Shaffer

Ed Hochuli 3:16

This hasn't been talked about, but does anyone think that we've seen the end of Pace. Shaffer came in against the 49ers because Pace got the "wind knocked out of him". I'm not buying that.

There's been some speculation that he got concussed, but I think it's at least as likely that they just benched him. It's fine having Pace for depth or whatever, but the guy's clearly done: I hope they don't bring him back to the starting lineup. I think we'll probably see Williams at LT and Shaffer at RT before the end of the season.

There's been some speculation that he got concussed, but I think it's at least as likely that they just benched him. It's fine having Pace for depth or whatever, but the guy's clearly done: I hope they don't bring him back to the starting lineup. I think we'll probably see Williams at LT and Shaffer at RT before the end of the season.

Schaffer didnt look very good either, all three FA pick ups on the Oline looked like crap

Schaffer didnt look very good either, all three FA pick ups on the Oline looked like crap

Shaffer's out of position at left tackle. Cleveland had to play him there at one point, and he struggled. He should be a perfectly adequate RT, though. If they keep Shaffer in the starting lineup, I'd be surprised if they didn't switch him with Chris Williams.

Guest TerraTor
Shaffer's out of position at left tackle. Cleveland had to play him there at one point, and he struggled. He should be a perfectly adequate RT, though. If they keep Shaffer in the starting lineup, I'd be surprised if they didn't switch him with Chris Williams.

Another great 1st round pick by Angelo. Supposed to be a pure LT, he was known to be injured, and hasnt played a down at LT. You draft a LT at 14 and yet a year later you have 2009 Orlando Pace?

Your not buying that? What, you have never heard of a player whose day is over due to the wind being knocked out?

Obvious sarcasm. I mentioned this the other day two. For the record, it ticks me off Lovie even said this as it is yet another example of Lovie treating everyone like stupic and ignorant people. When you get the win knocked out, you miss a play, maybe two. You sure as hell are not done for the game. To even say that is flat out insulting.

Back to Pace/Shaffer. It should be the end of Pace, but w/ this staff, who knows. But I am not sure Shaffer is any better. What should be done is, Williams to LT and Shaffer to RT.

This hasn't been talked about, but does anyone think that we've seen the end of Pace. Shaffer came in against the 49ers because Pace got the "wind knocked out of him". I'm not buying that.

Exactly, and why I was blasting Lovie. Look, I get it. Coaches lied to the media and fans all the time, especially about injuries. But usually they do this to protect the player and injury. If you say this player has a busted rib, you can bet the next time he plays, that rib will have a bulleye on it. But that isn't the case here. Like when the staff initially led everyone to believe Harris was benched due to health, it was proven as a lie.

Look, it goes back to the whole accountability thing. If a player is not giving his all, and you decide to bench him, why try to protect him to the public? By that same right, if Pace is sucking arce, and the team finally decides to bench him, why does our coach feel the need to lie to everyone to protect him?

I'm not buying that the guy gets knocked out of the game after getting the wind knocked out him. With the way he's being paid, he should be able to get his a** out there and play a few plays after, if he really did get the wind knocked out of him.

If Pace isnt starting, Williams better be the LT for the rest of the year. period.

Yeah, we have an opportunity to get Williams some starts at LT before next season. He's had some mental mistakes so far, and we definitely don't want that again next season. Better he gets settled at his eventual position now, so he's set at the start of next year.

I was saying this during the game, althought I kinda figured that no change like that would happen during game. Williams is supposed to be the pure LT as Shaffer is supposed to be a perfect fit at RT. I believe this change could actually help us down the stretch and who knows the oline may just start playing well enough to help Cutler calm the "F" down and start playing better.

Is it not possible that Pace got the wind knocked out of him hard enough that he had to miss the rest of the game? After all, Urlacher dislocated his wrist and was gone for the year. (part joking, part serious)

Doesn't matter...this team is soft, and under Lovie Smith it's as soft as a fur coat covered in feathers and marshmallows.

Only responding to the Urlacher part because you said you were "part serious." Urlacher's injury was such that doctors said playing right now, w/ the injury, would risk permanent damage, resulting is loss of use of his hand for the rest of his life. I don't think Urlacher's not playing is an issue of not "toughing it out."

W/ that said, I otherwise agree. This team is soft.

Is it not possible that Pace got the wind knocked out of him hard enough that he had to miss the rest of the game? After all, Urlacher dislocated his wrist and was gone for the year. (part joking, part serious)

Doesn't matter...this team is soft, and under Lovie Smith it's as soft as a fur coat covered in feathers and marshmallows.

I don't know what the "part serious" part could be: the lunate bone, which Urlacher dislocated, sits right on top of the nerve that controls your entire hand. If Urlacher even moved his wrist under normal circumstances, much less tried to play in a football game, he'd risk dislodging the bone, damaging or severing the nerve, and losing some or all of the use of that hand. It might be a wrist injury, but there's a reason that he had to wear a cast up to his shoulder for it to heal right.

Maybe Ronnie Lott could play with nine-and-a-half fingers, but I can't see Urlacher playing with one functional hand, can you? There was an interview with former Giants linebacker (don't remember who,) who had the same injury: he said he couldn't believe that Urlacher was able to stay in that one game as long as he did without suffering nerve damage.

Also, Pace told reporters the other day that he got his bell rung and he was going for a concussion test...I think it's pretty clear what happened.

Also, Pace told reporters the other day that he got his bell rung and he was going for a concussion test...I think it's pretty clear what happened.

The disappointing part of this is, it took Pace getting a potential concussion to be taken off the field. Prior to hearing this, there was at least the small glimmer of hope the staff simply realized he sucked and pulled him for ineffective play.

I guess I was giving our staff too much credit.