Jay Cutler vs Paparazzi

adam

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read that he and his fiance are pissed at Earl Bennett for going on Boers and Bernstein the other day and letting it be known that the two are having a baby boy. I'm sure he's been in a bad mood. haha.

EDIT: Oops I just read the article.. Didn't know that news was already in it.

Very classy.....and really not befitting of a QB for the Bears IMO. Grow up Cutler and act like a man instead of a 10 year-old punk.

Im gonna agree with ya Daventry. Thats unneccesary. I have to assume that he is really laying it on to someone in particular there being a jerk...but it doesnt look good.

1) Who cares if he's a jerk or punk? If he plays like he did in 2010 and 2011, I couldn't care less.

2) Cutler tweeted that the guy was outside his house all day with a camera. THAT's the guy who should grow up, and don't tell me that "that's his job." It's nobody's job to sit outside someone's house with a camera and wait for him to come out. It is probably his job however to get pictures of celebrities. Stalking them doesn't fall under that. The job of guys like that is to pretty much roam cities and take pictures of people. (shortly after the tweet, he deleted his twitter.)

3) Cutler has never done anything like that despite there being pictures of him and Cavallari all over the internet. All of you have to do is google "Cutler Cavallari" and click images to see that in all of their other photos he doesn't seem to mind. This guy obviously did something wrong.

1) Who cares if he's a jerk or punk? If he plays like he did in 2010 and 2011, I couldn't care less.

True, but we're hoping he goes from being really good to elite. You dn't see Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, or Drew Brees pulling that. There has always been concerns about his maturity.

2) Cutler tweeted that the guy was outside his house all day with a camera. THAT's the guy who should grow up, and don't tell me that "that's his job." It's nobody's job to sit outside someone's house with a camera and wait for him to come out. It is probably his job however to get pictures of celebrities. Stalking them doesn't fall under that. The job of guys like that is to pretty much roam cities and take pictures of people. (shortly after the tweet, he deleted his twitter.)

That sucks, but he has to understand that's part of the lifestyle he chose when he knocked up the hills STAR.

3) Cutler has never done anything like that despite there being pictures of him and Cavallari all over the internet. All of you have to do is google "Cutler Cavallari" and click images to see that in all of their other photos he doesn't seem to mind. This guy obviously did something wrong.

Agreed . . . but it still looks bad.

If he's really good from now until 2016, I'll take it. He doesn't have to be "elite," per se.

No, part of that lifestyle isn't people standing outside your home all day and following you as you walk around. Part of the lifestyle is paparazzi, but not paparazzi standing outside your home. This doesn't happen everyday.

After his first TD, nobody will give a s*** about him giving the bird to a waste of a life in May. After his first win in week 1 by 20 points, nobody will even remember this. It's irrelevant.

I personally don't hold any professional athlete to any certain standards of how they should react to impromptu photos being taken of them when they are in thier private lives because if that were to happen to me I would react a lot more dramatically than flipping the bird to someone. Our revered head butting QB ( The league will use that against him in the lawsuit he is a part of.) of the 85 Bears pulled his shorts down during SB week for all the media to see and showed his fanny to a helicopter filming Bears practice. Why is showing your A** becoming for a Bears QB but flipping the Bird is not appropriate for a Bears QB? Those of you who feel that this is wrong look up the careers of guys like Bobby Lane and Billy Kilmer and see if what Cutler did is such a big deal.

I believe that comments about issues like these become very philosophical and somewhat "non-football." As such, I will express my views in those terms.

I do not wish to support a team which includes arguably the most important player of the team in question being photographed with his finger up to the camera. IMO this is inexcusably inappropriate for a representative of the Chicago Bears who earns millions of dollars per year.

As such, I will be much less willing to part with my cash to purchase items related to the Bears, I am getting to the point that I only buy the "throwback" lines as I am completely unimpressed with the character of many of the main "faces" of the Bears, including Cutler, Urlacher, and Briggs.

I watched Cutler closely during the Wembley game and he did not impress, he appeared arrogant and aloof, without any care for those watching.

I hope in the future that the management of the club is more careful about the type of player they bring in, and understand that to wear a Bears jersey one should not only be talented but have a certain element of character.

If players like Cutler keep appearing I will certainly disappear as a Bears fan.

You will never find a sports team, even if it is one from a religious institution such as Notre Dame, with all choir boys on the team. I believe the Bears probably has one of the most respectable bunch of guys of any NFL roster, but they certainly are not all angels. In fact many fans have complained when we did not pick up proven veterans in the past do to off the field issues, although recently some compromises have been made.

I don't think the quality of character of the players has changed over the years, but I think the level of scrutiny and amount of coverage has due to emerging technologies.

20 years ago, we got our football info from newspapers and magazines. Stuff like Cutler flipping off the paparazzi wouldn't even make the Enquirer - and even if it did, we would never know about it unless we read the Enquirer - which I'm quite certain none of us did.

Heck - go back to the days of Butkis, and he would have smashed the guy's camera, put the guy in the hospital, and the cops would have asked the guy why he's so stupid and probably charged him with something.

