Fantasy Football Open Thread

BearFan2000

I know this is not Bears related. Need help with my Fantasy lineup this week. 10 team PPR.

My Roster

QB - Kirk Cousins

RB - Mark Ingram, Melvin Gordon, Chris Thompson, Dion Lewis, Alfred Morris

WR - AJ Green, Keenan Allen, Amari Cooper, Stefon Diggs, Nelson Agholor

TE - Zach Ertz

K - Will Lutz

D/ST - Panthers

I'm 1-6 going into week 8. It's a must win here on out. Seems every week I have one or two guys have dud games and my opponent seems to always have at least one surprise player. I've been losing by mere points every week it's been maddening.

QB, TE, K, and D/ST are a given. The logical starts would be RB - Ingram & Gordon, WR Green and Allen. Flex being either Thompson, Diggs, or Cooper and maybe Agholor or Lewis. I also put a waiver claim in for Evan Engram TE Giants that I could have Saturday could also be a flex option.

I'm also wondering that since there are so many of us that do fantasy football maybe we could have either a dedicated thread for fantasy or a section for fantasy football posts here at Talk Bears.

I know this is not Bears related. Need help with my Fantasy lineup this week. 10 team PPR.

My Roster

QB - Kirk Cousins

TE - Zach Ertz

K - Will Lutz

D/ST - Panthers

I'm 1-6 going into week 8. It's a must win here on out. Seems every week I have one or two guys have dud games and my opponent seems to always have at least one surprise player. I've been losing by mere points every week it's been maddening.

QB, TE, K, and D/ST are a given. The logical starts would be RB - Ingram & Gordon, WR Green and Allen. Flex being either Thompson, Diggs, or Cooper and maybe Agholor or Lewis. I also put a waiver claim in for Evan Engram TE Giants that I could have Saturday could also be a flex option.

I'm also wondering that since there are so many of us that do fantasy football maybe we could have either a dedicated thread for fantasy or a section for fantasy football posts here at Talk Bears.

sorry bro, chalk this season up as a dud...

QB-Cousins, RB-Gordon, RB-Ingram, WR-Green, WR-Allen, Flex-THOMPSON, TE-Ertz, K-Lutz, D-Panthers.

I know this is not Bears related. Need help with my Fantasy lineup this week. 10 team PPR. My Roster QB - Kirk Cousins RB - Mark Ingram, Melvin Gordon, Chris Thompson, Dion Lewis, Alfred Morris WR - AJ Green, Keenan Allen, Amari Cooper, Stefon Diggs, Nelson Agholor TE - Zach Ertz K - Will Lutz D/ST - Panthers I'm 1-6 going into week 8. It's a must win here on out. Seems every week I have one or two guys have dud games and my opponent seems to always have at least one surprise player. I've been losing by mere points every week it's been maddening. QB, TE, K, and D/ST are a given. The logical starts would be RB - Ingram & Gordon, WR Green and Allen. Flex being either Thompson, Diggs, or Cooper and maybe Agholor or Lewis. I also put a waiver claim in for Evan Engram TE Giants that I could have Saturday could also be a flex option. I'm also wondering that since there are so many of us that do fantasy football maybe we could have either a dedicated thread for fantasy or a section for fantasy football posts here at Talk Bears.

QB-Cousins, RB-Gordon, RB-Ingram, WR-Green, WR-Allen, Flex-THOMPSON, TE-Ertz, K-Lutz, D-Panthers.

I have been playing FF for 20 years and a long time ago someone gave me some good advice. I am a person that always tries to be cute so I play with the lineups. He told me that you should always play your best players all the time. They can have some duds but will ascend over a period of time.

Overall you come out better in the end.

My Roster

QB - Kirk Cousins

TE - Zach Ertz

K - Will Lutz

D/ST - Panthers

I feel your pain. The last couple of years, I would always face the team that scores the most points in the league, so regardless how good my team performed, I either barely won or lost by a few.

To field your best team is somewhat of a crap shoot, but you have to look at a couple of things. How consistent is your player, at home, on road, on turf, etc. Then apply the same theory to the defense that player is playing. So if players are close to each other in scoring, go with the easier matchup. For WR's, look at targets, and for RB's, look at touches. Eventually those will correlate with points since you can't get pts without targets and touches.

This is the lineup I went with fortunately this week my opponent's team barely showed up and I'm going into the Monday night game up 75 points barring an insane performance by the Broncos D I'll win this week handily. Also fortunately 2 (and possibly 3) of the 4 teams in my division could lose this week. Which helps in the standings. If they keep losing and I go on a little run I could creep back into the running for the 4 seed. Last year I won the championship and had slump but recovered to make the playoffs and once your in anything can happen.

The way I've played the last several seasons has been like Stinger suggested is you stick your best players, and overthinking the lineups is where you mess yourself up. I've been league champ twice (including last year) since I learned to stop over tweaking my lineups. I would be making changes to my lineup all week, and Sunday mornings/afternoons. The more you lose in a season the more tempting it is to second guess and try to make changes. One year I was in second place with 5 weeks left and I outsmarted myself to finish on a 5 game losing streak and miss the playoffs entirely. What I've learned is some years just don't go your way whether it's injuries, unforeseen game flows. This has been one frustrating season week after week feeling like Charlie Brown trying to kick the football and having Lucy pull it away. But that's the way it goes sometimes.

