Things that need to happen for 2012

BearsFan1974

I know I've been absent from the board for most of the season but work had called. I still have been fuming over what transpired the last 2 months or so.

Here are the Top-10 things that need to happen prior to 2012 if we have any hope:

X--COMPLETE!!! :headbang :headbang 1. Jerry Angelo needs to go before the draft. If McCaskey want's to make a name for himself on this team, this must be done. JA has pissed draft after draft away and they can't afford to let him shyt the bed again. JA has neglected to get a decent second string. He hasn't taken into account injuries occur or people won't pan out.

X--COMPLETE!!! :headbang :headbang 2. Martz and his offense need to go. For the last 2 years, they haven't clicked until 5-6 weeks into the season. I truly believe it's not all on the players. Some...yes...all...Martz. Martz' stubbornness and inability to adjust kills us.

3. COMPLETE!!! :headbang :headbang The secondary needs revamping. Tillman had a great year, but that just exposed Jennings, Bowman, and the rest of the secondary's weaknesses. When the secondary started bleeding, we threw a cheap Wal-Mart bandage on it in Meriwether. We saw how that turned out.

4. Lovie doesn't necessarily need to go, but he needs to adapt. The Cover-2, Tampa-2 or WTF he wants to call it has been figured out. When Lovie came here, his first priority was beating GB. Well, GB figured out how to beat us and our defense. The 46 was figured out, the 9-wide is getting figured out, come with something new or bring boxes with you to work to pack up your office.

5. I'm not comfortable with the O-line. Webb-Gone, Omiyale-Gone, Louis has to improve. Chris Williams' injury history worries me and already Carimi is a concern. Edwin Williams and Chris Spencer I believe the jury is still out. I say draft a center that can step in and start right away and move Garza back to guard.

6. Complete!! :headbang :headbang TE is a must in any offense. You look at NE, NO, and GB and they all have quality TEs. Kellen Davis isn't quality however I will hold back on writing him off. Maybe in a new offense he will thrive. I think we need to draft an upgrade. I'd rather have two who can play the position than one who might.

X--COMPLETE!!! :headbang :headbang 7. I have a bad feeling about Briggs and his contract situation. Trade him and get what you can before he sits out and we have nothing. Use those picks for upgrades in the secondary, o-line, and receiver.

X--COMPLETE!!! :headbang :headbang 8. WR. Once all the kings' men put Knox back together again, he'll still be a #4 or 5 WR. We need WR. We have a roster of five #4 or less receivers. Keep Bennett (mostly because of contract) but because he has that rapport with Cutler.

9. Get with the Chicago Park District, call the South Side, get the SodFather's number and have him fix the damn field. Falling receivers and slipping secondaries will not win up ball games plus stuck cleat sprain our RB's knee ligaments.

10. Marinelli needs to adjust. He sees that slants beat this offense. Yet, no adjustments are made. No different coverages, no scalding of CB who let it happen, not enough accountability. Well guess what, you're the coach and the accountability will ultimately fall on you and your head on that stick in front of Halas Hall.

No bad at all!!!

3) I wouldn't say we revamped the secondary unless you simply count all the new names. Talent-wise I was hoping for a bit more but we'll see if the two vets hold up.

7) Trade Briggs and that's complete?

Briggs situation fixed. I didn't change 3.