PPR Leaugue first overall pick

BearFan2000

Well we decided our draft order today by drawing names from a hat. I wound up with the 1st overall pick in a 15 round 10 team PPR league.

While I like the idea of having the #1 overall, the drawback is that it's an eternity till my next pick since the draft order will snake. But it also means when I do pick I get to pick twice on all my next remaining picks. My first thought is AP #1 but I have looked at various different ppr rankings for RB and I see AP anywhere from 1st to 3rd often behind Foster and Ray Rice. I can kind of see the arguments for Rice and Foster.

Foster worries me because of the hamstring which does seem minor and he's making good progress I know that a hammy can be a nagging injury that can negate a RB's speed by not being able to fully open up in the open field to out run defenders. He has also lost his full back who was one of the best in the league and was a factor in his running. The do employ the zone blocking scheme that has been known to aid RBs ala Denver in the Shanny days.

Ray Rice is a decent option as he should get the bulk of the load and the ravens do throw to the back. But while I think he's a very solid Fantasy RB I just don't see taking him #1 overall maybe I'm wrong. However he does now have the same fullback blocking for him that helped Foster last season. And word is he will get the 3rd down and goal line carries this year as he no longer has McGahee to vulture those carries. Where as AP may not always get those.

Can you trade the pick?

Well we decided our draft order today by drawing names from a hat. I wound up with the 1st overall pick in a 15 round 10 team PPR league.

While I like the idea of having the #1 overall, the drawback is that it's an eternity till my next pick since the draft order will snake. But it also means when I do pick I get to pick twice on all my next remaining picks. My first thought is AP #1 but I have looked at various different ppr rankings for RB and I see AP anywhere from 1st to 3rd often behind Foster and Ray Rice. I can kind of see the arguments for Rice and Foster.

Foster worries me because of the hamstring which does seem minor and he's making good progress I know that a hammy can be a nagging injury that can negate a RB's speed by not being able to fully open up in the open field to out run defenders. He has also lost his full back who was one of the best in the league and was a factor in his running. The do employ the zone blocking scheme that has been known to aid RBs ala Denver in the Shanny days.

Ray Rice is a decent option as he should get the bulk of the load and the ravens do throw to the back. But while I think he's a very solid Fantasy RB I just don't see taking him #1 overall maybe I'm wrong. However he does now have the same fullback blocking for him that helped Foster last season. And word is he will get the 3rd down and goal line carries this year as he no longer has McGahee to vulture those carries. Where as AP may not always get those.

nope there was no draft pic trading would have rather picked somewhere closer to the middle of the round.

I the common and easy pick at #1 would be AP but after doing research I went with the following draft, I don't mind what I ended up with but I think I'm weak at RB.

1 Ray Rice RB

2 Philip Rivers QB

3 Calvin Johnson WR

4 Tim Hightower RB

5 Santonio Holmes WR

6 Joseph Addai RB

7 Jimmy Graham TE

8 Saints Def D

9 Pierre Thomas RB

10 Steve Johnson WR

11 Pierre Thomas RB

12 Willis McGahee RB

13 Visanthe Shiancoe TE

14 Jay Cutler QB

15 Josh Brown K

QB - 2

RB - 6

WR - 3

TE - 2

K - 1

Def - 1

Rice should do OK, he just has a hard time finding the end zone.

I love your 2 & 3 picks... Pierre Thomas could also surprise. Is everyone so sure of the rook?

nope there was no draft pic trading would have rather picked somewhere closer to the middle of the round.

I the common and easy pick at #1 would be AP but after doing research I went with the following draft, I don't mind what I ended up with but I think I'm weak at RB.

1 Ray Rice RB

2 Philip Rivers QB

3 Calvin Johnson WR

4 Tim Hightower RB

5 Santonio Holmes WR

6 Joseph Addai RB

7 Jimmy Graham TE

8 Saints Def D

9 Pierre Thomas RB

10 Steve Johnson WR

11 Pierre Thomas RB

12 Willis McGahee RB

13 Visanthe Shiancoe TE

14 Jay Cutler QB

15 Josh Brown K

QB - 2

RB - 6

WR - 3

TE - 2

K - 1

Def - 1

just traded Piere Thomas and McGahee for Forte

That'll give me a backfield of Ray Rice, Matt Forte, Tim Hightower, and Joseph Addai That will give me 4 backs on my roster

Calvin Johnson I think will be a beast this year, Holmes should be good as well. Also have Steve Johnson who should be the primary target now that Evens is gone and Johnny Knox who I think will still have a shot at having a solid year he could

Between the backs and WRs I Think I'll have some good options at the flex spot. I may try to trade NO defense for the Bears D and pick up Hester from as a FA to fill my roster spot from or pick up another RB who may vulture some TD's.

I start

1 QB

2 RB

2 WR

1 TE

1 WR/RB flex

1 Def

1 Kicker

6 bench.

just traded Piere Thomas and McGahee for Forte

That'll give me a backfield of Ray Rice, Matt Forte, Tim Hightower, and Joseph Addai That will give me 4 backs on my roster

Calvin Johnson I think will be a beast this year, Holmes should be good as well. Also have Steve Johnson who should be the primary target now that Evens is gone and Johnny Knox who I think will still have a shot at having a solid year he could

Between the backs and WRs I Think I'll have some good options at the flex spot. I may try to trade NO defense for the Bears D and pick up Hester from as a FA to fill my roster spot from or pick up another RB who may vulture some TD's.

I start

1 QB

2 RB

2 WR

1 TE

1 WR/RB flex

1 Def

1 Kicker

6 bench.

You might not want 2 WRs from 1 team especially with the RB too. If by chance we run into a buzz saw, you're screwed. It's hard building a fantay team when your heart tells you to pick up all your teams players.

You might not want 2 WRs from 1 team especially with the RB too. If by chance we run into a buzz saw, you're screwed. It's hard building a fantay team when your heart tells you to pick up all your teams players.

I've only got one Bears WR at the moment, I'm not 100% sure on Hester I'm looking at the list of WR's available. FA WR's are:

Dany Amendola STL

Terrell Owens CIN

Davone Bess MIA

Lance Moore NO

Derrick Mason NO

Jacoby Ford OAK

Devin Hester CHI

Jabar Gaffney WAS

Nate Burleson Det

Jacoby Jones HOU

Mike Williams SEA

Anthony Armstrong WAS

James Jones GB

Nate washington TEN

Malcom Floyd SD

Kevin Walter HOU

Brndon Tate NE

Steve Breaston KC

Robert Meachem NO

Jordan Shiplay CIN

Brandon Gibson STL

Donald Driver GB

Jordy Nelson GB

Josh Morgan SF

Some RBs of interest, LaDaimian Tomilnson, Darren Sproles, Ronnie Brown, Cadillac Williams, the backs that are left are mostly backups or guys who will receive limited work.

both of those are good options.

I need to get a hold of our league manager he was going to change the trade wait settings. Currently the trade is offered, once accepted it has to wait two days for leauge review and vote if enough people say no to it the trade is declined. Which is dumb since really it's no other teams business when we trade players if the two teams in question agree it should be final. The wait puts me in a limbo spot since the trade involves me sending two players his way for one my way creating a virtual open roster spot which I want to fill, but cant till monday. If a player I want for that spot get snatched before my trade becomes "official" then I get screwed out of a player. Plus it's a bad rule since lets say one or more other teams wanted that guy and decide to decline the trade simply because they want a crack at that guy. The league manager needs to change that setting or this is going to create a lot of chaos in our league. In Fantasy football being hamstrung for 2 days is an eternity.