QBs left on the board...

southsider2k5

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So who should the Bears be looking at if anyone?

Josh David Booty, Andre Woodson, Colt Brennan, Dennis Dixon are among the big names left on the board still...

At this point, I'd rather go for more of a project with upside like Josh Johnson or Dennis Dixon.

Ainge is gone.

Remaining QBs out there should be considered TC fodder. Just going to have to see who gets released after TC to pick up a third QB. This staff has alot of faith in Rex and Orton. I wish they had gotten a QB earlier, though.

Woodson Gone. Wow, now there's no QBs left on the board that are worth drafting. Why did they take a TE instead of Ainge or Woodson?

Exactly, now they have not only mortgaged this year, but also next year if neither orton or rex (who we all know will suck) work out. So we have no one sitting behind them this year and will have to draft a qb high and let the piss poor winner from this year stay the starter for next year. This org never learns it's lesson even when hundreds of thousands of fans are screaming get a qb and the media laughing at us for the last 20 years. We truly are the worst managed professional team. Not because of players we pick, but due to the things we continue to ignore. Giants have eli, but they were still smart to draft woodson, and look at the vikings with J.D.Booty, sure not a great pick but at least they think for the future. We truly did show our true colors this year and should be the worst team in the league next year. Maybe we can get a top 5 pick next year so ja can trade out of it and ignore the problem again! I was really liking this draft through the first 3 rds, but now I give it a F due to the fact we grabbed another cb which we grabbed plenty of last year and a te which we took at 31 last year. And don't give me that blocking te crap, they're a dime a dozen, I'm sure there would have been plenty to look at in the 7th, but now we're left with no qb THE MOST IMPORTANT POSITION ON THE TEAM! I hope rex and orton briefly go down this year so ja gets fired he's no longer trust-worthy.

I guarantee that the TE we drafted is going to contribute more in one year then any QB we could have drafted instead of him would produce in 3 years.

Uh, he's not a starter, bud. Get a freakin clue.

Uh, he's not a starter, bud. Get a freakin clue.

neither was John Gilmore, yet he contributed a whole lot more then most 3rd string QB's.

All you like to do is bitch, and it's getting really freakin old.

Anyone we drafted late would have a 99% chance of having a career totally worthless to this team. That's why they lasted so long, despite playing the most important position on a team -- NOONE believes in them. Whoever we pick up as our 3rd qb will have about the same odds. It's really not a loss.

well, all of a sudden everyone here are scouts and know more then the Bears FO.

Damn straigt! Look at their qb production the last 20 years, if you don't think anyone could pick em better then the fo you don't know a damn thing about this game. Do you honestly think taking a blocking te is more important than a 3 string qb. With our o-line there would be no surprise if we do need one. ignorant

Damn straigt! Look at their qb production the last 20 years, if you don't think a complete anyone could pick em better then the fo you don't know a damn thing about this game. Do you honestly think taking a blocking te is more important than a 3 string qb. With our o-line there would be no surprise if we do need one. ignorant

but hey at least we got another de to go with wale, brown,anderson,bazuin, and idonije I was so scared we'd miss out on that position!

They know more than EVERY front office. Every team in the NFL believes these guys to be, in all likelihood, worthless scrubs. But now I find out that every one of them is an absolutely indispensable future NFL qb, that we're just giving away for free.

Rats!

Exactly, now they have not only mortgaged this year, but also next year if neither orton or rex (who we all know will suck) work out. So we have no one sitting behind them this year and will have to draft a qb high and let the piss poor winner from this year stay the starter for next year. This org never learns it's lesson even when hundreds of thousands of fans are screaming get a qb and the media laughing at us for the last 20 years. We truly are the worst managed professional team. Not because of players we pick, but due to the things we continue to ignore. Giants have eli, but they were still smart to draft woodson, and look at the vikings with J.D.Booty, sure not a great pick but at least they think for the future. We truly did show our true colors this year and should be the worst team in the league next year. Maybe we can get a top 5 pick next year so ja can trade out of it and ignore the problem again! I was really liking this draft through the first 3 rds, but now I give it a F due to the fact we grabbed another cb which we grabbed plenty of last year and a te which we took at 31 last year. And don't give me that blocking te crap, they're a dime a dozen, I'm sure there would have been plenty to look at in the 7th, but now we're left with no qb THE MOST IMPORTANT POSITION ON THE TEAM! I hope rex and orton briefly go down this year so ja gets fired he's no longer trust-worthy.

If that's what you hope for, why are you even a Bears fan. I'm hoping with Williams/Forte our offense gets back on track and our defense finds its way back to the top and the Bears are back to the playoffs.

I never say I hope Griese throws a bunch of interceptions so I can say "I told you so". That's what it feels like anymore on these message boards. You got the glass half full guys (me) and the glass half empty guys.

Weak argument. How many good seasons have the Bears had over the last 20 years?! How many good QBs? How many good WRs? What position other than LB have they been very successful with?

EXACTLY! You can't answer those questions!

I think that anyone on this board who devoted some time to watching every game possible, studying highlight reels, looking at stats, and absorbing a good deal of information could easily have just as good a track record as the Bears front office. We may have a completely different team, with completely opposite strengths, and a different identity, but I don't think it's even remotely impossible.

I have heard several fans on this board who have a fairly decent knowledge of players going into the fourth and fifth round. And that's just a random passion for the stuff, not a full-time job.

When JA and the Bears' front office starts to pile up winning seasons like the Patriots or the Steelers, then come talk to me about what the Bears' front office "knows".