Zbikowski to be a Bear

Ed Hochuli 3:16

it would be nice be to have a real Safety at some point... geez

I guess we'll always disagree on Conte and Wright. Wright was pretty damn good in 2012 when you consider how horrible he was in 2011. Conte, IIRC, has only been a safety for 4 years going back to California. This is also a time where it seems like they want to get younger as a team. With all that being considered, Conte and Wright should be given this year. If they are "just okay" again, they should upgrade next year.

As for Zbikowski, he's a ST player at this point in his career. When your twitter picture is one from you playing in college after several years in the NFL, you know your NFL career hasn't gone as planned.

I guess we'll always disagree on Conte and Wright. Wright was pretty damn good in 2012 when you consider how horrible he was in 2011. Conte, IIRC, has only been a safety for 4 years going back to California. This is also a time where it seems like they want to get younger as a team. With all that being considered, Conte and Wright should be given this year. If they are "just okay" again, they should upgrade next year.

As for Zbikowski, he's a ST player at this point in his career. When your twitter picture is one from you playing in college after several years in the NFL, you know your NFL career hasn't gone as planned.

Maybe that is just the one pic he likes the most.....lol

Don't forget we have Brandon Hardin returning. Everyone is amazed by his combination of size/speed/inability to stay healthy.

Don't forget we have Brandon Hardin returning. Everyone is amazed by his combination of size/speed/inability to stay healthy.

Throw them all out there and lets play football. Emery is reshaping the team, and it is going to be an interesting ride. Time will tell if he will be successful or not, then we can bash him.

Throw them all out there and lets play football. Emery is reshaping the team, and it is going to be an interesting ride. Time will tell if he will be successful or not, then we can bash him.

Can't go wrong with having Safeties. They seem to drop like flys in the NFL. Plus he is a Domer, which might be a sign they like Te'o haha.

Is Craig Stelz still on the roster. Would Zbikowski be an upgrade I must admit I have never been impressed with Stelz he looks nothing more than a trier and does anyone know the salary difference if Stelz is on the roster. On a different subject it seems to have gone quiet on restructuring players like Peppers and Tillman.

Is Craig Stelz still on the roster. Would Zbikowski be an upgrade I must admit I have never been impressed with Stelz he looks nothing more than a trier and does anyone know the salary difference if Stelz is on the roster. On a different subject it seems to have gone quiet on restructuring players like Peppers and Tillman.

Actually Stelz and Zbikowski are very similar players, not sure there is much difference other than salary. The money is almost identical also. They may not keep both, unless there is a injury in Training camp. They wont be redoing either Till or Pep due to it moves to much money forward with extra years and at there ages, they arent sure they want to keep them that long.

Actually Stelz and Zbikowski are very similar players, not sure there is much difference other than salary. The money is almost identical also. They may not keep both, unless there is a injury in Training camp. They wont be redoing either Till or Pep due to it moves to much money forward with extra years and at there ages, they arent sure they want to keep them that long.

Ashkum is right above, safeties drop like flies around the league, not just on the Bears. They'll hold a 6 pack or so of them out of training camp even if they all stay healthy somehow.

Ashkum is right above, safeties drop like flies around the league, not just on the Bears. They'll hold a 6 pack or so of them out of training camp even if they all stay healthy somehow.

I see the safties on our team this year as Conti, Wright, Zbikowski, Stelz, Hardin, Nelson.

I see the safties on our team this year as Conti, Wright, Zbikowski, Stelz, Hardin, Nelson.

I look for Wright to have an outstanding year. He will be in a contract year of course, so they tend to come around and stand out more. Hardin will be interesting. Hopefully the red shirt year prepared him. He's tweeted a few times that he'll be making plays.... Hope he learned how to tackle first, he has the physical aspects just wasn't ready mentally. Conte by year 3, should have his body built to hold up and I think we'll be hearing "birdman" announced a lot. Steltz/Zibikowski are just solid vets that can fill in. For once our DBs are solid with NB being the only hole we may fill either late draft or fa.

If Stelz and Zbikowski are the same quality then we should be signing neither. UNTIL HARDIN WAS INJURED I HOPED STELZ WOULD GET CUT LAST SUMMER. I would be looking at signing cheap free agents to be improvements on what we have now. For instance can we pick up guards to get rid of Spenser and Ed Williams at the same or a cheaper salary.

If Stelz and Zbikowski are the same quality then we should be signing neither. UNTIL HARDIN WAS INJURED I HOPED STELZ WOULD GET CUT LAST SUMMER. I would be looking at signing cheap free agents to be improvements on what we have now. For instance can we pick up guards to get rid of Spenser and Ed Williams at the same or a cheaper salary.

We have two starters, so both of them are looked at as depth and not a every week player. Hardin is a wild card and with our cap space we cant expect to sign great backups at this point. Spencer is not on our team, he is a UFA.