The Crowd Noise thread

balta1701-A

Sanchez at #1? Over Stafford? Nearly every mock, and every expert that has put out there opinion has placed Stafford as the clear cut, top QB...not to mention a guaranteed top five pick. Sanchez? Not so much.

I went with Crabtree because the Rams need a WR just as desperately as a potential franchise OT. Crabtree immediately comes in there and sells jerseys and gets that city an exciting player. If Bulger and/or Jackson can stay healthy, Bulger-Jackson-Crabtree-Avery isn't a bad starting spot for a rebuilding of an offseason.

I went with Crabtree because the Rams need a WR just as desperately as a potential franchise OT. Crabtree immediately comes in there and sells jerseys and gets that city an exciting player. If Bulger and/or Jackson can stay healthy, Bulger-Jackson-Crabtree-Avery isn't a bad starting spot for a rebuilding of an offseason.

i will say that im am very surprised how this draft is going right now.....but hey that's why it's fun

I'm just saying who the better pro will be. I also think I mentioned that I would have traded down to take Sanchez but I have Detroit needing a QB and I took the QB that I feel will be best in the NFL.

It's a reasonable move for Detroit if they aren't 105% sure on Stafford. What they ought to do in that case though would be to approach Sanchez before the draft and try to sign him to a money-saving contract. Sanchez would probably make a lot more than if he went around #10 if the Lions took him, but the Lions could find significant savings in that case.

It's a reasonable move for Detroit if they aren't 105% sure on Stafford. What they ought to do in that case though would be to approach Sanchez before the draft and try to sign him to a money-saving contract. Sanchez would probably make a lot more than if he went around #10 if the Lions took him, but the Lions could find significant savings in that case.

That is exactly what I would do if I couldn't trade down. I hate the #1 pick because so much guaranteed money is handed out with so many unknowns out there (especially when your talking about 1st round QB's, since they have a high fail rate).

I'm just saying who the better pro will be. I also think I mentioned that I would have traded down to take Sanchez but I have Detroit needing a QB and I took the QB that I feel will be best in the NFL.

But by interjecting your own opinion, which doesn't seem to match with nearly any of the experts (whose consensus is typically a pretty good indication of how it will break down), you've thrown off the entire draft somewhat. Now teams that have QB as a 2nd or 3rd concern have to consider a QB much more than they would have before because the #1 overall prospect is still on the board.

You may believe that it's a better pick, but that would be like a GM in the league doing the opposite of what everyone else thinks. Very rarely does that pay off.

That logic is faulty. The contracts pretty much have a value that is set in place based upon previous years' picks, and other picks adjecent in the current year. So, unless the #1 pick signs before anyone else, it's no savings really. Either way it's a QB at #1, which means HUGE money.

I don't really see it as a reasonable move (unless absolutely everyone is lying about which QB they rate higher). If the Lions aren't 105% on Stafford, and they were not able to trade, the choice is not to reach on the next best QB.

The choice is not to reach on the next best QB.

Unless they could sign him to a contract before the draft.

Side note: If we hadn't banned trades, and I was holding the Bills, and either Sanchez or Stafford was remaining at 11, I'd be calling up the Jets and maybe a couple other teams and saying "He's going #12 unless you pass along a pick to me, and I'd be happy to stockpile some extra picks."

Unless they could sign him to a contract before the draft.

Side note: If we hadn't banned trades, and I was holding the Bills, and either Sanchez or Stafford was remaining at 11, I'd be calling up the Jets and maybe a couple other teams and saying "He's going #12 unless you pass along a pick to me, and I'd be happy to stockpile some extra picks."

this may not be all that realistic on the real draft, but we just inject our opinions that allows it to take on its own personality which makes it fun.

this may not be all that realistic on the real draft, but we just inject our opinions that allows it to take on its own personality which makes it fun.

The next guy picking has been in the blog since I picked, and hasnt been paying attention, so just pick for him, thats why the mock has slowed down, some aint paying attention.