Let us pray for Cutler.

Wesson44

Our Papa Who art a Bear Hallowed be thy fame Thy championships come Thy play be run At home as it is away Give us this day Jay Cutler And forgive us of our turnovers Though we pounce on those who turnover against us And lead Cutler not to another team But deliver us from Orton.

Our Papa Who art a Bear Hallowed be thy fame Thy championships come Thy play be run At home as it is away Give us this day Jay Cutler And forgive us of our turnovers Though we pounce on those who turnover against us And lead Cutler not to another team But deliver us from Orton.

:puke That was as cheesy as it gets. LOL!

My fear is Angelo is "showing" interest more to avoid bad PR than because he truly intends to not only be involved in serious discussions, but honestly plans to give up what it takes to get Cutler.

While the price may not go so high, I think to enter the game, we have to be prepared to give up as much as two 1st round picks, a 3rd and Orton. Doesn't mean that is our first offer, but a price I personally think it could get up to.

If you don't intend to spend $100, you don't sit down at the $100 dollar table in Vegas.

If the deal ultimately is something we simply could not match, like if Detroit sends both 1st round picks, fine. But what would make me sick is if most any other team were able to get a deal done, as I would view that as they simply out bid us.

If we try to get him and fail because we didnt have the right people to offer, so be it, but at least be in the mix and the effort will give me some hope.

My fear is Angelo is "showing" interest more to avoid bad PR than because he truly intends to not only be involved in serious discussions, but honestly plans to give up what it takes to get Cutler.

While the price may not go so high, I think to enter the game, we have to be prepared to give up as much as two 1st round picks, a 3rd and Orton. Doesn't mean that is our first offer, but a price I personally think it could get up to.

If you don't intend to spend $100, you don't sit down at the $100 dollar table in Vegas.

If the deal ultimately is something we simply could not match, like if Detroit sends both 1st round picks, fine. But what would make me sick is if most any other team were able to get a deal done, as I would view that as they simply out bid us.

It wont matter, because even if JA does earnestly try to get Cutler and the Broncos decided to choose another package, he will be portrayed as not really having interest just like you said.

Just like people were ripping him for not signing FA's yet it looks like we could get a couple more this week.

I think, if he does not get Cutler and we do not make the playoffs, I think the call for his head will be as loud as we've ever heard regarless of what actual or feigned attempt he does to get Cutler.

It wont matter, because even if JA does earnestly try to get Cutler and the Broncos decided to choose another package, he will be portrayed as not really having interest just like you said.

Just like people were ripping him for not signing FA's yet it looks like we could get a couple more this week.

I think that depends. If, for example, Detroit sends both 1st round picks, I can't see how many fans could rip Angelo. Or if Wash were to offer Campbell (a QB perceived to have greater upside than orton) and their 1st (about what, 5 picks in front of ours) as well as a package of picks, can Angelo be ripped. The point is, if another team simply creates a package the bears are "unable" to match, that is one thing.

Where i think Angelo would be ripped is if the ultimate deal ends up being something the bears were simply "unwilling" to match. For example, lets say NYJs get Cutler by sending two 1st and a 3rd. That is a package the bears "could" match or better, but would be seen as unwiling. That is the sort of situation I think Angelo would be ripped.

Honestly, do you really think Angelo will be above getting ripped if he doesn't sign with the Bears? No one will truly know how much or how little was done to try to get him. And if the team under-performs again, I think the assumption would be more negative than positive.

...but yes, I do agree that if the deal appears reasonable as you mention in your 2nd paragraph, he definitley will get ripped.

I think that depends. If, for example, Detroit sends both 1st round picks, I can't see how many fans could rip Angelo. Or if Wash were to offer Campbell (a QB perceived to have greater upside than orton) and their 1st (about what, 5 picks in front of ours) as well as a package of picks, can Angelo be ripped. The point is, if another team simply creates a package the bears are "unable" to match, that is one thing.

Where i think Angelo would be ripped is if the ultimate deal ends up being something the bears were simply "unwilling" to match. For example, lets say NYJs get Cutler by sending two 1st and a 3rd. That is a package the bears "could" match or better, but would be seen as unwiling. That is the sort of situation I think Angelo would be ripped.

Its not going to matter. Even if Detroit offers their whole draft, JA will get ripped for not offering our whole draft and Harris, Url, etc.

Agreed...

Either we get him, or JA will probably be blasted. The only saving grace for him would be a playoff appearance.

Its not going to matter. Even if Detroit offers their whole draft, JA will get ripped for not offering our whole draft and Harris, Url, etc.

No question there are going to be fans who rip Angelo no matter what, just as there are fans who will always find reason to praise him. I am not talking about the extremes though. There will always be those at the far end of either side who will blast away regardless of logic and reason.

By and large though, I think the public outcry against Angelo will be less if the deal which is ultimately made is one simply out there. For example, I recall numerous fans wanting to go after Haynesworth in FA, w/ the idea of him playing next to Tommie Harris. Then Wash made a ridiculous offer, and I have never once heard a fan since attack Angelo for not getting Haynesworth.

