Players list

Stinger226

Robert Alford - CB - Southeastern Louisiana (PW)

Terron Armstead - OT -Arkansas Pine-Bluff (EW/PD)

Tavon Austin - WR - West Virginia (PD)

Alan Baxter - DE - Northern Illinois (PD)

Arthur Brown - LB - Kansas State (PD/PW) Both pro day and private workout ( I would say a big interest)

Terrell Brown - OT - Mississippi (PD)

Brice Butler - WR - San Diego State (PD)

Keenan Davis - WR - Iowa (PD)

Jack Doyle - TE - Western Kentucky (PD)

Zach Ertz - TE - Stanford (CO)

Josh Evans - S - Florida (EW)

Matt Evans - LB - New Hampshire (EW)

D.J. Fluker - OT - Alabama (CO)

Reid Fragel - OT - Ohio State (PD/PW) both meeting here too, a mid round pick

Johnathan Franklin - RB - UCLA (SB)

Mitchell Gale - QB - Abilene Christian (PD/PW) From what I seen of him, he will be a UDFA

Tyrone Goard - WR - Eastern Kentucky (EW)

Zaviar Gooden - LB - Missouri (PD/PW) a mid to late round pick

Cory Grissom - DT - South Florida (PD)

Jeremy Harris - CB - New Mexico State (PW)

Margus Hunt - DE - Southern Methodist (EW)

Micah Hyde - CB - Iowa (PD)

Wade Jacobson - OG - Washington State (PD)

Josh Jarboe - WR - Arkansas State (PD)

Stefphon Jefferson - RB - Nevada (COM/PD)

Lane Johnson - OT - Oklahoma (CO/PD)

Rufus Johnson - DE - Tarleton State (?)

Terren Jones - OT - Alabama State (PD)

Nick Kasa - TE - Colorado (?)

Brandon Kaufman - WR - Eastern Washington (PD)

Edmond Kugbila - OG - Valdosta State (PD/PW) both here too, a mid round pick

Robert Lester - S - Alabama (SB)

Zach Line - FB - Southern Methodist (EW)

Bradley McDougald - S - Kansas (EW)

Brandon McGee - CB - Miami (PW)

Rashaan Melvin - CB - Northern Illinois (PD)

Christine Michael - RB - Texas A&M (EW/PD/PW) seem to have quite a bit of interest

Steven Miller - RB - Appalachian State (PD)

Jordan Mills - OT - Louisiana Tech (CO)

Keavon Milton - TE - Louisiana-Monroe (PD/PW) late round pick, UDFA

Kevin Minter - LB - LSU (PD)

Alec Ogletree - LB - Georgia (PD/PW) it we stay at our pick(20) I think this is the guy

Nate Palmer - LB - Illinois State (PW)

Gilbert Pena - DT - Mississippi (PD)

Sean Porter - LB - Texas A&M (PD/PW) a mid round pick

Keith Pough - LB - Howard (CO/PW)

Jordan Poyer - CB - Oregon State (PD)

Sean Progar - DE - Northern Illinois (PD)

Kejuan Riley - S - Alabama State (PD)

Eric Rogers - WR - Cal Lutheran (PD/PW) I am going to try to find info on him

Adam Replogle - DT - Indiana (PD)

Supo Sanni - S - Illinois (PD)

Brian Schwenke - OC - California (PW)

Kawann Short - DT - Purdue (PD)

Dion Sims - TE - Michigan State (PD)

Ryan Swope - WR - Texas A&M (CO/PD/PW) I would have to say they have an interest here, 2nd to 3rd round choice

Manti Te'o - LB - Notre Dame (PD/PW) could be our pick if he makes it to the second round

Don Unamba - CB - Southern Arkansas (PW)

Markus Wheaton - WR - Oregon State (PD)

J.J. Wilcox - S - Georgia Southern (PD)

Brandon Williams - DT - Missouri Southern (SB)

Tourek Williams - DE - Florida International (PD)

Chris Wright - WR - Eastern Illinois (PD)

This the most complete list I have seen yet, and does it tell us anything?

Conclusion: We seem to have a big interest in upper draft LBers. Mid round WRs, Mid round CBers, and mid round OTs.

