Retro Jersey vs Current Player Jersey

lemonej

When I go looking for a jersey for one of the sports teams I pull for I generally have one rule.If I am older than the player I will not wear his name on my back so most of my t-shirts or jerseys have been blank except for my retro ABA Julius Irving All-Star jersey and my Harlem Globe Trotters jersey with Lemon on the back(for obvious reasons). I did love the Clown Prince of basketball Meadow Lark Lemon. So do you think I'm being a bit harsh when I refuse to wear a name on my back because the guy is younger than me or do you have a similar view?

My only rule is that it has to be a player I feel will be either a hall of famer, a champion, or a noted player on the team.

The only jersey I own that doesn't fit that is A-Train. I thought he'd be around much longer...

When I go looking for a jersey for one of the sports teams I pull for I generally have one rule.If I am older than the player I will not wear his name on my back so most of my t-shirts or jerseys have been blank except for my retro ABA Julius Irving All-Star jersey and my Harlem Globe Trotters jersey with Lemon on the back(for obvious reasons). I did love the Clown Prince of basketball Meadow Lark Lemon. So do you think I'm being a bit harsh when I refuse to wear a name on my back because the guy is younger than me or do you have a similar view?

My only rule is that it has to be a player I feel will be either a hall of famer, a champion, or a noted player on the team.

The only jersey I own that doesn't fit that is A-Train. I thought he'd be around much longer...

Funny you say that because I have a friend at work who swears every jersey he buys the guy gets traded.This guy is a diehard Cub fan so I hope he is got a Kevin Gregg jersey in his closet.LOL

Another funny note is at TC Grossman jerseys were going for 5 bucks.

Rule #1, never buy a baseball jersey w/ a name unless they guy is already in the HoF! (Like Ernie Banks, or similar...)

Yeah, I never thought Grossman would be the guy. I really thought A-Train would be though!

Funny you say that because I have a friend at work who swears every jersey he buys the guy gets traded.This guy is a diehard Cub fan so I hope he is got a Kevin Gregg jersey in his closet.LOL

Another funny note is at TC Grossman jerseys were going for 5 bucks.