Overreaction and Anger Thread

Guest TerraTor

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lions took a RT. I think he'll be solid, but I was shocked they passed on Mendy. I'm really thrilled with this pick by the Bears. Williams will be either a rock solid LT or a stud RT, imo. He's a strong technical blocker and I hope the Bears will get him on a good strength program (if you can add a bit of muscle the right way to him, you are talking about a guy that could be a probowl LT as well).

I love how all the Mendy talk happened before the draft, and then he doesn't even end up going as the second RB.

OL was the biggest need, and was addressed. OL is probably the second biggest need as well.

I'm not upset with ol in the first, however I do question the intellect of our org when we call ourselves a running team and select a pass blocking finess lt like williams with road graders like albert and otah still on the board. I mean really do they know what they're doing? Sure 14 sounds high for a g however albert is a rarity who can have lt potential and can pull and plow running lanes down field. At least a real team who knows how to draft o-line took him he'll get "proper" coaching rather than the tips from chicago's peewee league coaches.

I'm not upset with ol in the first, however I do question the intellect of our org when we call ourselves a running team and select a pass blocking finess lt like williams with road graders like albert and otah still on the board. I mean really do they know what they're doing? Sure 14 sounds high for a g however albert is a rarity who can have lt potential and can pull and plow running lanes down field. At least a real team who knows how to draft o-line took him he'll get "proper" coaching rather than the tips from chicago's peewee league coaches.

This I agree with. Either the Bears need to be a balanced offense or a running-team. If they want to claim to be a running team, then Williams wasn't necessarily the pick. I honestly thought we were going to get Otah; he's a mauler. And Albert has the potential to just crush people.

Williams was the safe pick, however. He's ready now. I think that's why they went after him.

The quality of our pass protection just increased significantly. Tait at RT won't get beat each and every play to the outside like Miller did. Williams is a much better athlete than Tait and can handle speed rushers that gave Tait trouble at LT. Watch some of the videos of Williams and you can see how well he reads stunts and blitzes. This guy has good vision and feel for what's going on during a play and reacts quickly to it. We're not used to seeing that on our Oline and hopefully that ability will help whoever plays OG next to him. For sure I want Williams to get stronger but that should happen over the next two offseasons. In the meantime I think he'll be good enough to handle a RDE long enough for Forte or Wolfe to get around him. Ced might be a different story.

This I agree with. Either the Bears need to be a balanced offense or a running-team. If they want to claim to be a running team, then Williams wasn't necessarily the pick. I honestly thought we were going to get Otah; he's a mauler. And Albert has the potential to just crush people.

Williams was the safe pick, however. He's ready now. I think that's why they went after him.

IMdO Turner is pass first and then run. Lovie talks about running the ball, but it's just talk. And with Benson back there 3.4 yards ain't gonna make you a running team. Williams was, for me, the right pick. He can be plugged into LT now whereas some of the other guys on the board would have needed more development for LT. Boring pick, but the right one. And if we can give Orton or Rex some time who knows?

The quality of our pass protection just increased significantly. Tait at RT won't get beat each and every play to the outside like Miller did. Williams is a much better athlete than Tait and can handle speed rushers that gave Tait trouble at LT. Watch some of the videos of Williams and you can see how well he reads stunts and blitzes. This guy has good vision and feel for what's going on during a play and reacts quickly to it. We're not used to seeing that on our Oline and hopefully that ability will help whoever plays OG next to him. For sure I want Williams to get stronger but that should happen over the next two offseasons. In the meantime I think he'll be good enough to handle a RDE long enough for Forte or Wolfe to get around him. Ced might be a different story.

Exactly. Getting a true LT which opens the door to move Tait back to his original position makes our offensive line worlds better. We basically just upgraded two positions. I dont like the Forte pick as much though.

Some maybe happy, but i sure think that JA sucks at evaluating talent. It seems like every pick is that "Diamond in the Rough" pick. I dread draft day, cause while other fans are happy about their teams picks, i'm thinking "WTF". Forte in round 2 is way too early to draft him. I like Forte, but not 2nd round like. Especially when JA wasted a pick on Wolfe last yr. I hated the Benson pick when originally made. Dont even get me started on the Manning pick.Bennett over Doucet, please. From now on JA should trade all early round picks for late round picks. That way JA maximize his "Diamond in the Rough" theory. Yes hester was a great pick, but man whats going to happen when all kicks go out of bounds, as they have already. Do we really need "Diamond in the Rough" picks in the first 3 rounds? I'm off to the gym to blow off some steam.

I understand the frustration, but you are comparing Wolfe to Forte? Wolfe was a late 3rd round pick (93) and was actually a luxury pick. We got that selection from SD. Forte was projected around 50, so we take him at 44 because he would be long gone at 70. I don't see an issue with that pick. Who would you have rather had?