Allen presser

madlithuanian

http://www.chicagobears.com/multimedia/vid...74-856af82b6315

I like that part of the interview even better. He's blowing smoke up everyone's hind end, but it's good to hear.

http://www.csnchicago.com/bears/how-bears-...n-away-rest-nfl

Literally glowing about how professional and trustworthy the Bears organization is. That's going to make Urlacher mad and cause Jason to have a sad little pout.

More than anything his presence replaces the leadership gap we had on defense last year. Add in Ratliff as well and you have two veterans who know how to work and are willing to speak up and help the younger guys. From a talent standpoint he is the speed rusher we haven't had for years even if he's lost a little bit of the burst. I would love to add Aaron Donald to the inside pass rush with these guys.

http://www.csnchicago.com/bears/how-bears-...n-away-rest-nfl

Literally glowing about how professional and trustworthy the Bears organization is. That's going to make Urlacher mad and cause Jason to have a sad little pout.

You are such a dumbass. It doesn't cause me to pout. I'm completely over the fact Urlacher is not on the team. What I don't like, however, is the current management's seeming indifference towards negotiating with players who not only could help the team, but also hold historical significance. As TD said, Allen is just blowing smoke. He went to the team where he got a good offer (not the best offer) and his wife grew up.

You are such a dumbass. It doesn't cause me to pout. I'm completely over the fact Urlacher is not on the team. What I don't like, however, is the current management's seeming indifference towards negotiating with players who not only could help the team, but also hold historical significance. As TD said, Allen is just blowing smoke. He went to the team where he got a good offer (not the best offer) and his wife grew up.

I wish Url got one more year. I thought the offer was bullshit. I think they could have offered the same they offer Tillman. Either way the current management is faced with the task of deciding when to move on from these great players we have loved for many years. This is not an easy task, it wouldn't have been easy for any management team. The Bears are doing what they feel is right to make this team better. Everything Emery has done has been to get this team better. JA really but this franchise behind, he set the D up but nothing for Depth or on the O.

So far Emery has hit a homerun on offense, in two years mind you. I trust Emery and think he is on the right path. Until Emery screws up over and over (IE JA) I am on Team Emery.

No GM will be perfect but if Emery continues to make moves Like he has Im a believer.

No GM will be perfect but if Emery continues to make moves Like he has Im a believer.

The jury is still out as far as I'm concerned. But you're right that no GM is going to be perfect and dealing with aging stars is incredibly difficult. Just think back a few years ago and how the Packers handled Favre. It's tough.

The jury is still out as far as I'm concerned. But you're right that no GM is going to be perfect and dealing with aging stars is incredibly difficult. Just think back a few years ago and how the Packers handled Favre. It's tough.

Great example with Farve... I believe they were wrong with what they did even tho he retired 14 times. That guy was responsible for GB's success for way 16 or 17 years. He had a greater impact than Url did for the Bears just because how important the QB position is.

If JA had left the Bears with better depth Emery's job would be a whole lot easier when it comes to dealing with the again stars.

I do believe they should have offered a better deal to Url.... I wondering if they viewed Url as a possible locker room cancer with Lovie being fired.

I do believe they should have offered a better deal to Url.... I wondering if they viewed Url as a possible locker room cancer with Lovie being fired.

The more he whines the happier I am they didn't.

Frankly nobody really knows. I'm certain it wasn't any one thing. I recall hearing from some source he wanted a two year deal. I know they were pretty far apart on money. He had a history of holding the Bears feet to the fire. He was the centerpiece of Lovie's D. He wasn't "fan friendly" and didn't represent the team well off the field. We was getting old in NFL terms and he'd been injured a few times in recent years. Maybe losing a step.

So, I think they made a determination that they had a number in mind and if that offer was rejected they were going to move on. They definitely didn't want to get into a press war with one of their "stars" like the whole Favre fiasco. But no matter what, after it all went down, the Bears have been the ones with class. They may have driven him into retirement (although he was free to sign elsewhere and nobody wanted him) but when asked repeatedly about the reasons for it happening, Emery has been very diplomatic. Urlacher hasn't. And Urlacher has to most to lose from his scorched earth approach. He better wise up fast.

The more he whines the happier I am they didn't.

Frankly nobody really knows. I'm certain it wasn't any one thing. I recall hearing from some source he wanted a two year deal. I know they were pretty far apart on money. He had a history of holding the Bears feet to the fire. He was the centerpiece of Lovie's D. He wasn't "fan friendly" and didn't represent the team well off the field. We was getting old in NFL terms and he'd been injured a few times in recent years. Maybe losing a step.

So, I think they made a determination that they had a number in mind and if that offer was rejected they were going to move on. They definitely didn't want to get into a press war with one of their "stars" like the whole Favre fiasco. But no matter what, after it all went down, the Bears have been the ones with class. They may have driven him into retirement (although he was free to sign elsewhere and nobody wanted him) but when asked repeatedly about the reasons for it happening, Emery has been very diplomatic. Urlacher hasn't. And Urlacher has to most to lose from his scorched earth approach. He better wise up fast.

Another thing to note, im sure the Bears knew how bad the Knee really was. I know Url posted that he was training again and the knee was fine but that is a whole different story when it comes to practicing and playing a NFL season.

I still hate Lovie for playing Url in that pointless game against Minny

Another thing to note, im sure the Bears knew how bad the Knee really was.

That's why I always try to say things like "Based on what we've observed" or something similar to that. I think you're right. They SHOULD know a lot about the knee, right? But I'm not all-knowing like Jason so I don't want to say for sure. I do know that Trestman had a year to work with Hester and he apparently learned quickly that the dude is too stupid to play WR. Not sure what the deal was with Melton but he didn't live up to his end of the bargain by giving the Bears a chance to match. End of story.

That's why I always try to say things like "Based on what we've observed" or something similar to that. I think you're right. They SHOULD know a lot about the knee, right? But I'm not all-knowing like Jason so I don't want to say for sure. I do know that Trestman had a year to work with Hester and he apparently learned quickly that the dude is too stupid to play WR. Not sure what the deal was with Melton but he didn't live up to his end of the bargain by giving the Bears a chance to match. End of story.

Hester I would have liked to see back to break the record. I would have liked to see the Bears at least see if they could match whatever offer he got. What he got from the Falcons I don't see them matching anyways so its a mute point.

Melton from an article I read the Bears told him to go shop around and then come back to them and the Bears would talk. Melton stated that he didn't do business that way so he went out to the market and never talked with the Bears again. I do not blame the Bears for taking this approach. I think its a good approach, the guy blew his knee out while making 8 million last year. If he wanted to be a Bear he could have found out where his market was and went to the Bears to see if they could work a deal out. He chose to take the Bears out of the mix. Its a smart play on the Bears part, see what the market bears and then start negotiating.

I think Melton was trying to get a 6 to 8 mil a year deal and the Bears had him go hunting with the offer to match his deal, but Melton has a big ego so what transpired is what happened. I think Urlacher would not have been that good if he played, and it seems that no one in the NFL was interested so the Bears did the right thing and let him walk.

That's why I always try to say things like "Based on what we've observed" or something similar to that. I think you're right. They SHOULD know a lot about the knee, right? ...

Urlacher actually said, after the dust was settled and he no longer had an investment in the situation, that he was just starting to feel really good that spring, with respect to his injury...for the first time in more than a year. Of course, some of you will probably just assume he was lying. Nevertheless, I dont' think his knee's progress directly had much to do with it.

I suppose it's actually good for him in the end. He's rich enough and his body didn't need the extra wear playing on a team that didn't even make the playoffs without him.