One week I had a 20 point lead going into MNF my opponent had Fitzgerald who'd had 13pt and a 5 pt game and he goes off for almost 34 points

The next week I go up against the guy who typically finishes dead last beat me soundly as my guys didn't show up especially Gordon who had his worst week

Next week I'm only down like 8 points going into MNF and just need Diggs to get me 9 points when he'd been averaging close to 20. He gets me 1.4

Next week I'm up by 18 going into MNF and my opponent only had her kicker to go. Her kicker got her 21 points

Last week in a tight matchup going into Monday night I had a good shot at winning I had Cousins and he had Wentz. Kirk had a big game but I came up three points short.

It really is a crap shoot, you can study targets and touches, tendencies, which defenses present favorable match ups vs your specific player's position but game flow, and any given Sunday can flush that down the toilet.

This is the lineup I went with fortunately this week my opponent's team barely showed up and I'm going into the Monday night game up 75 points barring an insane performance by the Broncos D I'll win this week handily. Also fortunately 2 (and possibly 3) of the 4 teams in my division could lose this week. Which helps in the standings. If they keep losing and I go on a little run I could creep back into the running for the 4 seed. Last year I won the championship and had slump but recovered to make the playoffs and once your in anything can happen.

The way I've played the last several seasons has been like Stinger suggested is you stick your best players, and overthinking the lineups is where you mess yourself up. I've been league champ twice (including last year) since I learned to stop over tweaking my lineups. I would be making changes to my lineup all week, and Sunday mornings/afternoons. The more you lose in a season the more tempting it is to second guess and try to make changes. One year I was in second place with 5 weeks left and I outsmarted myself to finish on a 5 game losing streak and miss the playoffs entirely. What I've learned is some years just don't go your way whether it's injuries, unforeseen game flows. This has been one frustrating season week after week feeling like Charlie Brown trying to kick the football and having Lucy pull it away. But that's the way it goes sometimes.

One week I had a 20 point lead going into MNF my opponent had Fitzgerald who'd had 13pt and a 5 pt game and he goes off for almost 34 points

The next week I go up against the guy who typically finishes dead last beat me soundly as my guys didn't show up especially Gordon who had his worst week

Next week I'm only down like 8 points going into MNF and just need Diggs to get me 9 points when he'd been averaging close to 20. He gets me 1.4

Next week I'm up by 18 going into MNF and my opponent only had her kicker to go. Her kicker got her 21 points

Last week in a tight matchup going into Monday night I had a good shot at winning I had Cousins and he had Wentz. Kirk had a big game but I came up three points short.

It really is a crap shoot, you can study targets and touches, tendencies, which defenses present favorable match ups vs your specific player's position but game flow, and any given Sunday can flush that down the toilet.

It is crazy sometimes on losing by less than a point or you have a RB that should have scored but they decided to give it to the FB. It is just difficult to be good at this. I Have Brady in one league that favors QBs and he is still good but has some bland games. I try to find players that are consistent week in and week out even though they may not have the huge game potential.

One league I am in first place after losing my first round pick for the year. OBJ. 3 games I have won were by less than a point. As the season goes forward I will migrate to the middle of the pack because there are several teams with more talent than me but at least my record will allow me to make the playoffs and then anything goes. Last year in this league I was either 500 or one game under and won the league. It was based more on being lucky than by design, but that works to.

Literally half my team is injured and because the league is so extremely deep from a draft it's impossible to get anything in FA. This week alone I've lost Garcon, Crowder and Miller. We start 2 QBs with possibility of starting 3 so you can forget getting anything

Oh wait now I just heard fournette is suspended by the team. I'm just so screwed

Last week was a disaster. I played the guy who has Ezekiel Elliot who again got his suspension put off so instead of him having to scramble for a RB he gets his stud to play. Sunday morning Zach Ertz is ruled out and I have to scramble for a fill in. Then AJ Green does his thing and gets tossed so I'm stuck with 1.6 for him. My opponent had Tyrod Taylor who goes off for probably his best game in years. I had just 3 out of my 9 starters muster double digits and my team didn't even reach 80 points. At 2-7 with just 5 games left, now it's officially a dumpster fire this year. Only way I make the playoffs is to win out and hope only one other team has 7 wins or higher, the top two teams in our league are both sitting at 7-2 and a good 2 games or so ahead of everyone else. The ironic thing is I have the second highest scoring team in the league.

I'm hoping I can at least climb from 10th to 7th or higher and qualify for the consolation bracket. In our league the champ gets the 10th pick next year and the winner of the consolation bracket gets the 1st pick. Picks 2-9 are random draw.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

In past years we had a fun and competitive free redraft league set up with a high scoring format and a large roster to work with. Is there an interest in starting this league again? If there is, I would love to join. We would need a minimum of 10 teams, preferably twelve. So, are there another 9 to 11 of you who would be interested in a free redraft league?

• 3 months later...
  • adam unpinned this topic