College Scouts eyes to follow...my opinion

ASHKUM BEAR

As the process never ends in my world I am making a list of players I think the Bears will keep a keen eye on as they draw out there scouting schedule. Next years draft, they will need two homeruns with the the first two picks as they have no 3rd RD. If things fall right this season, this should be a deep OLT draft.

The positions as of today that they will need to add youth:

OLT

Chris Faulk LSU 6-6 325

Taylor Lewan Mich 6-8 302

Jake Matthews Tex AM 6-5 305

Oday Aboushi Virg 6-6 310

Luke Joeckel Tex AM 6-6 310

Ricky Wagner Wis 6-6 322

DJ Fluker Ala 6-6 335

DT

Johnathan Hankins Ohio St 6-3 318

Star Lotuleile Utah 6-4 325

Kawann Short Purdue 6-3 610

Jessie Williams Ala 6-4 320

Kwame Geathers Ga 6-6 328

Sharrif Floyd Fl 6-3 205

CB

Xavier Rhodes Flor St 6-2 215

Micah Hyde Iowa 6-1 185

LB

Nico Johnson Ala 6-3 245

Jelani Jenkins FL 6-1 223

Tom Wort OK 6-0 229

Kevin Reddick NC 6-3 240

C

Khaled Holmes USC 6-4 305

Dalton Freemon Clem 6-5 285

James Ferentz Ia 6-2 284

My first take (and I know its early lol)

RD1- Luke Joeckel OLT Virginia

RD2- Jessie Williams DT Alabama

RD3- (traded to Miami-Brandon Marshall)

RD4- LB

RD5- C

RD6- CB

RD7- RB

Fluker, Joeckel, Matthews, and Aboushi are all likely top 15 picks, barring injury or poor performances. On that note, they likely won't be available because the Bears will likely be picking in the 20's, barring injuries.

Hankins and Lotulelei are both top 10 picks, Jenkins is a 3-4 OLB, Wagner is a RT, and Hyde isn't that great.

Therefore, Faulk, Holmes, Short, Nico Johnson, and Rhodes are guys I'll be keeping my eyes on.

Seriously Brian. We're picking in the 20's?

Only if we make a trade. Our slot next year is 32...

Fluker, Joeckel, Matthews, and Aboushi are all likely top 15 picks, barring injury or poor performances. On that note, they likely won't be available because the Bears will likely be picking in the 20's, barring injuries.

Hankins and Lotulelei are both top 10 picks, Jenkins is a 3-4 OLB, Wagner is a RT, and Hyde isn't that great.

Therefore, Faulk, Holmes, Short, Nico Johnson, and Rhodes are guys I'll be keeping my eyes on.

Since I believe the Bears should be drafting in the mid to late part of the draft, I have compiled some prospects who I believe they may have a shot at.

QB My thinking is the other players on the roster including Jason Campbell are not the future so a mid round prospect needs to be looked at.

I like Geno Smith of W Va. and Alex Carder of W Michigan as guys who might fit that profile.

RB With the Forte contract saga probably going to drag out throughout next season a back that can compliment Bush may be in order.

Spencer Ware of LSU and Cierre Wod of Notre Dame are 2 that I will keep an eye on.

WR Now that we have some better talent at the position keeping some young depth coming in every year to be developed.

Devin Street of Pitt and Eric Highsmith of UNC are 2 who I will watch.

TE Every year this position will come under scrutiny until a play-maker emerges.

Tyler Eifer Notre Dame and Mike Williams of Ala are 2 prospects that can satisfy the down the field and blocking on the edge type at this position. Maybe the Bears are looking to replace Spaeth with a cheaper option at the position.

OT Just like the TE position until someone becomes a cornerstone at the position I will always be looking for a prospect to fill the LOT position.

My eyes will be watching the likes of DJ Fluker ALA, Chris Faulk LSU, Tanner Hawkinson Kansas, Dallas Thomas Tenn, and Justin Pugh Syracuse

OG This team keeps using patchwork pieces to put a comparable line together but it is time to spend some draft picks in this area and develop them to be the future protectors of your QB

Barrett Jones Ala, Travis Fredrick Wis,Omeregi Uzzi Ga Tech, and Brian Mulroe Northwestern are some guys I'll be watching.

C Long term Garza will not last forever and his replacement needs to be on the roster next Summer.

DT A team heavy on DT rotation always needs to look for more young talent at this position and unless Melton does some significant stepping up a havoc wrecking prospect should be on the wish list as long as the Bears play this defense.

Star Lotuleli Utah, Kwame Geather Ga,Akeem Spence Ill, and Cory Adams Az St.

DE The age of our starters is up there and with a young DE just added the need for more competition and Corey Wooten needs to crap or get off the pot.

Jackson Jeffcoat Texas,Devin Taylor So Car.,Dion Jordon Oregon and Lavar Edwards LSU are guys who will get my attention next college season

3/4 OLB Since the Bears took a "tweener" this year anything goes

Jarvis Jones Ga,Michael Buchanon Ill, Trevardo Williams U Conn, and Joseph LeBeau Jackson St are guys who might be on the radar

4-3 OLB The Bear LBs are getting on in years and youth needs to be injected into the roster

Nico Johnson Ala, Gerald Hodges Penn St., Chase Thomas Stanford, Jelani Jenkins Fla and Alonzo Highsmith Arkansas

ILB How much time does Urlacher have left?

Manti Te'O Notre Dame, Shane Skov Stanford, CJ Mosley Ala and Kevin Reddick No Carolina

CB 2 young draft picks aside The team needs to get young at this position now.

Tyrone Mathieu LSU, Xavier Rhodes Fla St, David Amerson NC St, and Terry Hawthorne Ill.

S It wouldn't be a draft if the Bears didn't look at a safety

TJ Mc Donald USC, Robert Lester Ala, Devonte Holloman So Carolina, and Javon Harris Okla

These are guys I will be watching this upcoming college seaon.