If the current Bears team had Cleveland's picks...

jason

A fun what if game. Their draft position is ridiculous this year. What would you do with their two first rounders and three second rounders? No trade downs allowed.

It's odd because we have Trubisky, which eliminates QB.

1.1 - Quenton Nelson, OG, ND - Best pick that fits that early.

1.4 - Bradley Chubb, DE/OLB, NCST - Whichever position, there needs to be a Floyd counterpart.

2.33 - Brown/Williams/McGlinchey, OT - Whichever slips to the first pick of the second round.

2.35 - Courtland Sutton, WR, SMU - Who Kevin White should have been.

2.64 - Christian Kirk, WR, TXA&M - Let's solve this WR issue right TF now by doubling up with a guy nicknamed Baby Beckham.

With that approach the future of the offense should be set.

A fun what if game. Their draft position is ridiculous this year. What would you do with their two first rounders and three second rounders? No trade downs allowed.

1.4 - Bradley Chubb, DE/OLB, NCST - Whichever position, there needs to be a Floyd counterpart.

2.33 - Brown/Williams/McGlinchey, OT - Whichever slips to the first pick of the second round.

2.64 - Christian Kirk, WR, TXA&M - Let's solve this WR issue right TF now by doubling up with a guy nicknamed Baby Beckham.

For 2 WRs, I think Kirk is the playmaker that would thrive in our scheme. If we have to take one later in the draft I would prefer Marcus Ateman. a go up and get it guy.

That would be an insane draft. I would say that Kirk is unlikely to last past the first few picks in the 2nd round and I would not be surprised if he goes in the first.

Man, the only way this is fantasy is with a trade down. OMG, that would be sick! Imagine how Pace could f@#k with the entire draft....

The crazy part is Clev will probably trade down and gain another future first. They don't seem to care if they get a QB. They do seem to like big names like Peppers and Njoku tho.

I would like the Bears to start making moves that gain future firsts or seconds and this might be a good year if Chubb, Nelson, or Fitzpatrick are off the board. As of today, I see the top tier talent only being 4-5 players deep. The rest are grouped from say pick 6 to 15-20. We can only hope a QB is there to give us a chance.

That's a lot of fun and I'd be very happy with picks 1 through 3.

I have seen concerns about Courtland Sutton's ability to separate and that might be why he skipped the Senior Bowl. You would think a player who was not at a top tier school would definitely want to show he belongs in the NFL and can win against the best DBs. Not so with Sutton and the speculation is that he avoided the senior bowl because it could hurt his draft stock. He will be someone to watch closely at the Combine. His film was always ok but lacked that consistency you'd like to see out of a high draft pick but some of that was the offense he was in. That sums up where I'm at right now on Sutton but it could all change as we learn more.

In his place I'd just take Kirk at 2-35 because I believe he will be electric in the open field and Nagy will know how to use him.

I don't really want to deal with 2 rookies at WR this year because I think it hurts the team in the near term with little long term benefit (vs. just drafting another WR in Rd 2/3 next year). Instead I prefer that we bring in a very good FA WR, and a good FA WR to fill the depth chart. Maybe this year we toss in another rookie from Day 3 if he fits BPA.

Using Drafttek rankings at 2-64 I'd take CB Carlton Davis.

I like the roster balance picking up future starting players at OG, RT, DE/OLB, WR, and CB.

That's a lot of fun and I'd be very happy with picks 1 through 3.

I have seen concerns about Courtland Sutton's ability to separate and that might be why he skipped the Senior Bowl. You would think a player who was not at a top tier school would definitely want to show he belongs in the NFL and can win against the best DBs. Not so with Sutton and the speculation is that he avoided the senior bowl because it could hurt his draft stock. He will be someone to watch closely at the Combine. His film was always ok but lacked that consistency you'd like to see out of a high draft pick but some of that was the offense he was in. That sums up where I'm at right now on Sutton but it could all change as we learn more.

In his place I'd just take Kirk at 2-35 because I believe he will be electric in the open field and Nagy will know how to use him.

