Trent Green calls it a career

flea

One of my all time faves & at one time 1 of the NFL's top QB's.Shame his career was cut short by concussions.

Two-time Pro Bowl QB Trent Green is apparently done 16 seasons after being an eighth-round afterthought by the San Diego Chargers in the 1993 NFL draft.

"I feel this is finally the right time," Green told Foxsports on Friday of his planned retirement. "I've talked about it with (the family) for a while, especially with the concussions over the last few years. We all felt it was the time to do it."

Green was released by the St. Louis Rams in February after his second stint with the team. His best years occurred in Kansas City where he played with the Chiefs from 2001-2006. Both his Pro Bowl nods came there as Green passed for 118 of his 162 career TDs while surpassing 4,000 passing yards in three seasons.

Green also played for the Redskins and Dolphins.

During his first tour of duty with the Rams, Green was famously hurt in the 1999 preseason, suffering a season-ending knee injury on what some considered a dirty hit by then-Chargers S Rodney Harrison. That cleared the way for the ascension of the anonymous (at the time) Kurt Warner, who won the MVP award in 1999 while leading the Rams to their only Super Bowl title.

Green suffered concussions in 2006 and 2007 -- his lone season in Miami -- that curtailed his effectiveness.

http://blogs.usatoday.com/thehuddle/...-a-career.html