Bears Fantasy Football Preview: Quarterback Projections

Cutsizzle

I'm going out and saying close to 4,000 (3980-3990 range) yds and 30 TDs with about 16 TOs.

I wanna say he breaks the franchise record for yds this yr but something tells me he will need a 2nd yr in this system to do so. I admit I'm being on the safe side. I could see the 30 scores and 16 picks though easily

Every year I am wrong on this one. I always say, "This seems like the year," and then it's not. So what's different about this year?

Bennett - I'm still not completely sold on him being such a huge move. Even though it's undebatable that he's an upgrade over Davis last year.

Jeffery - Might be healthy this year?

Bushrod - We get to see how much of a difference he makes.

Long - Will the rook step up?

Coaching - This is the biggest change.

Let's hope this is the reverse jinx, but I don't see Cutler having that great of a season Right now the skill positions outside of Forte and Marshall are still relative question marks. And until we see otherwise, we should expect the OL to perform poorly. The thought of a rookie next to Webb should be plenty worrisome. I predict Cutler is slightly improved over last year.

3,500 yards, 23 touchdowns, 15 interceptions.

Ha!

Those numbers are certianly in the realm of possible. Here's hoping!

Apparently not only that but you spiked it too! Ha!

I figure with all the options; Marshall, Forte, M. Bennett and Jeffery not even Cutler could screw it up. That and he's in a contract year. He's got to prove himself.

Every year I am wrong on this one. I always say, "This seems like the year," and then it's not. So what's different about this year?

Bennett - I'm still not completely sold on him being such a huge move. Even though it's undebatable that he's an upgrade over Davis last year.

Jeffery - Might be healthy this year?

Bushrod - We get to see how much of a difference he makes.

Long - Will the rook step up?

Coaching - This is the biggest change.

Let's hope this is the reverse jinx, but I don't see Cutler having that great of a season Right now the skill positions outside of Forte and Marshall are still relative question marks. And until we see otherwise, we should expect the OL to perform poorly. The thought of a rookie next to Webb should be plenty worrisome. I predict Cutler is slightly improved over last year.

3,500 yards, 23 touchdowns, 15 interceptions.

IMHO he will be a man on fire. Remember this is his contract year so he will have a chip on his shoulder. Now with your list we both have the same issues with our new players but i think once camp gets here and they gel we will be better than last year. Now the coach T wants Cutler to throw the ball quicker..and with more targets he can trust(like a TE)it's going to make his job easier.

I think if that's his statline there's a good chance he's not in Chicago in 2014.

I think that pretty much no matter what happens, Cutler gets franchised. Even if they decide to move in a different direction with a drafted rookie, they'll still keep him around for a year because that decision happens WAY before the draft.

Cutler should be able to duplicate his best season with Denver this year with the Bears. That was 4,500 yards, 25 TD's and 18 picks. With that said, we have absolutely no idea how pass-happy Trestman is going to be as a first year coach (could mean he's more conservative, could mean he abandons the run more quickly because he hasn't developed self confidence as a HC and/or discipline yet.) We don't know what having a real threat at TE will mean. We don't know if the line is really going to improve. We're not sure how healthy Forte/Jeffrey will come into the season. We also don't know what distractions the team will face. Will Urlacher being gone cause the D to fragment if they have a bad game or two? His leadership will be missed. Does Briggs have the character to be a leader? Will Hester grumble in the press about his role? Will weather ground us late in the season?

Too many question marks having not seen even a practice yet.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the projections for Cutler sound about right. New offense, new teammates, new coach, contract year etc.. I expect more of the same from him when it comes to numbers. Surely they will be a little better than last year with Mike Tice no longer controlling the offense.

I say his ceiling is something like 32 TD's, 4,500 yards 17 INT's, and his floor is last year's numbers, which aren't very good. He'll wind up somewhere in the middle: 23 TD's, 3,800 yards 15 INT's

I think the projections for Cutler sound about right. New offense, new teammates, new coach, contract year etc.. I expect more of the same from him when it comes to numbers. Surely they will be a little better than last year with Mike Tice no longer controlling the offense.

I say his ceiling is something like 32 TD's, 4,500 yards 17 INT's, and his floor is last year's numbers, which aren't very good. He'll wind up somewhere in the middle: 23 TD's, 3,800 yards 15 INT's

Those level of numbers are sorta similar to Matt Schaub, Carson Palmer, and Joe Flacco last year.

That ought to be good enough to put the Bears in the playoffs, and his salary for the next year gets decided by what he does in said playoffs.