What are your thoughts on yesterdays win

Chitownhustla

So we beat the Vikings.... Cutler put up 300+ and 3 TD's. That's all fine and dandy but we all know that he is a GOOD QB(being paid like a GREAT qb). The 2 INT's, totally ruin the victory. Trestmans coaching again left me shaking my head. I thought they should have run more in the first half and the last drive of the 1st half was a horrible display of time management.

The Vikings are not a good team, even tho any win in the NFL is earned each sunday. I think the Bears should have Dominated the Vikings, which did not happen.

As of now I think the only way I will change my view of Trestman is if the Offense starts putting up 30 every game.

I think after the season

Tucker has to go no matter what

SP Teams coach has to go no matter what

Trestman Im still holding out hope that he gets the O right, but each game my view of him gets less and less positive.

So we beat the Vikings.... Cutler put up 300+ and 3 TD's. That's all fine and dandy but we all know that he is a GOOD QB(being paid like a GREAT qb). The 2 INT's, totally ruin the victory. Trestmans coaching again left me shaking my head. I thought they should have run more in the first half and the last drive of the 1st half was a horrible display of time management.

The Vikings are not a good team, even tho any win in the NFL is earned each sunday. I think the Bears should have Dominated the Vikings, which did not happen.

As of now I think the only way I will change my view of Trestman is if the Offense starts putting up 30 every game.

I think after the season

Trestman Im still holding out hope that he gets the O right, but each game my view of him gets less and less positive.

About "any given Sunday"; couldn't agree more. The Rams proved that yesterday. The Bears even did that early on against a heavily favored 49er team at their new stadium. Yesterday was not one of those days for the Bears.

The Bears were at home. Bridgewater is a rookie. AP was nowhere to be found. And although the Vikings D is allegedly rated high in many stats, Cutler did just enough not to lose. Robinson was picked on time and again and despite his throwing for a few TDs Cutler still managed to throw some sloppy INTs. A better team would've won this game.

The fact that Minnesota was in it until the end should tell you something.

When is a win a loss?

It is still a win...

But, we should have destroyed Minny as bad as they were playing. Had the play clock at Soldier been correct and Teddy would have bene a bit more relaxed, maybe Minny could have tied it up with one long pass.

I didn't see anything yesterday that changes my mind drastically.

I still was all the coaches gone. I still would try to move Cutler. Etc.

I think the only positive takeaway is that Allen might be a healthy contributor now. It won't help much this year, but he might be worth holding onto for one more year.

I felt most good about Forte (as usual). I felt good about Marshall. He still can be an idiot off the field, but on, he has shown up.

That I think will happen is we simply get a new DC and ST coach. The rest stays the course one more year.

I think after the season

Exactly.

About "any given Sunday"; couldn't agree more. The Rams proved that yesterday. The Bears even did that early on against a heavily favored 49er team at their new stadium. Yesterday was not one of those days for the Bears.

The Bears were at home. Bridgewater is a rookie. AP was nowhere to be found. And although the Vikings D is allegedly rated high in many stats, Cutler did just enough not to lose. Robinson was picked on time and again and despite his throwing for a few TDs Cutler still managed to throw some sloppy INTs. A better team would've won this game.

The fact that Minnesota was in it until the end should tell you something.

I was very surprised by the run defense. We had one. Pass coverage was ok and a better QB would have done more damage but on the other hand they were where they needed to be. The biggest take away on the defense was that guys came to play and I liked the energy I saw, even after Cutler's 2nd INT.

Offense: Oline did well and considering this is our 14th, 15th, or 16th combination on the front line they held their own. Forte was his usual steady good but that run late in the game was beautiful to watch. Loved the effort. Cutler was good except for the obvious INTs. Before halftime I have no idea why or what he was doing under-throwing the ball that much. I blame Coach T for that because he seemed to accept we'd go into halftime without trying to score then after two time-killing runs decides to go up top and get in FG range. I was ok if we just ran out the clock. Build on the positive first half and then come out with the ball first in the 3rd quarter. I was ok if we decided to get upfield for a FG too. Make a decision early and don't go both ways and then have Cutler in a spot where we're trying to pick up 30 yards on one play?