I believe that comments about issues like these become very philosophical and somewhat "non-football." As such, I will express my views in those terms.

I do not wish to support a team which includes arguably the most important player of the team in question being photographed with his finger up to the camera. IMO this is inexcusably inappropriate for a representative of the Chicago Bears who earns millions of dollars per year.

As such, I will be much less willing to part with my cash to purchase items related to the Bears, I am getting to the point that I only buy the "throwback" lines as I am completely unimpressed with the character of many of the main "faces" of the Bears, including Cutler, Urlacher, and Briggs.

I watched Cutler closely during the Wembley game and he did not impress, he appeared arrogant and aloof, without any care for those watching.

I hope in the future that the management of the club is more careful about the type of player they bring in, and understand that to wear a Bears jersey one should not only be talented but have a certain element of character.

If players like Cutler keep appearing I will certainly disappear as a Bears fan.

I know you're from the States and moved across the pond years back, but this is pretty ridiculous. "Cutler looked arrogant when they played in England." No offense, but he looks arrogant every game. Do you want him smiling during the game just because the game is in England and it's a once in a lifetime thing for Bears fans in London?

Manning throws his teammates under the bus. Brady gives nothing during press conferences. Brees wants more than $20 million per year. Eli makes dumb faces after INT's. Yes, all of these QB's have won championships, but what right does that give them? They now have the right to blame other players for losses, look stupid, want more money than any of this board has made combined in their lifetimes, and say jack s*** in postgame interviews?

I couldn't care less what jerseys you buy. If you have a Cutler jersey, he won't be a better player because of it. You can do as you choose, but Ray Lewis was on trial for suspected murder. I bet you'd cheer for him if he was a Bear.

If I come across as snotty and mean (like Cutler), my apologies. Plenty of current Bears and past Bears have done dumb things- Urlacher cheated on his wife, so did Payton, Briggs is a greedy Lamborghini-crasher, and so on. Nobody is an angel.

IMHO if that is what you want to do....then so long. You need to get a grip and understand that no one is perfect including you. Why I'm sure theere have been times when you did something oout of your character because we all have at one time or another in our lives. You maybe the one cusing at someone because they cut you off in traffic......some minoe detail you may have forgotten. But i'm sure your parents have given you a punishment for something you did as a kid. Its funny that you say you will only buy throwbacks........but did or do you know that those guys cused,fussed, swore,fought, had parties more than the guys on the teams do now. They really were not choir boys back then.......So you go right ahead and not be a Bears fan because to me you never were if thats what you base your leaving on.

It's slightly immature, but I'm sure he's irritated by the paparazzi. Of course, I agree with a poster above: when you are a QB for the Chicago Bears and hook up with the star of the Hills, you can expect paparazzi. You may not like they being outside your house all day, but too bad, it's part of getting paid millions and millions of dollars. Deal with it. Apparently he deals with it with a single finger.

It should come as no surprise this doesn't bother me; I'm the one who has been asking for TO and Moss for half a decade. I want players. Period.

You might want to look into some of those legendary players and their lifestyle before making a comment like that. If someone is harassing Cutler, and hanging out in front of his house all day is harassment IMO, then he is right to use his freedom of speech to tell him off....or flip him off. Urlacher had an illegitimate baby with a stripper. Do we burn our jerseys? Briggs trashed his Lamorghini on a freeway and ran off...time to sell season tickets? If you want to go back to the days of the '85 Bears the stories just get worse. Go back further the Bears storied history and you'll find guys like Ditka who was no choir boy when out on the town. Why even think about anything throwback? With that expectation for everyone I think you will find it hard to support any sports team anywhere. t succeed at these sports these are ultra competitive people and there will always be those who carry it over to their private life too.

Sometimes the trouble is that if one expresses an opinion here that some responses start to feel a bit personal. I would hope we could all stay away from comments like those.

I admit to not following other teams QB's or players as closely as ours, but I surely never had issues with recent Bears QB's like Erik Kramer, Jim Miller, or most of the myriad of alternatives that washed through the Bears teams over the years. Sometimes I did not feel they had the most talent or played the best, but I can only think of one or two of them who made a spectacle of themselves or presented as plainly unpleasant like the current guy does.

Nor have I ever noticed a QB looking as consistently unpleasant as Cutler does.....to me, guys like Manning and Brady are much more like what I would wish for, presenting as professionals as far as I have seen.

Also, I am quite aware that Cutler always appears as sour as he did here in the UK....that was my point.

Which is particularly irritating knowing that the current guy has talent that dwarfs most of the previous QB's....

Good points about the guys from previous generations, perhaps I should keep that more in mind. I guess the fact that they played for peanuts and suffered and played with injuries regularly that modern players would not dream of overshadows some of that for me, rightly or wrongly.

As far as not being perfect, I have a job working with the public which pays nowhere near Cutler money but would NEVER flip off cameras or behave in some of the ways that Cutler and Co do. It is not about being perfect, it is about being respectful, which is a choice.