I don't really want to deal with 2 rookies at WR this year because I think it hurts the team in the near term with little long term benefit (vs. just drafting another WR in Rd 2/3 next year). Instead I prefer that we bring in a very good FA WR, and a good FA WR to fill the depth chart. Maybe this year we toss in another rookie from Day 3 if he fits BPA.

Using Drafttek rankings at 2-64 I'd take CB Carlton Davis.

I like the roster balance picking up future starting players at OG, RT, DE/OLB, WR, and CB.

I like that Drafttek puts in the work of a whole draft, but their choices are quite unrealistic.

I like that Drafttek puts in the work of a whole draft, but their choices are quite unrealistic.

It's just a site that gives me a quick way to see where players rank, and not really my favorite at that. Their rankings are off by quite a bit at times and a month ago were (IMO) worthless. I do not like their mocks much at all other than to see what round a player is selected. There were players I really like (i.e Edmunds) who was showing as Rd 2 a few weeks ago. As we get closer to the draft, and in this case the Combine, they are starting to match most common projections. In the interest of saving some time I used their list to scan some names between ~40-75 to see who I liked on there for this scenario's pick #64.

Regardless, at this time there are draft projections all over the place that I don't agree with, including Mike Mayock's and others. I'm still not on board with the rest of the world on Minkah Fitzpatrick as the #3 talent in this draft (where Draftek and many have him). Patrick Peterson went #5 overall and he's an elite athlete, with the size to truly match up with anyone anywhere on the field. Fitzpatrick, for all his talents isn't close to that kind of player. I'm not that high on Roquan Smith either because I think he too has limitations that I don't want in a top 10 prospect.

That's why I like the process. I try to list my source for rankings if I make a choice like this unless I'm going outside the conventional wisdom on a player. In that case my source is me. :unsure:

At this point in the draft process with what I've seen on film, I'd be happy with Davis as a late 2nd Rd pick for us. Three weeks ago he was a 4/5th Rd prospect on most boards.

It's just a site that gives me a quick way to see where players rank, and not really my favorite at that. Their rankings are off by quite a bit at times and a month ago were (IMO) worthless. I do not like their mocks much at all other than to see what round a player is selected. There were players I really like (i.e Edmunds) who was showing as Rd 2 a few weeks ago. As we get closer to the draft, and in this case the Combine, they are starting to match most common projections. In the interest of saving some time I used their list to scan some names between ~40-75 to see who I liked on there for this scenario's pick #64.

Regardless, at this time there are draft projections all over the place that I don't agree with, including Mike Mayock's and others. I'm still not on board with the rest of the world on Minkah Fitzpatrick as the #3 talent in this draft (where Draftek and many have him). Patrick Peterson went #5 overall and he's an elite athlete, with the size to truly match up with anyone anywhere on the field. Fitzpatrick, for all his talents isn't close to that kind of player. I'm not that high on Roquan Smith either because I think he too has limitations that I don't want in a top 10 prospect.

That's why I like the process. I try to list my source for rankings if I make a choice like this unless I'm going outside the conventional wisdom on a player. In that case my source is me. :unsure:

At this point in the draft process with what I've seen on film, I'd be happy with Davis as a late 2nd Rd pick for us. Three weeks ago he was a 4/5th Rd prospect on most boards.

Ranking on players are all over the board. They will prove itself out before and after the draft for it is more of a crap shoot than a true rating system.

For me at our spot, I think Edmunds will be there and should be our pick. I love Q. Nelson and think he is a special talent, but in replacement value compared to Sitton, it minimizes drafting him. At 19 Edmunds has huge upside at a position of great value in any defense. I have seen nowhere that Fitzpatrick is viewed as less than a top 5 player. I can say I like one over the other but have not put in time as some for viewing tape on any individual player so I have to rely on people I respect. # websites I like there valuing a great deal is Mike Miller, GBDNR and draft countdown.

M. Miller: Fritzpatrick-5 Edmunds-10

GBNDR: Fritzpatrick-4 Edmunds-6

DCountdown: Fritzpatrick-5 Edmunds-9