The 2nd INT drives me nuts. We had the exact same thing happen in one of the first few games: Defense blitzes, coverage drops back 10 yds, Bennett runs right through and past the coverage while Cutler throws what looks to be the hot read underneath the coverage. I believe it is Bennett who is blowing the hot route reads. On the pick you see Cutler starts to throw immediately to Bennett but he's not looking. Cutler pulls back and then releases the ball toward Bennett who now is further upfield but is still not looking. I suppose we can go back and forth that Cutler should not release the throw but then there are those who say he has to trust the routes and release on time instead of waiting to see guys open. I believe he should trust his WRs/TEs to do their job. Every NFL team has hot reads and both WR and QB need to know their job.

Coaching. On top of the late 2nd quarter clock mis-management I did not like Trestman going for it on 4th down at the goal line. He has to know his team psyche is fragile after the recent losses. At that point in the game we're up 14-10. Take the FG, build positive momentum and come back on the next drive and do it again. Plus our D, though playing well early, is not exactly the one to rely on a 4pt lead. I say you go up by 7 points and continue to build the positive momentum. Instead we get stopped short and give momentum back to the Vikings. That FG we gave up would have made the 4th quarter much more comfortable in protecting the win instead we allowed them the to stay within striking distance of putting the game into overtime. To his credit, he stayed with that mentality and went for it on 4th downs later in the game that were successful so the team responded and performed. I can't be the only one who was happy to see us run on 4th and 1 and make it. The Vikings do not have a bad defense, they're not great either but we did what we should be able to do. I bet coming into the game they felt they'd be the team that ran all over the field against the worst defense in the NFL. I'm not ready to give up on Tucker or Trestman. I believe in seeing the body of work. I wanted to see improvements on both sides of the ball and we saw that. Everyone is dismissing this because it was the Vikings but aside from the TD given up after the punt fake, what more should we have seen from the D?

Special teams. I don't think he'll survive after this season. I see no spark, no assignment discipline, no nothing with the players he's coaching. Our kick returns are bad in large part because nobody actually blocks. They act scared. This is one area Lovie was good. He always had 1 guy to lead his special teams: Ayanbendejo, Costanzo, etc. If we lost that guy he made it a priority to go out in FA and get the best available replacement. Who is our leader on special teams?

I was very surprised by the run defense. We had one. Pass coverage was ok and a better QB would have done more damage but on the other hand they were where they needed to be. The biggest take away on the defense was that guys came to play and I liked the energy I saw, even after Cutler's 2nd INT.

Offense: Oline did well and considering this is our 14th, 15th, or 16th combination on the front line they held their own. Forte was his usual steady good but that run late in the game was beautiful to watch. Loved the effort. Cutler was good except for the obvious INTs. Before halftime I have no idea why or what he was doing under-throwing the ball that much. I blame Coach T for that because he seemed to accept we'd go into halftime without trying to score then after two time-killing runs decides to go up top and get in FG range. I was ok if we just ran out the clock. Build on the positive first half and then come out with the ball first in the 3rd quarter. I was ok if we decided to get upfield for a FG too. Make a decision early and don't go both ways and then have Cutler in a spot where we're trying to pick up 30 yards on one play?

The 2nd INT drives me nuts. We had the exact same thing happen in one of the first few games: Defense blitzes, coverage drops back 10 yds, Bennett runs right through and past the coverage while Cutler throws what looks to be the hot read underneath the coverage. I believe it is Bennett who is blowing the hot route reads. On the pick you see Cutler starts to throw immediately to Bennett but he's not looking. Cutler pulls back and then releases the ball toward Bennett who now is further upfield but is still not looking. I suppose we can go back and forth that Cutler should not release the throw but then there are those who say he has to trust the routes and release on time instead of waiting to see guys open. I believe he should trust his WRs/TEs to do their job. Every NFL team has hot reads and both WR and QB need to know their job.

