Bears on Hard Knocks???

bradjock

The Bears are one of eight teams eligible to be forced to be on Hard Knocks. So if no team wants it, HBO/NFL gets to choose one of those eight teams. That would easily be the Bears. Aside from the fact we are the biggest single team market. Angles include Jared Allen, The Black Unicorn, Cutler/Kirsten Cavalleri, Peanut . . . that would be huge.

I know the Bears would hate it and management would so no. But I'd love it. I'm currently not an HBO subscriber but I'd sign up to see that.

Honestly, until this Jared Allen signing I've been noticing my Bears interest waning a little more than just the average offseason lull. The bloom is off the rose a bit with Emery, I wasn't seeing much good in our D's future, and I was starting to feel the old 'been-there-before' with respect to exciting new opportunities mixed with head scratcher decisions that ultimately just result in...average. Hard Knocks would guarantee my fandom back in top gear.

Honestly, until this Jared Allen signing I've been noticing my Bears interest waning a little more than just the average offseason lull. The bloom is off the rose a bit with Emery, I wasn't seeing much good in our D's future, and I was starting to feel the old 'been-there-before' with respect to exciting new opportunities mixed with head scratcher decisions that ultimately just result in...average. Hard Knocks would guarantee my fandom back in top gear.

Hard knocks is to much of a distraction, Im hoping we dont get to the show. We have work to do and that show will derail our work.

I tend to disagree, maybe not the fans, but I haven't found a single expert not like what Phil had done even before the Allen signing.I think Allen is just the cherry on top (assuming they draft well).

As I stated in another thread I'd love to see the bears do hard knocks, and I wish it already started with footage of what all these guys have been doing already down in Florida.

Hard knocks is to much of a distraction, Im hoping we dont get to the show. We have work to do and that show will derail our work.

Teams always say that, but is there any correlation between Hard Knocks and team success? I know plenty of teams on it have made the playoffs and vice-versa.

Look, I've always been glad the Bears wanted nothing to do with it. The great franchises like Pittsburgh, New England, and Jacksonville (kidding) want nothing to do with it.

That being said, if we are forced into it . . . wouldn't that be awesome? I know it's a weird conundrum.

I agree with the Bears interest. Although for me personally, Hard Knocks has nothing to do with. I've just been thinking that no matter how damn good our offense is, our defensive play will be too bad to over-come. I don't feel that way after signing Jared Allen.

I agree with the Bears interest. Although for me personally, Hard Knocks has nothing to do with. I've just been thinking that no matter how damn good our offense is, our defensive play will be too bad to over-come. I don't feel that way after signing Jared Allen.

Hell, I didn't feel that way after signing Young and Houston. But now with Allen as well? No way. If the Bears are only 20th in rush defense next year, which is not good but is an improvement, they probably win 5 of the 8 games they lost last year (excluding the NO, STL, and PHI games).