Marquess Wilson, WR, Washington St, selected at #236

lemonej

This could be a great pick. In most games he was the only talent on the offensive side of the ball. I watched him in one particular game where he was doubled for most of the game. And still had some great catches and seemed to be the only one on the team that cared. He did have quite a few tantrums. His coached called him lazy bordering on cowardice. But it's Mike Leach who is a complete ass-hat.

I agree that this is a good point. Big, good hands, battles to get tough passes. I like the pick.

Kinda sounds like a WR we picked last year. He has great upside, his first two years in college was a stud, last year not so much. If we can get by his issues, could be our 3rd WR.

Kinda sounds like a WR we picked last year. He has great upside, his first two years in college was a stud, last year not so much. If we can get by his issues, could be our 3rd WR.

Also sounds like the guy opposite of Jeffery...Brandon Marshall....Who also sounds a bit like Mark Harrison.

Really high on these WRs.

While I'm weary of him based on the fact that it appears he quit on his team last year after some hard coaching, I really like what I see in the videos.

Looks like a playmaker for sure: runs good routes, nice speed, knows how to utilize blockers on screens, tracks the ball really well and always seems to catch the ball with his hands away from his body. I love that many highlights show him coming back to the ball (which is a pet peve of my that can lead to INT's), nice body controll and a clutch reciever who attacks the ball. Probably our best 7th round pick in a long time.

After watching those highlights where he's still able to beat double coverage against teams like ASU and Oregon I'm impressed for a 7th rd pick. I know those defenses aren't Alabama talent but you still had guys like Dion Jordan, Kiko Alonso, and others out there who were pretty good athletes. Same goes for ASU.

He needs to get stronger for sure but the team knows how to get that done and he has some good role models on the roster to learn from. He ran a 4.45 forty and is true "hands" catcher who can both track to the ball and go up high in traffic to make the tough catch...you typically don't find this combination late in the draft. We'll see if he can learn the offense and keep his head on straight but right now it appears Earl Bennett has one more year before we use his cap space elsewhere.

After watching those highlights where he's still able to beat double coverage against teams like ASU and Oregon I'm impressed for a 7th rd pick. I know those defenses aren't Alabama talent but you still had guys like Dion Jordan, Kiko Alonso, and others out there who were pretty good athletes. Same goes for ASU.

He needs to get stronger for sure but the team knows how to get that done and he has some good role models on the roster to learn from. He ran a 4.45 forty and is true "hands" catcher who can both track to the ball and go up high in traffic to make the tough catch...you typically don't find this combination late in the draft. We'll see if he can learn the offense and keep his head on straight but right now it appears Earl Bennett has one more year before we use his cap space elsewhere.

Agreed the Earl Bennett experience has run its course. He is all he is going to be and tends to have a lot of nagging injuries. It seems Emery likes the bigger WRs.

Agreed the Earl Bennett experience has run its course. He is all he is going to be and tends to have a lot of nagging injuries. It seems Emery likes the bigger WRs.

Just think how far we have come from the lousy WRs we had two years ago to now with Marshall being here and everybody we added since, a very good placed were going with Emery.

Think its more down to the fact he walked out on his team last year than the fact he was on a bad team

That could be part of the reason, and the whole combine thing could be why Harrison went undrafted. If both can turn it around then we could have a couple of steals IMO. If not, they're simply a 7th round pick and a UDFA, no real loss there.

While he's bigger than your standard inside receiver, he ran a lot of quick screens and inside routes in college and shows some good move and speed in the open field.

Check out the last highlight here:

Also interesting to note that he's only 20 years old, so he was putting up his most productive years when he was 18 and 19.

While he's bigger than your standard inside receiver, he ran a lot of quick screens and inside routes in college and shows some good move and speed in the open field.

Check out the last highlight here:

Also interesting to note that he's only 20 years old, so he was putting up his most productive years when he was 18 and 19.

Wow that last one was incredible use of his blockers. Seems to run very well and that 1 handed catch was great. Can't remember last time I was excited for a 7th rd pick