Deep Dish recipe

BearsFan1974

This is something I found....

I can't say I tried it it, but it sure looks good!

http://www.pizzamaking.com/deepdish.php

Being from Chicago, I have been pizza spoiled. Living in Turkey, I am going through MAJOR withdrawls off decent pizza. Does anybody have a dood deep dish recipe they can give me? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
This is something I found....

I can't say I tried it it, but it sure looks good!

http://www.pizzamaking.com/deepdish.php

Fellas, gave this a try. Was craving some "Chicago style pizza" and man was it good. The crust was fantastic. Not sure if it was the cornmeal or??? But it was allright!!! Caution as the recipie says bake at 475 for 30-35(?) minutes. May want to bring the temp down a bit. The heat was pretty intense and as my wife said it was like broiling. I kept a close eye and avoided burning it although a little did.

Mine had a Marinara I found local the seasoned burger, turkey pepperoni, dry salami, tomatoes, Parmesan, mozzarella, and Colby jack on the base. Couple onions and green peppers to get that "vegetable" factor in there. Made two 9"ers and another Vegeterian for the wife. Yeah I know...she knows how to ruin a perfectly good heart attack. But like I said, the crust is what made it for sure.

Thanks for the link.

Awesome! I'm gald to hear it worked for you! I know sometimes I try something I'll see on Food Network, and my meal looks, and presumeably tastes, nothing like what Bobby Flay did!

Thankfully, pizza is one of the only things that is vegetarian that I can actually eat! A good margarhita (sp?) is still good! It's just better w/ some sausage or pep!

Fellas, gave this a try. Was craving some "Chicago style pizza" and man was it good. The crust was fantastic. Not sure if it was the cornmeal or??? But it was allright!!! Caution as the recipie says bake at 475 for 30-35(?) minutes. May want to bring the temp down a bit. The heat was pretty intense and as my wife said it was like broiling. I kept a close eye and avoided burning it although a little did.

Mine had a Marinara I found local the seasoned burger, turkey pepperoni, dry salami, tomatoes, Parmesan, mozzarella, and Colby jack on the base. Couple onions and green peppers to get that "vegetable" factor in there. Made two 9"ers and another Vegeterian for the wife. Yeah I know...she knows how to ruin a perfectly good heart attack. But like I said, the crust is what made it for sure.

Thanks for the link.

Thanks for the link.

I'm making this for the Super Bowl...or whatever else might be on. I am going to sub semolina flour instead of the cornmeal. That what Lou's does so I'm gonna give that a shot. I can't wait. Thank for the recipe. I looked on that sight before and all the dough recipes I found were in weight and I couldn't find a scale in Turkey!!! You and Lith are awesome. I'll post some pics for you guys after.

Glad to help the cause! I'm going to get a Homer Simpson drool on if you show the pics!

I'm making this for the Super Bowl...or whatever else might be on. I am going to sub semolina flour instead of the cornmeal. That what Lou's does so I'm gonna give that a shot. I can't wait. Thank for the recipe. I looked on that sight before and all the dough recipes I found were in weight and I couldn't find a scale in Turkey!!! You and Lith are awesome. I'll post some pics for you guys after.

• 6 months later...
Does anyone know how to upload a picture off your own computer? I only know how to insert it via a link to the internet...

Open up the "Full reply" window. If you look at the box below and to the right of the window that you normally type a post in, you will see a pulldown menu labeled "Manage current attachments (0)", with an open box below it and a browse option.

Click the "Browse" button. Go and highlight the picture that you wish to upload. Click the "upload" button. The file will upload to this system.

Then, go to the "Manage current attachments" pulldown menu. There should now be an option that you can figure out to insert an image. Clicking on the "green" option will insert the image into a post. Then simply finish your post and click add reply.

Crud. I don't see the pulldown menu "Manage Current Attachments". I see nothing to the right of the normal replay window. Just some BBC Code Help at the bottom, then undo and redo at the top...but it's more on the top and bottom than to the right.

Open up the "Full reply" window. If you look at the box below and to the right of the window that you normally type a post in, you will see a pulldown menu labeled "Manage current attachments (0)", with an open box below it and a browse option.

Click the "Browse" button. Go and highlight the picture that you wish to upload. Click the "upload" button. The file will upload to this system.

Then, go to the "Manage current attachments" pulldown menu. There should now be an option that you can figure out to insert an image. Clicking on the "green" option will insert the image into a post. Then simply finish your post and click add reply.

Crud. I don't see the pulldown menu "Manage Current Attachments". I see nothing to the right of the normal replay window. Just some BBC Code Help at the bottom, then undo and redo at the top...but it's more on the top and bottom than to the right.

Is there anything below the BB code section?