Kevin White

Connorbear

If his health allows him to return then I think he'll be back on the field. Pace will want to know if he can count on White for anything at all heading into next year. We all know he won't consider him as a starter but is he at least part of the depth chart? Markus Wheaton suffers from the same brittle player disease so I'll predict he ends up on IR with White taking his place later this season.

Wouldn't the Bears have had to designate him as IR to return vs season ending IR? Not sure you can go back and change the designation later

They changed the rule so that the player doesnt nedd to be designated when they go on IR. They just need to be out the requisite time before they can be brought back. And I believe two players can be brought back now. Though I dont know if that is accurate or my brain conjured that.

They changed the rule so that the player doesnt nedd to be designated when they go on IR. They just need to be out the requisite time before they can be brought back. And I believe two players can be brought back now. Though I dont know if that is accurate or my brain conjured that.

Your spot on 2 players. No separate designation

Good deal, if he can get healthy in time to return this year we could use all the help "warm bodies" at WR we can get. On that thinking what would it hurt to consider bringing Cruz back? I know he had some bad drops in preseason but his veteran presence and ability to get open couldn't hurt at this point?

I pondered this question when the injury happened. His injury wasn't something that should have been season ending. As far as the normal recovery timeline for the type of injury he had is roughly 6-8 weeks. It's already been 5 weeks, which means the earliest he'd be able to return would be week 8 of the Saints game, but more likely not until week 10, which is the Packers game.

Even if his recovery took a bit longer, there's still 7 weeks of the season to go after that Packers game, which would have been a full 8 weeks since the injury. So, unless he's an incredibly slow healer, or he had some complications that we don't know of, it would be really odd for him not to be able to come back and play this year. Ryan Pace needs to know how good this guy is before deciding on whether to pick up his option at the end of the year.

If he can play, he absolutely should play.

I pondered this question when the injury happened. His injury wasn't something that should have been season ending. As far as the normal recovery timeline for the type of injury he had is roughly 6-8 weeks. It's already been 5 weeks, which means the earliest he'd be able to return would be week 8 of the Saints game, but more likely not until week 10, which is the Packers game.

Even if his recovery took a bit longer, there's still 7 weeks of the season to go after that Packers game, which would have been a full 8 weeks since the injury. So, unless he's an incredibly slow healer, or he had some complications that we don't know of, it would be really odd for him not to be able to come back and play this year. Ryan Pace needs to know how good this guy is before deciding on whether to pick up his option at the end of the year.

If he can play, he absolutely should play.

Absolutely this 100%!

Peace :dabears

• 3 weeks later...

ESPN’s Jeff Dickerson tweeted Kevin White in the locker room visiting players. Considering the play of our WR’s I will be really pissed if he isn’t activated soon. This injury should have healed.

We really need him so I would imagine he is activated at the latest next week and how can he be any worse that the dross that has played the position recently.

We need to know if he is anything or they cut him because if he can’t perform in this WR room then he has no trade value.

ESPN’s Jeff Dickerson tweeted Kevin White in the locker room visiting players. Considering the play of our WR’s I will be really pissed if he isn’t activated soon. This injury should have healed.

We really need him so I would imagine he is activated at the latest next week and how can he be any worse that the dross that has played the position recently.

We need to know if he is anything or they cut him because if he can’t perform in this WR room then he has no trade value.

I would like to see him play at least 3 to 4 games this season.

Peace :dabears

I thought he just started rehab so there is a lot of strength and flexibility to get back. If he's doing well then why not see him play 3-4 games.

It would be great to see him get some more reps before years end. Not sure he can make anything out of it, but it would be awesome if he made it happen before we have to decide on that 5th year option.