Coaching. On top of the late 2nd quarter clock mis-management I did not like Trestman going for it on 4th down at the goal line. He has to know his team psyche is fragile after the recent losses. At that point in the game we're up 14-10. Take the FG, build positive momentum and come back on the next drive and do it again. Plus our D, though playing well early, is not exactly the one to rely on a 4pt lead. I say you go up by 7 points and continue to build the positive momentum. Instead we get stopped short and give momentum back to the Vikings. That FG we gave up would have made the 4th quarter much more comfortable in protecting the win instead we allowed them the to stay within striking distance of putting the game into overtime. To his credit, he stayed with that mentality and went for it on 4th downs later in the game that were successful so the team responded and performed. I can't be the only one who was happy to see us run on 4th and 1 and make it. The Vikings do not have a bad defense, they're not great either but we did what we should be able to do. I bet coming into the game they felt they'd be the team that ran all over the field against the worst defense in the NFL. I'm not ready to give up on Tucker or Trestman. I believe in seeing the body of work. I wanted to see improvements on both sides of the ball and we saw that. Everyone is dismissing this because it was the Vikings but aside from the TD given up after the punt fake, what more should we have seen from the D?

Special teams. I don't think he'll survive after this season. I see no spark, no assignment discipline, no nothing with the players he's coaching. Our kick returns are bad in large part because nobody actually blocks. They act scared. This is one area Lovie was good. He always had 1 guy to lead his special teams: Ayanbendejo, Costanzo, etc. If we lost that guy he made it a priority to go out in FA and get the best available replacement. Who is our leader on special teams?

You hit on a few things, but who is our leader period? I don't know that we have one in our head coach nor in the rest of the players. Otherwise pretty accurate assessment. I would argue our run D has been pretty solid all year though.

We were a missed field goal and a 1 yard run(Hated the play call on the QB keeper) away from a 31-13 victory.

I saw a lot that I liked, which is sort of frustrating because it didn't happen earlier. Jay created a lot more time for himself with his feet (like they said he would) which I thought was huge. Especially with a banged up OL that has been pretty bad you can't limit your QB to staying inside the pocket....And they also took advantage of the WRs size a lot more yesterday, ya know the thing that worked so well last year that we strangely went away from a lot of the time.

If they continue to do this I can see the offense finally start to really take off.

Still though, I picture a 4-2 finish which puts us where we don't really wanna be, 8-8.

I think I'd rather back the tank up tbh.

I can go either way at this point.

I personally think Jay probably stays around for at least 1 more year so it'd be nice to see the offense under him show that it can still be good enough to win.

But at the same time I understand tanking.

We were a missed field goal and a 1 yard run(Hated the play call on the QB keeper) away from a 31-13 victory.

I saw a lot that I liked, which is sort of frustrating because it didn't happen earlier. Jay created a lot more time for himself with his feet (like they said he would) which I thought was huge. Especially with a banged up OL that has been pretty bad you can't limit your QB to staying inside the pocket....And they also took advantage of the WRs size a lot more yesterday, ya know the thing that worked so well last year that we strangely went away from a lot of the time.

If they continue to do this I can see the offense finally start to really take off.

Still though, I picture a 4-2 finish which puts us where we don't really wanna be, 8-8.

8 and 8 is exactly what I don't want. We need some game changing talent on the Defensive side of the ball. 8-8 will put us anywhere between 15-20 draft pick. Maybe Emery can find another Fuller type of play maker at that spot.

IF the Bears had put up 31 point, I would be happy with the Bears offense. If they averaged 31 points for the reminder of the season then I would be fine with Trestman and all the offensive coaches staying on.

The D and Sp teams need coaching changes, 100%... Nothing they do will change my mind. Trestman and Kromer can win me over if things change!

