Ed Hochuli 3:16

2. Juaquin Iglesias, WR, Oklahoma

Still on the board: Chung, Delmas, Duke Robinson, Derrick Williams

3. Brandon Williams, DE, Texas Tech

Still on the board: Nobody worth mentioning

4. Derek Pegues, FS, Mississippi State

Still on the board: Gibson, Jason Williams, Mickens

5. James Davis, RB, Clemson

Still on the board: Vazquez, Francies, Casillas, Henry Melton, Orion Martin, Bruton

5. Mark Parson, CB, Ohio

Still on the board: Collie, Morgan Trent, Maiava, Veikune, Ogletree

That wouldn't be so bad. Parson was a 2nd or 3rd a month back so he's of good value there. I'd rather have Melton, Martin, or Vazquez then Davis. We already have Forte, Jones, Wolfe, and AP at RB.

Still on the board: Vazquez, Francies, Casillas, Henry Melton, Orion Martin, Bruton

5. Mark Parson, CB, Ohio

That wouldn't be so bad. Parson was a 2nd or 3rd a month back so he's of good value there. I'd rather have Melton, Martin, or Vazquez then Davis. We already have Forte, Jones, Wolfe, and AP at RB.

By the players available , I would take 2nd-Delmars/FS

3rd-Follett/OLB-Cal

4th-Lewis/OT-TS

5th/a-Melton/DE-Texas

5th/b-Collie/WR-BYU

Actually Massaqoui is still there at 3 and draft Williams/OLB at 4 as another option with grabbing Parrish/OT in the 5th.

5. Mark Parson, CB, Ohio

By the players available , I would take 2nd-Delmars/FS

3rd-Follett/OLB-Cal

4th-Lewis/OT-TS

5th/a-Melton/DE-Texas

5th/b-Collie/WR-BYU

Actually Massaqoui is still there at 3 and draft Williams/OLB at 4 as another option with grabbing Parrish/OT in the 5th.

Same argument I've made elsewhere...

That's taking the #7 or #8 WR instead of the #1 OG, or the #2 or #3 Safety.

I will sight PFW rating of players as an example because they do it for a living instead of a hobby as most mock drafts and information sites do. They rate Delmars/FS as the 37th rated player and Duke is the 51st highest rated player. I would consider FS as more of a need right now than a OG. We have acquired Omilaye and have Buening from last year that are still young and will win the OG jobs. So taking Duke would be nice,but the Bears are not going with a guard or tackle with the 49th spot. If they were rebuilding Duke would be a good pick but after getting Cutler it is going to be about right now, not 3 years from now. By the way Inglesias is the 87th rated player and wouldnt take him at that spot anyways.

Hey, you know I agree w/ you on OL in general, but I can't go along w/ this argument.

Look at this last year in the reverse. How many OL were drafted last year before the 1st WR was taken? 7, 8, 9? Does that mean, for example, KC should not have drafted the 4th (or was it 5th) OL before the 1st of other positions was drafted? Or maybe further down. Houston should not have drafted OL?

You have to know this is a bad argument. Various positions in different years are stronger or weaker than in others.

The top rated safety this year is not overall that highly rated. Ditto the top rated OG.

I agree we need S and OL. That isn't my point. The point is simply that the argument you used is just not a very good one.

Same argument I've made elsewhere...

That's taking the #7 or #8 WR instead of the #1 OG, or the #2 or #3 Safety.

Hey, you know I agree w/ you on OL in general, but I can't go along w/ this argument.

Look at this last year in the reverse. How many OL were drafted last year before the 1st WR was taken? 7, 8, 9? Does that mean, for example, KC should not have drafted the 4th (or was it 5th) OL before the 1st of other positions was drafted? Or maybe further down. Houston should not have drafted OL?

You have to know this is a bad argument. Various positions in different years are stronger or weaker than in others.

The top rated safety this year is not overall that highly rated. Ditto the top rated OG.

I agree we need S and OL. That isn't my point. The point is simply that the argument you used is just not a very good one.

"Top rated" was not the basis for the argument, it was really just more of an adjective. I could have just as easily typed "good" instead. My argument was that we need a Guard to step in because our current guard is playing on borrowed time.

I was responding to Jason's argument.

I have been on the Duke Robinson as long as, or longer, than Jason. I have been preaching to draft OL for as long as Jason. Even w/ all the addition in FA, I still want to draft OL, and would love to add Duke. That isn't the point.

Jason questioned adding the 7th or 8th WR when the top rated OG is still on the board. My point was that the 7th or 8th best WR may still be graded higher than the #1 OG. Just as last year, 8 or however many OL were graded higher (and drafted higher) than the top WR, which was not drafted until round 2.

"Top rated" was not the basis for the argument, it was really just more of an adjective. I could have just as easily typed "good" instead. My argument was that we need a Guard to step in because our current guard is playing on borrowed time.

I was responding to Jason's argument.

I have been on the Duke Robinson as long as, or longer, than Jason. I have been preaching to draft OL for as long as Jason. Even w/ all the addition in FA, I still want to draft OL, and would love to add Duke. That isn't the point.

Jason questioned adding the 7th or 8th WR when the top rated OG is still on the board. My point was that the 7th or 8th best WR may still be graded higher than the #1 OG. Just as last year, 8 or however many OL were graded higher (and drafted higher) than the top WR, which was not drafted until round 2.

My bad.