Rodgers injured, broken collarbone on throwing shoulder

adam

Viking drove him into the ground on a questionable late hit. No need for the extra contact after throw as released. I hate Rodgers, but it sucks for the league when stars get hurt.

Yeah the hit was questionable for sure. Rodgers was not happy afterwards.

Isn’t that the same injury he got when McClellin took him out a few years ago?

I don't care if it seems petty or shallow or whatever else. The packers deserve all the QB injuries they can get. They never received karma for the Charles Martin hit, and then Fartve played for a career's worth of games STRAIGHT without issues.

I don't care if it seems petty or shallow or whatever else. The packers deserve all the QB injuries they can get. They never received karma for the Charles Martin hit, and then Fartve played for a career's worth of games STRAIGHT without issues.

Good clean hit! You move like he does, that's a consequence. Ditto on karma.

:headbang

Yeah the hit was questionable for sure. Rodgers was not happy afterwards.

Isn’t that the same injury he got when McClellin took him out a few years ago?

I thought it was a completely legal hit.

Yes it's the same injury as 2013. Only difference is that yr was to his non throwing shoulder and he missed 7 games. This time it's good throwing shoulder

And I have no sympathy for them. Mainly because I am so sick and tired of ppl saying how much he's a God. Never does any wrong. He misses a guy by a mile and all hear is excuses of how it's not his fault. It does suck for the league. I was looking forward to seeing him in Chicago. Instead it will be hundley I guess.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Hahahahahaha hahahaha!

https://media0.giphy.com/media/9MFsKQ8A6HCN2/giphy.gif

It would have been better if Barr did the "championship belt" move after that hit. Sucks for the Packers, but don't come looking at the Bears for sympathy after the rash of injuries we've endured the past few seasons.

After looking at it a few times, he tries to break his fall with his right arm and basically leads all of the tackle into his right shoulder.

What does this do for us? We get the Brett Hundley Packers after the Bye. Looking ahead, if we can put together wins against CAR and NO (possible but unlikely), we would go into the bye 4-4 with that game following. Our toughest opponent out of the bye is Philly followed by the Vikings in Week 17.

I never like seeing players get hurt. At Rodger's age that is a big injury. That said I feel absolutely no sympathy for the Packers in general. The ball almost always bounces their way. The breaks more often than not go their way when it comes to calls, lucky plays, etc. I don't like Rodger's as a person, he's an arrogant jerk, he wants nothing to do with his own family, I'm sick of that stupid smirk. For the longest time since Favre's dominance, I've said, I really can't wait till Rodgers retires and and hope that when that happens they struggle for at least a decade or two to find a serviceable QB. That team deserves to be a bottom feeder for the foreseeable future, they and their fan base could use a good humbling.

I never like seeing players get hurt. At Rodger's age that is a big injury. That said I feel absolutely no sympathy for the Packers in general. The ball almost always bounces their way. The breaks more often than not go their way when it comes to calls, lucky plays, etc. I don't like Rodger's as a person, he's an arrogant jerk, he wants nothing to do with his own family, I'm sick of that stupid smirk. For the longest time since Favre's dominance, I've said, I really can't wait till Rodgers retires and and hope that when that happens they struggle for at least a decade or two to find a serviceable QB. That team deserves to be a bottom feeder for the foreseeable future, they and their fan base could use a good humbling.

Your right I have to talk to ppl my dad's age who was old enough to remember the last time there really struggled. It's extremely rare to go from 1 HOF QB to the next without some thing in between. It's never happened 3 times in a row so there's an excellent chance they will struggle.

My fiance who is a packers fan has been saying since the season started that he wasn't going to last half the yr with that oline. So when I called her yesterday she wasn't shocked at all

Well said...

Your right I have to talk to ppl my dad's age who was old enough to remember the last time there really struggled. It's extremely rare to go from 1 HOF QB to the next without some thing in between. It's never happened 3 times in a row so there's an excellent chance they will struggle.

My fiance who is a packers fan has been saying since the season started that he wasn't going to last half the yr with that oline. So when I called her yesterday she wasn't shocked at all

It is a rare thing. The only other team that comes to mind passing the HOF torch is the 49ers going from Montana to Young. The Colts could pull it off if Luck can get healthy and wind up having a long productive career there. From the time that Favre took over in 1992 after being traded from the Falcons till 2008 when Farve was traded to the Jets and Rodgers took over till present. 16 years of Favre and 9 years and counting for Rodgers, is 25 years of HOF QB play. Interestingly enough in that 25 year span they have only appeared in 3 Super Bowls (2 with Favre and one with Rodgers), winning 2 of those 3. That said Brett and Rodgers have lead them to the playoffs in all but 7 seasons in that span. It makes it harder when our own team has struggled so mightily over that span. We all remember the obligatory QB list they'd throw up every time we played the Packers to rub it in our faces just how bad it's been for us. So there is some jealousy in our Packers hate. You have to think at some point the tide will turn and maybe with Mitch it has started to turn.