My thought was "oh great, we are going to end up drafting in the middle of round one again instead of a top ten pick". We do this often. Play like crap and then show enough promise to keep the coaching staff "one more year" and we get the #15 pick.

this team is flawed from ownership all the way down to the guy handing out towels

My thought was "oh great, we are going to end up drafting in the middle of round one again instead of a top ten pick". We do this often. Play like crap and then show enough promise to keep the coaching staff "one more year" and we get the #15 pick.

this team is flawed from ownership all the way down to the guy handing out towels

My feelings exactly......

This was a very uninspiring win against a very uninspiring Vikings team. A rookie QB, no real WR threat, a backfield split between two backups. In a sense we are like the vikings in that neither of us has an identity.

What is the Chicago Bears? Are we a passing team, running team, do we hang our hat on our D, are our special teams something to talk about? Nope... none of the above. The Bears are a collection of individuals who may have talent in their own right but the whole is less then the sum of it's parts. From the second half of the 2006 season on Rex Grossman was labeled good Rex bad Rex. Well now we have 126 million dollar version of Grossman. We have a great RB who's best years have been wasted on a team that can't avoid shooting itself in the foot. There is no true leadership on this team. Things like leadership, accountability are merely concepts we pay lip service to. I remember an interview a few weeks or so ago with Bostic and the host asked "we hear a lot about accountability but what does that look like? How does that play out?" and Bostic never directly answered or even came close to addressing it. Just saying your accountable means nothing if there's no meaning behind it. We hear there is leadership but again a well lead team shows that in how it prepares, plays, and acts. I see a dysfunctional disorganized undisciplined team. You have a WR who offers money to fight a fan, GM tells him to back down and player just says screw you and the coach doesn't even say what he did was wrong just that we'll address it. This no backbone, laid back approach may work in Canada but it sure as hell doesn't work in the NFL. If your players don't respect your authority congrats you've just lost the team. We have no identity nothing to hang our hat on and say "this is what we're about, we're good at this" Our identity is we're just not good at football.

The time management shouldn't still shock me but it was soon maddening and sent such a mixed signal. You force a punt with just over 1 min in the half call a time out to preserve clock... Then first play you hand it off for a short gain. You then mill around for nearly 30 seconds while you meander up to the line. You begin to show a sense of urgency only after you've squandered almost an entire min and have to heave the ball down the field trying to make up for lost time only to throw a pick on an under thrown (rushed) pass. What the hell? You don't call that time out if your not intending to try and get at least into FG range.... but to use the timeout and then proceed to piss the clock away. What is the plan/point? Answer there is no plan; we are making this up as we go.

Not even sure why I watched this game. Morbid curiosity maybe.... I do have Forte on my fantasy team who by the way seems to be one of the few guys who truly seems to give a crap. Good or bad he leaves it all out there that run in the second half is a perfect example of determination. That said compared to the NE and GB game I did see a team putting forth more effort and energy. But sill too much talent to not be playing better.

As a fan I never want to see my team lose or lose out. But if they happen to lose enough that changes happen then that is the silver lining.

If we somehow put it together and start playing well and I mean up to the expectations we had going into the season, meaning Offense playes at or above the level it did last year, and the D plays average. Regardless of record, if at the end of the year we see signs that the team has snapped out of it and gotten back on track and is heading in a good direction I'm all for keeping Trestman but would still like to see Joe D, and possibly Tucker sent away with the goal to get better coaches. This would mean we are showing that we are developing players and drafting outside the top 10 wouldn't be as bad.

If we continue the way we've played and the team continues playing uninspired, heartless, undisciplined football then I'm hoping regardless of record we seriously look at cleaning house and that means dead weight players, coaches, and if possible key management. Something needs to be done to salvage this once proud franchise. We need to seriously look at how much to cut out to save the patient. Even if the surgery puts us in a hole next year. It is worth it if it helps the long term status of the Bears.