I think these positions will be our first 4 picks.

Only 2 OGs on that big ol list...Leads me to believe Carimi is our guy at RG.

I brought up Eric Rodgers in on of my mocks as a DIII sleeper and it was bashed by someone. The little info I got on him makes me think he can be the next DIII kid to make it in the NFL. If the Bears liked what they saw I wouldn't hate to see him picked with our 6th rounder even though he's probably a 7th round pick due to his level of competition.

I brought up Eric Rodgers in on of my mocks as a DIII sleeper and it was bashed by someone. The little info I got on him makes me think he can be the next DIII kid to make it in the NFL. If the Bears liked what they saw I wouldn't hate to see him picked with our 6th rounder even though he's probably a 7th round pick due to his level of competition.

I looked for info and couldnt find any, what are your sources. I think some of those tackle prospects come end up being guards.

I looked for info and couldnt find any, what are your sources. I think some of those tackle prospects come end up being guards.

Here's 2 posts I made last month, not a lot of info, but the article on is pretty solid. Like I mentioned if you take a look at the measureables the article presented and compare them with other prospects there's no question he's in their league physically. With so many catches, even in DIII it tells me he has suitable hands.

On another note, I have brought up Jasper Collins a few times in my mocks saying he's a potential steal....Here's another potential DIII steal the bears took a close look at that might see his way into future mocks of mine....

Eric Rogers, WR Cal Lutheran

http://www.vcstar.com/news/2013/mar/11/rog...-stuff-jumpcal/

They do happen...Theres a reason 11 teams were there scouting this guy. He may not get drafted but he could end up contributing somewhere. Could be the next Pierre Garcon or Cecil Shorts.

If you take a look at his measurables they have listed in the link I provided he's in the top 10-15 in nearly all the categories you look for out of a WR.

I wouldn't take him in the 6th but if we can pick up an extra 7 in a trade down I'd certainly think about it if they haven't already addressed the need earlier.

Here's 2 posts I made last month, not a lot of info, but the article on is pretty solid. Like I mentioned if you take a look at the measureables the article presented and compare them with other prospects there's no question he's in their league physically. With so many catches, even in DIII it tells me he has suitable hands.

At 4.5 doesnt seem to be the speed WR we are looking for.

At 4.5 doesnt seem to be the speed WR we are looking for.

You're probably right but I'm not so sure speed is an element you absolutely need in a WCO. You lull the defenders to sleep with the short passes then when you get them on their heels thats when even a guy like E. Bennett can beat the guy over the top. That's how I understood the WCO when I read about it. Speed isn't a no no or anything so don't take it as me saying that I'm just saying I don't think it's vital that the WR we draft (and we do need to draft 1) is a burner.

You're probably right but I'm not so sure speed is an element you absolutely need in a WCO. You lull the defenders to sleep with the short passes then when you get them on their heels thats when even a guy like E. Bennett can beat the guy over the top. That's how I understood the WCO when I read about it. Speed isn't a no no or anything so don't take it as me saying that I'm just saying I don't think it's vital that the WR we draft (and we do need to draft 1) is a burner.

Its just another element to add to an arsenal. You send the speed deep to open u

Its just another element to add to an arsenal. You send the speed deep to open u

I understand that. I just think they can work the deep ball with who the have already simply by setting up the defense through the run game and short to mid range passes. You force the safeties and corners to cheat up and thats when you hit them over the top. Pretty simple to understand and I believe thats the whole premise of a WCO. Thats why I'd be ok with them taking another big TE to help them work the short to mid game which I believe sets up Marshall and Jeffery to go over the top.

Once again I'm not against them adding a burner I just don't think it's an absolute must when drafting a WR. I prefer they just go with the best possible WR when they feel they should draft one, regardless of 40 time.

I understand that. I just think they can work the deep ball with who the have already simply by setting up the defense through the run game and short to mid range passes. You force the safeties and corners to cheat up and thats when you hit them over the top. Pretty simple to understand and I believe thats the whole premise of a WCO. Thats why I'd be ok with them taking another big TE to help them work the short to mid game which I believe sets up Marshall and Jeffery to go over the top.