Don't have to spend much time reading the Packer's board to realize the grass isn't always greener. There is a lot of call for coaching and management changes, their offensive line has been an issue for the past few years and their D has been suspect. Simply put without Favre and Rodgers where would that team be? I may hate the packers, and I may not like Rodgers or Favre there's no arguing how good they were and are and what they've meant to keeping their team viable. I'll just be glad when they slip into mediocrity and have their fill of humble pie.

It is a rare thing. The only other team that comes to mind passing the HOF torch is the 49ers going from Montana to Young. The Colts could pull it off if Luck can get healthy and wind up having a long productive career there. From the time that Favre took over in 1992 after being traded from the Falcons till 2008 when Farve was traded to the Jets and Rodgers took over till present. 16 years of Favre and 9 years and counting for Rodgers, is 25 years of HOF QB play. Interestingly enough in that 25 year span they have only appeared in 3 Super Bowls (2 with Favre and one with Rodgers), winning 2 of those 3. That said Brett and Rodgers have lead them to the playoffs in all but 7 seasons in that span. It makes it harder when our own team has struggled so mightily over that span. We all remember the obligatory QB list they'd throw up every time we played the Packers to rub it in our faces just how bad it's been for us. So there is some jealousy in our Packers hate. You have to think at some point the tide will turn and maybe with Mitch it has started to turn.

Don't have to spend much time reading the Packer's board to realize the grass isn't always greener. There is a lot of call for coaching and management changes, their offensive line has been an issue for the past few years and their D has been suspect. Simply put without Favre and Rodgers where would that team be? I may hate the packers, and I may not like Rodgers or Favre there's no arguing how good they were and are and what they've meant to keeping their team viable. I'll just be glad when they slip into mediocrity and have their fill of humble pie.

That oline is mediocre when fully healthy. They thought yesterday getting both bahktiari and bulaga back things would start to turn. But bahktiari reinjured his hammy again and bulaga now has concussion they just screwed. I'll never argue how great those 2 are. My whole issue with them isn't about them. It's the media. At least with Favre they had no problem pointing out when he made a mistake. But with Rodgers they all ignore it and pretend how he can't do any wrong. 1st half last yr he was having major accuracy issues and while my own family (all packer fans) saw it the media completely overlooked it and then Rodgers got stupid hot 2nd half of yr and the media acted like he couldn't do any wrong. It gets really old after awhile

I hate to see anyone get hurt. I love watching Rodgers play the game, he is an amazing QB but you know what i love more?????? Watching Packer fans go into complete melt down. They are typically very nice fans but they have grown to be some of the more annoying fans out there. They love to talk shit about the Bears and THINK their Packers are SOOOOOOO freakin good. In reality the Pack is an average team with one of the Best QB's to ever play. They have a good group of WR;s and no run game. There D is average. Without Rodgers I wont have to listen to a bunch of KNOW IT ALL shitheads gloat. They have been spoiled with great QB play for what seems like 20 years. I will enjoy watching the Packers suffer this year without Rodgers.

I hate to see anyone get hurt. I love watching Rodgers play the game, he is an amazing QB but you know what i love more?????? Watching Packer fans go into complete melt down. They are typically very nice fans but they have grown to be some of the more annoying fans out there. They love to talk shit about the Bears and THINK their Packers are SOOOOOOO freakin good. In reality the Pack is an average team with one of the Best QB's to ever play. They have a good group of WR;s and no run game. There D is average. Without Rodgers I wont have to listen to a bunch of KNOW IT ALL shitheads gloat. They have been spoiled with great QB play for what seems like 20 years. I will enjoy watching the Packers suffer this year without Rodgers.

"Rodger" that :P

No, don't rub it in. Next thing you know, Peter King will be reporting that Bears' fans are gloating. LMAO Only wish the worst for the Puckers. Melt you cheese heads.

Oh, you KNOW Peter King is crying salty, diabetes tears into a tub of rocky road over this. He's probably started drinking and smoking too.

No, don't rub it in. Next thing you know, Peter King will be reporting that Bears' fans are gloating. LMAO Only wish the worst for the Puckers. Melt you cheese heads.

Do I take pleasure in knowing that Rodgers hurt? Hell yeah I do. Then they can feel like we do just for a few. I'm right here if he wants to interview lol. It's actually funny at work. My company is based out of Madison, wi so of course they are all packer fans along with my whole family (except my kids. I raised them correctly) and before that injury to Rodgers everyone wanted to talk football with me. And now no one does. Not even my dad and we talk for hours every day but no longer about football. It's quite hilarious