Bears Announce 2012 Training Camp Schedule

Cutsizzle

I live about 35-50 minutes from camp, so I usually go about 3-4 times per year. Say what you want about the Bears management, but they do camp better than just about any other team. They have food, the seats are good and close to the action, players sign for fans, players have some fun, and all in all, you get to see the seed planted for a potential great year.

I live about 35-50 minutes from camp, so I usually go about 3-4 times per year. Say what you want about the Bears management, but they do camp better than just about any other team. They have food, the seats are good and close to the action, players sign for fans, players have some fun, and all in all, you get to see the seed planted for a potential great year.

Have you been to other camps? I'm curious as to how they compare. I went to visit the Rams in Macomb when they practiced with the Bears. Their camp seemed comparable.

Have you been to other camps? I'm curious as to how they compare. I went to visit the Rams in Macomb when they practiced with the Bears. Their camp seemed comparable.

I've been to the Giants, Jets, Ravens, and Seahawks. None of them have an atmosphere like the Bears' camp does. It's pretty much: guys walk out, practice, and leave. Their food selection sucks as well. At Bears' camp, they have a decent variety of food, the bleachers are close, and the players occasionally interact with fans.

I've been to the Cowboys and Chargers. The Cowboys in the 70's-80's were pretty tame in Thousand Oaks, CA. Recently, they had camps in Oxnard, CA and I went to those (when Parcells was coach - it was fun to see him and A-Train at the time...). By then, they did a good job of keeping the fans happy.

The Chargers had just about nothing when I saw them in LA. However, player access was pretty good. I just have a very fond memory of Doug Flutie going and signing every single kid's autograph and talking to each one fore like 5 minutes. Flutie was super classy. His time with the Bears rubbed off... ;)

Sadly, I've never been to a Bears camp. I'd love to sometime...

I've been to the Giants, Jets, Ravens, and Seahawks. None of them have an atmosphere like the Bears' camp does. It's pretty much: guys walk out, practice, and leave. Their food selection sucks as well. At Bears' camp, they have a decent variety of food, the bleachers are close, and the players occasionally interact with fans.