but also like Smith FS/CB if available at 2-49.

As for DHB, I like what he can bring b/c it may complement our WR corp all together. I think Maclin = Hester, Nicks = Bennett, and DHB = a #1 we don't have. I'll be happy to get any of the WR's except for Harvin that's project in RD's1 or 2.

How can you say that DHB is a #1 WR while Nicks is like Bennett? Nicks is nowhere near Bennett. Nicks is a 1st round pick, maybe to us at 18, while Bennett went in the 3rd. He's a physical guy who loves to block. I'm not sure if Bennett was a great blocker coming out, I can't remember, but I do know that Bennett wasn't a great YAC guy at Vandy. DHB is super raw and in a pro style offense he didn't even put up great numbers. Many friends of mine have said that Nicks could be the better pro over Crabtree.

To be honest, I like DHB. Hell, I like him a lot. I think, if drafting to the right team, he could be a stud to cause Bear fans to scream in the future. But the "right team" is the key.

I think back to Bradley. Bradley was never a starter in college. He was a part time player w/ tremendous upside and pure athleticism, but very much lacking in football development. We were not able to do jack squat w/ him.

Then we draft Bennett. One of his big assets in the draft reviews was intelligence and smarts. If asked prior to the draft, I think few would have said he would struggle to learn the playbook. And yet, what happens.

I know many are going to rip Turner for this, but not me. This is all Drake. Seriously, what the hell does Drake do?

If we give Drake a prospect like DHB, it would be as wasted as putting a naked Angelina Jolie into a gay man's bed.

I agree 100% with that assessment because DHB's hands are a little suspect and that was proven at the Combine in drills.This is why I'm higher on Nicks and Robiskie than some of the other WR's.They both are polished route runners and both come from schools that like to run the ball which automatically makes them understand they have to block. Right now DHB reminds me of Troy Williamson.

Two others I have seen him compared to are Roddy White (recent) and Keyshawn Johnson (not so recent).

Like Irvin, I think a key is simply in the way he plays. You have many WRs out there who list 6'3, 6'4 or more, but they simply fail to utilize their height. They wait for the ball to get to them, rather than attack it. They jump up, but do not time it best, and catch the ball even (in the jump) w/ their head, rather than high above. In other words, they do not catch the ball at its highest point. They knew how to use their body to shield a defender. When the QB throws, only the WR is going to be in position to make a play on the ball. These guys ran great routes, and just new how to get open. They also had upper body strength that allowed them to more easily get clean releases off the LOS. And anything thrown in their zip code was caught. These are the things said about Nicks.

Many love burners. Nicks is not one. He is faster than some likely think (he is not Bobby Engram), but he is not going to likely have many 80 yard TDs after catching a 10 yard slant. So freaking what. As w/ the above WRs, you just do not have to have elite speed to be a stud.

A "compares to" I have seen for Robiskie is Amani Toomer (at his best). I see nothing wrong w/ that. Toomer was a damn good WR few give credit. If we were to get Robiskie in the 2nd, and he became Amani Toomer, I think few bear fans would complain.

yea, not very high on Bey. Love Nicks. He's being compared favorable to Irvin which is a good thing as long as he leaves out the coke. lol.

Take a look at the below linked scouting report on Nicks (and you can also use this to check out DHB and whoever else). It is very detailed,

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1117392

They compare Nicks to Keyshawn Johnson (far cry from Bennett) and DHB to Ashlie Lelie. Nicks also gets a overall grade of around 7.3, while DHB is around 6.7 (I think that is more similar to Robiskie and more of a 2nd round grade).

DHB is a great looking prospect, but the kid is just so raw it is sick. I am tired of going after track stars and athletes and want to begin focusing on football players. That means we look at some who may not have the best 40 time or 3 cone or vertical, but put them on the field and they can simply play. Put them in pads and they show burst, rather than the guys who look like freaks in shorts.

Take a look at the below linked scouting report on Nicks (and you can also use this to check out DHB and whoever else). It is very detailed,

They compare Nicks to Keyshawn Johnson (far cry from Bennett) and DHB to Ashlie Lelie. Nicks also gets a overall grade of around 7.3, while DHB is around 6.7 (I think that is more similar to Robiskie and more of a 2nd round grade).

DHB is a great looking prospect, but the kid is just so raw it is sick. I am tired of going after track stars and athletes and want to begin focusing on football players. That means we look at some who may not have the best 40 time or 3 cone or vertical, but put them on the field and they can simply play. Put them in pads and they show burst, rather than the guys who look like freaks in shorts.

Nfo two great posts I watched Nicks in a game against West Va where he made plays similar to what Holmes and Fitzgerald did in the Super Bowl.He did exactly what you described and took the ball out the air. The other thing that seems to be lost in this is that I'm not hearing much about how he seemed to be the best offensive player on his team and he was still able to make plays. I consider him the number 3 WR while the top 2 both have QBs who will be drafted this year.

Two others I have seen him compared to are Roddy White (recent) and Keyshawn Johnson (not so recent).

Like Irvin, I think a key is simply in the way he plays. You have many WRs out there who list 6'3, 6'4 or more, but they simply fail to utilize their height. They wait for the ball to get to them, rather than attack it. They jump up, but do not time it best, and catch the ball even (in the jump) w/ their head, rather than high above. In other words, they do not catch the ball at its highest point. They knew how to use their body to shield a defender. When the QB throws, only the WR is going to be in position to make a play on the ball. These guys ran great routes, and just new how to get open. They also had upper body strength that allowed them to more easily get clean releases off the LOS. And anything thrown in their zip code was caught. These are the things said about Nicks.

Many love burners. Nicks is not one. He is faster than some likely think (he is not Bobby Engram), but he is not going to likely have many 80 yard TDs after catching a 10 yard slant. So freaking what. As w/ the above WRs, you just do not have to have elite speed to be a stud.

A "compares to" I have seen for Robiskie is Amani Toomer (at his best). I see nothing wrong w/ that. Toomer was a damn good WR few give credit. If we were to get Robiskie in the 2nd, and he became Amani Toomer, I think few bear fans would complain.

DHB is a high reward, high risk player. Look at his production in college. With his body he should have put up stud numbers but he didnt. He is going to be a Ted Ginn type player, ok but not great. Nicks, could be the best receiver coming out of this draft, but as someone has mentioned before, if the Cotls draft you, you might be a stud, if the Vikings draft you, maybe you stuggle.

Heres some comparison I've found:

Earl Bennett Sterling Sharpe--Chris Chambers-Greg Jennings--fftoday, Jericho Cotchery=(walter football)

Hakeem Nicks - Player Comparison: Jerricho Cotchery walter football and Nicks reminds me a lot of Greg Jennings coming out of college (walterfootball)

Some sites I've read said Nicks would make a great #2 WR, I've also read sites were the said all Bennett would be is either a #2 or slot WR.

I am surprised Bennett would have been compared to Sharpe, as one of the things I remember some quesitoning was his strength.

I have seen Nicks compared to Roddy White, Keyshawn Johnson and Michael Irvin, all of which were considered #1 WRs.

Heres some comparison I've found:

Earl Bennett Sterling Sharpe--Chris Chambers-Greg Jennings--fftoday, Jericho Cotchery=(walter football)

Hakeem Nicks - Player Comparison: Jerricho Cotchery walter football and Nicks reminds me a lot of Greg Jennings coming out of college (walterfootball)

Some sites I've read said Nicks would make a great #2 WR, I've also read sites were the said all Bennett would be is either a #2 or slot WR.