Golden opportunity

BearFan2000

In our PPR league I traded Pierre Thomas and Willis McGahee for Matt Forte. This trade opened a roster spot for me but required the other guy to drop a player.

I was absolutely shocked at who he dropped. Percy Harvin??? even more shocking considering it now leaves him with only 2 WR on his roster (bench included, and 6 RB) He also has 3 QB, 2 Def, 1 TE, and 1 kicker. Personally I'd have dropped one of my RBs or my 3rd QB and that would be Matt Flyn since he'll likely only get snaps in a blowout or the very unlikely case where Rodgers goes down with injury beyond maybe a one game loss for concussion. If I were to handcuff a QB (which I wouldn't) I'd see it more on a QB who isn't playing behind a starter who is firmly entrenched as #1 and/or is extremely durable. I was considering going after WR to fill out my roster and like both Danny Amendola and Lance Moore but now Harvin is there on the Waiver wire and so tempting.

We have a 1 day wait on waiver claims our waivers reset each week in reverse order of standings but since week 1 hasn't started yet it would that go by reverse draft order in which case I have the lowest waiver claim priority. Either way I think it would be smart to make a claim on him and see if I can grab him, if not go with one of the guys I was looking at anyway. Doubtful that i'll get him since I have the lowest claim priority and he's likely to get a claim bid by someone unless people are hoping he clears waivers by Wed but worth a try I think.