My honest hope is that football teams will feel pressure to hire players who act decently as well as play well and that this pressure will force better behaviour from players who would like to play and be paid well in pro sports. That is why I won't buy jerseys of players that I feel do not meet at least a minimal standard of decency.

However, there are many players on the current Bears I am more than happy to buy jerseys of, i.e. Charles Tillman, Julius Peppers, Craig Steltz, etc...some of whom might not be all-pro caliber but whom as far as I have seen portray respectable behaviour and professionalism.

I do apologise for being a sourpuss, I tend to keep my thoughts on issues like these to myself for the most part and will endeavour to do so more often in the future. I know most here don't agree and there is no use stirring up unnecessary trouble.

Go Bears!

You will never find a sports team, even if it is one from a religious institution such as Notre Dame, with all choir boys on the team. I believe the Bears probably has one of the most respectable bunch of guys of any NFL roster, but they certainly are not all angels. In fact many fans have complained when we did not pick up proven veterans in the past do to off the field issues, although recently some compromises have been made.

Good points Pix, I just wish that so many of the big faces of the team showed a bit more class....but I agree that overall we do have a respectable team with a lot of really good guys.

I admit to not following other teams QB's or players as closely as ours, but I surely never had issues with recent Bears QB's like Erik Kramer, Jim Miller, or most of the myriad of alternatives that washed through the Bears teams over the years. Sometimes I did not feel they had the most talent or played the best, but I can only think of one or two of them who made a spectacle of themselves or presented as plainly unpleasant like the current guy does.

For someone to make a spectacle of themselves, someone has to be watching. Cutler is under more of a microscope because he's involved with an actress. Quite honestly, I'm surprised that paparazzi followed them out here to Chicago.

Nor have I ever noticed a QB looking as consistently unpleasant as Cutler does.....to me, guys like Manning and Brady are much more like what I would wish for, presenting as professionals as far as I have seen.

Also, I am quite aware that Cutler always appears as sour as he did here in the UK....that was my point.

Which is particularly irritating knowing that the current guy has talent that dwarfs most of the previous QB's....

I think you are being quite prejudiced (as in pre-judging) about this. I (unfortunately) have met people who's facial structure is such that they have a default look on their face like they smell something bad. They aren't in a bad mood necessarily, it's just that their look doesn't change unless something makes them smile. Otherwise, they quite literally, have a sourpuss.

Now in the case of Cutler, his default, serious, unsmiling look comes across as dour. I think that if you could simply realize that your perception of the look on his face probably doesn't match his actual mood or thoughts at the time, you'll feel much differently about this.

Good points about the guys from previous generations, perhaps I should keep that more in mind. I guess the fact that they played for peanuts and suffered and played with injuries regularly that modern players would not dream of overshadows some of that for me, rightly or wrongly.

It's probably also that even 15 years ago, you would only hear about player incidents long after they took place as opposed to now with our continuous 24 hour internet news cycle. I mean, without a published picture, and reading about it as a throwaway line in PFW's "Whispers" section..... "Chicago's QB Jay Cutler flipped the bird at a stalking paparazzi 3 weeks ago. Hopefully he can flip his passes to his receivers next season as easily....." Would anyone get anything more than a laugh out of that?

As far as not being perfect, I have a job working with the public which pays nowhere near Cutler money but would NEVER flip off cameras or behave in some of the ways that Cutler and Co do. It is not about being perfect, it is about being respectful, which is a choice.

Respectful? I don't think you understand the situation. Those recent pictures aren't in LA. They are in Chicago outside Cutler's home. It's not like Cutler is walking down a street in LA and someone is taking pictures of whatever celebrity happens to walk past. They are actually stalking him. I am shocked that you would call for any form of respect for an industry that was directly responsible for the death of Princess Diana. They are out of control and deserve derision - and flipping the bastard off is completely appropriate - if not called for - in my opinion. They don't deserve respect. Period.

My honest hope is that football teams will feel pressure to hire players who act decently as well as play well and that this pressure will force better behaviour from players who would like to play and be paid well in pro sports. That is why I won't buy jerseys of players that I feel do not meet at least a minimal standard of decency.

However, there are many players on the current Bears I am more than happy to buy jerseys of, i.e. Charles Tillman, Julius Peppers, Craig Steltz, etc...some of whom might not be all-pro caliber but whom as far as I have seen portray respectable behaviour and professionalism.

By all means, spend your money on the players you admire, but I personally don't want my team hamstrung by ignoring talented players that may not have had the most stable upbringing, and haven't had stable guidance as they grew up to know right from wrong as easily as those of us that grew up with those advantages. When a player screws up off the field, I try to determine whether it's an issue of youthful ignorance, or whether it's an issue of deliberate bad decision making. The issue with Cutler isn't comparable with any other team in the league except Tom Brady.

I do apologise for being a sourpuss, I tend to keep my thoughts on issues like these to myself for the most part and will endeavour to do so more often in the future. I know most here don't agree and there is no use stirring up unnecessary trouble.

Go Bears!

I think you should continue to post your opinions. Hopefully we can all learn from each other's perspectives.