Huge Hit by Bostic [video]

Cutsizzle

If Bostic keeps making plays like this, it's going to be awfully difficult for DJ Williams to get his starting job back. He is still a work in progress. To me, he just looks like an athlete right now, surviving off his natural physical gifts and instincts as opposed to playing smartly and technically sound. He had his missteps in the passing game last night, as he did in Game 1. Overall though, he looks like a definite keeper.

If Bostic keeps making plays like this, it's going to be awfully difficult for DJ Williams to get his starting job back. He is still a work in progress. To me, he just looks like an athlete right now, surviving off his natural physical gifts and instincts as opposed to playing smartly and technically sound. He had his missteps in the passing game last night, as he did in Game 1. Overall though, he looks like a definite keeper.

Let's keep in mind...most teams rotate their linebackers heavily. Very few linebackers stay on the field for both passing and running situations in this league. The Bears have been kind of spoiled by having one of those guys on their roster for a decade. The other ones around the league who play that many snaps often are all pros. Swapping in and out with Bostic for much of the season while the rookie learns would be a solid use for Williams.

Any concern they might fine him for the hit? I've watched it a dozen times and can't tell if there's helmet to helmet contact. It looks like he leads with the shoulder pads.

As far as I'm concerned, I love it, regardless. Just that when a guy gets fined it tends to take a little out of him the next time he's in that position. I hope, if there is a fine, he pays the fine and keeps playing the same way!

Any concern they might fine him for the hit? I've watched it a dozen times and can't tell if there's helmet to helmet contact. It looks like he leads with the shoulder pads.

As far as I'm concerned, I love it, regardless. Just that when a guy gets fined it tends to take a little out of him the next time he's in that position. I hope, if there is a fine, he pays the fine and keeps playing the same way!

Bostic fined $21k for hit.