Does someone here work for Draftwire?

jason

This draft looks like someone here put together the last few week's of posts.

https://draftwire.usatoday.com/2018/02/07/2...nd-projections/

1. Tremaine Edwards, OLB, VT

2. Courtland Sutton, WR, SMU

4. Anthony Averett, CB, BAMA

4. Deontay Burnett, WR, USC

5. Brandon Parker, OT, NCA&T

6. David Bellamy, Edge, UGA

7. BJ Hill, DL, NCST

This draft looks like someone here put together the last few week's of posts.

https://draftwire.usatoday.com/2018/02/07/2...nd-projections/

1. Tremaine Edwards, OLB, VT

2. Courtland Sutton, WR, SMU

4. Anthony Averett, CB, BAMA

4. Deontay Burnett, WR, USC

5. Brandon Parker, OT, NCA&T

6. David Bellamy, Edge, UGA

7. BJ Hill, DL, NCST

Looks close to what we post. In seen this draft and thought this could work. I like the thought of a big WR and a burner and the developmental LT. The only miss I would want is a starting RT we could have by trading down a few spots.

Looks close to what we post. In seen this draft and thought this could work. I like the thought of a big WR and a burner and the developmental LT. The only miss I would want is a starting RT we could have by trading down a few spots.

If we go my Paces draft history, he will try to trade down or up in the first or in the second to pick up extra picks or target a player.. Most view the draft(other than QBs ) that their are 4 true blue chip prospects in the draft so drafting at 8 is someone of a bad spot to take a player because the next 10 to 15 players to be drafted are all rated close to the same value . So hopefully we can get someone to trade up for a QB or for Barkley and get us in some more picks and still draft a draft value pick.

This draft would make sense. Grabbing 2 WRs and a true edge prospect with a OL prospect to groom to take Massies spot in a year. That would probably mean we keep Massie for one more year.

I do not but I like that draft as long as the Bears get Edmunds last name right on the draft card.

:D :D :D

That's all me transposing. I don't know why, but I want to make him an Edwards. Kind of like when everyone kept referring to your new draft pick as Alshon Jeffries, or something similar.

If we go my Paces draft history, he will try to trade down or up in the first or in the second to pick up extra picks or target a player.. Most view the draft(other than QBs ) that their are 4 true blue chip prospects in the draft so drafting at 8 is someone of a bad spot to take a player because the next 10 to 15 players to be drafted are all rated close to the same value . So hopefully we can get someone to trade up for a QB or for Barkley and get us in some more picks and still draft a draft value pick.

This draft would make sense. Grabbing 2 WRs and a true edge prospect with a OL prospect to groom to take Massies spot in a year. That would probably mean we keep Massie for one more year.

Honestly, I think the strength of this draft is somewhere near the end of the first through the mid 2nd. There are a ton of guys there who could easily be first rounders. Like you said, there are only a few blue chippers. That means a lot of variation for the next 30-40 or so picks.

A team could have two for one if they were shrewd with trade downs.

:D :D :D

That's all me transposing. I don't know why, but I want to make him an Edwards. Kind of like when everyone kept referring to your new draft pick as Alshon Jeffries, or something similar.

I keep doing that to his last name too. I have re-read all of my posts to catch myself and correct it. :banghead

Honestly, I think the strength of this draft is somewhere near the end of the first through the mid 2nd. There are a ton of guys there who could easily be first rounders. Like you said, there are only a few blue chippers. That means a lot of variation for the next 30-40 or so picks.

A team could have two for one if they were shrewd with trade downs.

We say this is most drafts but that's talent based on raw comparisons of skills. There is one caveat that must be considered and it is scheme and who fits it and who doesn't. Trading back only to end up with a similarly graded player who doesn't fit what you want to do on the field makes no sense. It is precisely this reason that Pace traded up for Floyd. He had to have him because after that the drop off was huge. Looking back on it I'd say he was right.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft...d=round1#round1

As I said in another thread, in this 2018 draft I believe a player like Christian Kirk carries more value to our new offense than does a player like Sutton.

All that means our draft board looks different, maybe much different, than the generic draft boards we find on NFL.com, Drafttek, CBS, Walterfootball, etc. Of course there are always players who fit any scheme and Tremaine Edmunds is one of them.

We say this is most drafts but that's talent based on raw comparisons of skills. There is one caveat that must be considered and it is scheme and who fits it and who doesn't. Trading back only to end up with a similarly graded player who doesn't fit what you want to do on the field makes no sense. It is precisely this reason that Pace traded up for Floyd. He had to have him because after that the drop off was huge. Looking back on it I'd say he was right.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft...d=round1#round1

As I said in another thread, in this 2018 draft I believe a player like Christian Kirk carries more value to our new offense than does a player like Sutton.

All that means our draft board looks different, maybe much different, than the generic draft boards we find on NFL.com, Drafttek, CBS, Walterfootball, etc. Of course there are always players who fit any scheme and Tremaine Edmunds is one of them.

Based on the players in 2016, Floyd looks like a good pick. But I don't think the trade was necessary. Of course, we'll never know. But the Bears are a team that needs players, and 4th rounders are apparently Pace's wheelhouse. Moving up two spots for a guy who would probably have been there at the original position probably wasn't the best trade. Then again, that's Pace's M.O. He sees the guy he wants, and makes a move for that player when he fears there is even a remote chance of losing that player. He did it with Trubisky too.

I just see this year, more than maybe ever, a situation where multiple players fit, and trading down works so much. For instance, WRs are crazy deep, and I've love to get two promising rookies this year.