Once again I'm not against them adding a burner I just don't think it's an absolute must when drafting a WR. I prefer they just go with the best possible WR when they feel they should draft one, regardless of 40 time.

If I'm not mistaken dont most successful WCO have at least 1 speed guy. I know NO and GB does

I get what you and stinger are both saying. I really like the idea of having that guy to put fear into the defense. We don't have a single "take it to the house" type of player on our offense. It would be a luxury to have at least one guy the defense had to account for at all times.

If I'm not mistaken dont most successful WCO have at least 1 speed guy. I know NO and GB does

The Saints 2 leading WRs (Colston and Moore) ran a 4.5+...They do have Devery Henderson who was a burner but he wasn't really that productive.

The Packs fastest WR (Cobb) only ran a 4.46, which is .02 seconds faster than Jeffery and .01 seconds slower than Joe Anderson. Jordy Nelson was their biggest deep threat (15.2 YPC, no other player above 12.5) and he ran a 4.51, .01 faster than Marshall and .03 seconds slower than Jeffery....I wouldn't discount Jeffery working out at Fit Speed either. Marshall was able to shave .3 (not sure if the website meant .03 or just straight up .3) seconds off his 40 time after working with the guys there.

I lost the link I had about the WCO but it was a pretty long and elaborate read and speed being a must was never mentioned. It's all about setting the defense up. Speed is a plus though I can't deny that.

If we take a WR, especially someone like Austin, is Bennett the odd man out? Can we afford to pay him that much to be a #4?

This year anyway they should have no problem paying Bennett, unless they plan on continuing to add players via FA. I would assume they already have draft money set aside so there's no doubt it would fit in the budget. There's no question I'd keep Bennett around for as long as possible, we need the depth. If someone gets injured who are we throwing out there? I do loves me some Joe Anderson but I believe having Bennett around is a huge plus with his rapport with Jay.

This year anyway they should have no problem paying Bennett, unless they plan on continuing to add players via FA. I would assume they already have draft money set aside so there's no doubt it would fit in the budget. There's no question I'd keep Bennett around for as long as possible, we need the depth. If someone gets injured who are we throwing out there? I do loves me some Joe Anderson but I believe having Bennett around is a huge plus with his rapport with Jay.

Bennett has guaranteed money yet this year, but if he doesnt produce better than last year, he will be asked to take a pay cut or be cut. (after this year)

Only 2 OGs on that big list...but where did the list come from? At the very least there are three great prospects in Warmack, Cooper, and Warford. If neither of the first two are there when the Bears draft in the first, I don't see any reason why they won't draft an OG in the second. Why does that list lead you to believe what you believe? The two are nearly non-connected. This may also interest you...

piratesarecool4.gif

Only 2 OGs on that big list...but where did the list come from? At the very least there are three great prospects in Warmack, Cooper, and Warford. If neither of the first two are there when the Bears draft in the first, I don't see any reason why they won't draft an OG in the second. Why does that list lead you to believe what you believe? The two are nearly non-connected. This may also interest you...

piratesarecool4.gif

Because if they wanted an OG in the draft you'd think they'd bring in more than just 2 guys who are no where near the top half of the draft....I assume this list is from walter football who is in the know with these types of things so it seems.

I don't see why you're so against Carimi at RG, he actually did a pretty good job there.

Because if they wanted an OG in the draft you'd think they'd bring in more than just 2 guys who are no where near the top half of the draft....I assume this list is from walter football who is in the know with these types of things so it seems.

I don't see why you're so against Carimi at RG, he actually did a pretty good job there.

I think I got that list off of Midway Illustrated. This is a list of players the Bears have shown varying degrees of interest in,not one person's opinion.

I'm not totally against the idea, especially if the draft Fluker. But invites don't always equate to draft picks. These GMs, for all their failures, are usually decent at misdirection. Aside from that, I'm hoping Carimi shows the potential for which he was drafted: RT. I'd rather fill an OG need than an OT need.

• 2 weeks later...

OOPS!!!!

piratesarecool4.gif

Pirates only come out in warm weather. Can't really be a pirate on ice.