Thus, I think it simply about what the ultimate deals ends up being for. If it would have taken our entire draft and pro bowl players too, I just do not think as many fans as you think will rip him. If it ends up being a deal more in line w/ what we could do, I think you will see plenty.

I think you don't give enough credence to the position. The public outcry to get Haynesworth was non-existant..compared to Cutler. We have good DT's...the team has a history of getting them. But QB is our Achilles heal...

I stand by my statement that if we do not get Cutler, and we miss the playoffs the calls for JA's head will be at an all time high.

No question there are going to be fans who rip Angelo no matter what, just as there are fans who will always find reason to praise him. I am not talking about the extremes though. There will always be those at the far end of either side who will blast away regardless of logic and reason.

By and large though, I think the public outcry against Angelo will be less if the deal which is ultimately made is one simply out there. For example, I recall numerous fans wanting to go after Haynesworth in FA, w/ the idea of him playing next to Tommie Harris. Then Wash made a ridiculous offer, and I have never once heard a fan since attack Angelo for not getting Haynesworth.

Thus, I think it simply about what the ultimate deals ends up being for. If it would have taken our entire draft and pro bowl players too, I just do not think as many fans as you think will rip him. If it ends up being a deal more in line w/ what we could do, I think you will see plenty.

I think you don't give enough credence to the position. The public outcry to get Haynesworth was non-existant..compared to Cutler. We have good DT's...the team has a history of getting them. But QB is our Achilles heal...

I stand by my statement that if we do not get Cutler, and we miss the playoffs the calls for JA's head will be at an all time high.

And although I wish our fans weren't this way, I agree with you.

I also dont think we are going to be able to be players. We aren't even in the poll on ESPN dot com on where Cutler will end up.

I hear ya... It's just the reality of the situation.

yeah...once I found WAS involved, it just looks like a pipe dream.

I also dont think we are going to be able to be players. We aren't even in the poll on ESPN dot com on where Cutler will end up.

Just personal opinion, but I think that "the ESPN poll" is based more on Angelo's history. While few question the bear's need, I think most all (both local and national) media questions whether Angelo would make such a big move. Snyder is someone who has a history of trying to be involved in every big move happening. Angelo?

While not equal, one incident I would point to that gives me a small amount of hope. Wale was a 15 sack stud for Miami. I do not think there were many Bear fans who felt (a) Angelo would have the guts to pull the trigger or (B) the owners would pony up the money for the new deal he wanted. Well, surprise surprise surprise.

Trust me. I get the importance of the QB position. For me, I just think it will (at least to some degree) depend on who gets him and for what. If Minny were to get him, then I just do not think it would matter what was given up. The double wammy of losing out on Cutler and his going to a division rival would throw out all logic for fans. On the other hand, there are a couple teams who simply have bigger guns that we. If Det uses their 1st pick in the draft (assuming Denver even wants it) that pick alone is worth more than both our 2009 and 2010 1st rounders.

Point of the Haynesworth mention was, I think it is possible Cutler gets traded for a package as ridiculous as Fat Albert got in his contract, and at that point, I think fewer fans than you expect go balistic. If however the package is not as great as I expect, then all bets are off.

Um, I would say this would be true regardless of Cutler. Way too many failed 1st round picks and overall weak talent assembled over the years. I think many are calling for his head today, and if the team fails again, Angelo, Lovie and everyone else will feel an all time high in hate.

I follow...

I do agree that JA should be on the hot seat regrdless as well. However, if he does bring Cutler and we falter, I think he would get some benefit of the doubt. Much would depend on how exactly we faltered though...

Trust me. I get the importance of the QB position. For me, I just think it will (at least to some degree) depend on who gets him and for what. If Minny were to get him, then I just do not think it would matter what was given up. The double wammy of losing out on Cutler and his going to a division rival would throw out all logic for fans. On the other hand, there are a couple teams who simply have bigger guns that we. If Det uses their 1st pick in the draft (assuming Denver even wants it) that pick alone is worth more than both our 2009 and 2010 1st rounders.

Point of the Haynesworth mention was, I think it is possible Cutler gets traded for a package as ridiculous as Fat Albert got in his contract, and at that point, I think fewer fans than you expect go balistic. If however the package is not as great as I expect, then all bets are off.

Um, I would say this would be true regardless of Cutler. Way too many failed 1st round picks and overall weak talent assembled over the years. I think many are calling for his head today, and if the team fails again, Angelo, Lovie and everyone else will feel an all time high in hate.

Smith & Turner....

I think JA will get a free pass for one season for just brining Cutler in. In theory, he brought in the players needed, the idea that they didn't get the job done would rest on the coaching staff...

Here is something else to ponder...

what happens if we get Cutler and we dont make the playoffs or get worse on offense?

Who gets blame there?

It all depends why...

If he played like garbage, he would get flak. But given it's his first year, there are some learning curves to be expected and I think overall, fans and media would be moderately forgiving. If the same in year 2, his head would be called for.

Now why wouldn't Cutler get the blame?