Friend Visiting Chicago

Daventry

I'm a huge Connie's Pizza guy. IMO, it's the best in the city. I love the atmosphere of being downtown, so for a day, just walk around the city. The Magnificent Mile, or Michigan Avenue, is your best bet for shopping. By next month, I don't know if you literally mean next month (April) or if you mean 30 days (end of April, beginning of May), but I know the Sox are at home at the very end of April and the beginning of May. The Cubs are at home near the end of April as well. Check out Navy Pier- that's always a good time. For some reason, THE BEAN thing is popular also. Try to go to the top of the Sears Tower or Hancock Building.

Are you looking to spend a lot or a little?

Aslo, what kind of food is she into? Vegetarian? Steak eater? Food is a big part of what to do...at least for me!

Hi All,

I know a young woman from the UK who is going to be visiting Chicago next month, any suggestions?

Thanks!

I think Brian's suggestions are great. Especially checking out the Hancock/Sears towers.

Buckingham Fountain and the park are cool to check out.

For food, you can't go wrong with a Geno's where you can get both a thin and thick crust. Also, maybe Portillo's for hot dogs or Itialian beef. Kind fo tourist-y, but, first timers tend to like that. If she's a sports person, Ditka's or Harray Carray's are great stops. For a good burger outside the city a tad is Kuma's corner.

http://www.kumascorner.com/

Just some thoughts...

Sorry to say that I don't know her that well, so not sure on either count. I would guess she is ready to spend some money, she is going to follow Route 66 apparently.

Thanks for the suggestions Brian, I will pass them on.

• 4 months later...

It's funny how popular the Bean is in Millenium Park. I guess it's kind of cool but nothing I would go out of my way to see. As far as the Hancock, you can save some money and go to the bar at the top rather than the observation deck. I think it's called the Signature Lounge and it's on the 95th floor.