Jeremy Bates hired as QB Coach

Cutsizzle

Interest in Bowe brings a huge smile to me and I'm sure many others!

:drink

I heard this yesterday and couldn't find a way to make it online to break it for everyone here. Nonetheless, I've heard that this offseason will be all about Cutler, which anyone could guess. They are also very interested in Dwayne Bowe, too.

Haha I knew it! Like I said in a previous thread the Bears would stop having their temper tantrum and then hire Jeremy Bates. And it is so! I like the hire even though they look foolish again after stating they wouldn't hire him because he went to Seattle instead the first time around.

I like what I am hearing. The Bears FO needs to add some serious fire power to the O. It will make their lives easier when bridging the gap with replacing the aging D stars we have now. If the O is good the blow will not be as bad when URl, Briggs and Peppers decline past a point of no return. It should be illegal to do what JA has done with the O the past three years since acquiring Cutler. When you have a qb that can be elite if given weapons you have to do just that GIVE CUTLER WEAPONS!!!!!

As for Bowe- everyone will be interested in him. I read an article saying that KC will be franchising him if a long term deal is not signed. Here is to wishing they don’t and the bears sign him.

Haha I knew it! Like I said in a previous thread the Bears would stop having their temper tantrum and then hire Jeremy Bates. And it is so! I like the hire even though they look foolish again after stating they wouldn't hire him because he went to Seattle instead the first time around.

I don't recall the Bears stating that. I do recall a writer saying that some sources indicated that the Bears were not interested in Bates. However, everything I ever read was that the reason he didn't consider the Bears much the 1st time around was related to some sort of communication issue between Angelo and Bates.

I realize people have a fun time ripping on management but the Bears reached out to some very good candidates, who turned them down (for better offers) and ultimately they got a guy that a lot of fans seemed to like from the beginning.

Great hire for the Bears. Bates could easily be an OC somewhere else. This plus the loss of Martz is really going to improve the offense.

Now lets get Forte locked up and start zeroing in on WR and OT free agents!

I get a kick out of wikipedia, his info is already updated: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Bates_...rican_football)

I don't recall the Bears stating that. I do recall a writer saying that some sources indicated that the Bears were not interested in Bates. However, everything I ever read was that the reason he didn't consider the Bears much the 1st time around was related to some sort of communication issue between Angelo and Bates.

I realize people have a fun time ripping on management but the Bears reached out to some very good candidates, who turned them down (for better offers) and ultimately they got a guy that a lot of fans seemed to like from the beginning.

Since when do you talk to the people in the Bears FO? The only way people would hear about ANYTHING the people in the FO said would be by reading, get ready for it......something published or reported by a reporter. Oh and here is one of the many articles out there that were exactly stating he wasn't going to be considered due to the snub before.

http://www.windycitygridiron.com/2012/1/13...to-jeremy-bates

In regards to you hearing about some sort of communication issue with Angelo being the reason JUST came out after they hired him and was stated in the Tribune article about it. They tried to go different directions and noone else wanted a position where they might be replaced with the whole coaching staff next year or they were given assistant coach status as well.

One thing to point out, currently the Bears are only indicating he was hired to be the QB coach (not the passing game coordinator). Whether he is actually hired to do both has not been confirmed.

Tice will be the one calling the plays but Bates will be in charge of designing the offense around Cutler from the passing standpoint. He is essentially an offensive consultant.

Whatever he was hired to do, I think it's safe to say that Bates, Smith, Tice, Cutler, and Emery are all ok with the roles they have.

Tice will be the one calling the plays but Bates will be in charge of designing the offense around Cutler from the passing standpoint. He is essentially an offensive consultant.

From what I have read there is no passing coordinator and that Bates is just a QB coach.

Great hire for the Bears. Bates could easily be an OC somewhere else. This plus the loss of Martz is really going to improve the offense.

Now lets get Forte locked up and start zeroing in on WR and OT free agents!

I get a kick out of wikipedia, his info is already updated: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Bates_...rican_football)

Best thing i have seen on twitter is that Jay Cutler is really excited to have Bates on board. That is all I have to hear.

Me Thinks that if you are a former head coach and played TE in the league you should know a little something about passing offense,if not the he was a bad choice.

One of the threads I read before stated we have 50 mil to spend, from what I read its around 20 mi. and we have to sign Forte, so that means we will only have enough for one stud (wr or what ever we decide) and the rest will be low impact signing. So one big time FA and hopefully the first 4 draft can contribute and thats all we will have to work with.

One of the threads I read before stated we have 50 mil to spend, from what I read its around 20 mi. and we have to sign Forte, so that means we will only have enough for one stud (wr or what ever we decide) and the rest will be low impact signing. So one big time FA and hopefully the first 4 draft can contribute and thats all we will have to work with.

Does anyone know when the true number will be released??

Some may not like this idea, im not sure i do either but just putting it out there.

If the Bears dont resign Forte could they then go for Mario Williams and a stud WR and then draft a RB in the early rounds??

They say it is easier to find a good RB in the draft then a WR and DE that can produce early on.