Quenton Nelson

AZ54

This is easily the most entertaining OG highlight film I've ever watched. I know many here are fans of McGlinchey early in the 1st but I see slow feet so I'm less enthusiastic and I think his draft stock will drop as get further into the evaluation process. His neighbor Nelson on the other hand is the only OG I recall seeing slide across the face of the QB late to pick up a blitzing CB/S. He has plenty of power to pancake players as well, which he does over and over in this 2016 highlight film. He's talented enough to be scheme versatile. I'd like to find some 2017 highlights, and of course entire game film, but that will show up soon. My question is where do you value him in the draft?

I've seen some reports saying he's one of the top 5 players in the draft, but he's a guard so they don't go top 5. Yes, we need OT help but it's easy to see a scenario where we trade back to 15-20 and some other players we might like (Ridley) are gone. If he's there would you take Nelson? IMO he's got Pro Bowl potential very early in his career and Nelson, Whitehair, and Long would be the best interior blockers in the NFL in 2018. Trubisky will be able to step up in the pocket all day, and the running game with Howard and Cohen???

Josh Sitton has played well but cutting him saves $8mil next year.

Should we draft Nelson in the bottom half of Rd 1 if he's best available?

Or is it more ... don't care, rather draft best OT available than an OG?

Here's a good game to compare McGlinchey and Nelson

This is easily the most entertaining OG highlight film I've ever watched. I know many here are fans of McGlinchey early in the 1st but I see slow feet so I'm less enthusiastic and I think his draft stock will drop as get further into the evaluation process. His neighbor Nelson on the other hand is the only OG I recall seeing slide across the face of the QB late to pick up a blitzing CB/S. He has plenty of power to pancake players as well, which he does over and over in this 2016 highlight film. He's talented enough to be scheme versatile. I'd like to find some 2017 highlights, and of course entire game film, but that will show up soon. My question is where do you value him in the draft?

I've seen some reports saying he's one of the top 5 players in the draft, but he's a guard so they don't go top 5. Yes, we need OT help but it's easy to see a scenario where we trade back to 15-20 and some other players we might like (Ridley) are gone. If he's there would you take Nelson? IMO he's got Pro Bowl potential very early in his career and Nelson, Whitehair, and Long would be the best interior blockers in the NFL in 2018. Trubisky will be able to step up in the pocket all day, and the running game with Howard and Cohen???

Here's the thing, I don't looooove McGlinchy. I just think he's probably the best guy who might be there. I honestly don't love any of the top OTs that much, which furthers my desire to move back in the draft.

As for Nelson, the play where he dove across for the opposite side rush did look nice. And he's the consensus #1 OG in the draft, but I don't think that's a good move. And I'm the "draft OL all the time"-guy. I'm not a fan of creating a hole where there is no need, and then filling it back up, when the yard is already full of holes. Sitton's contract is manageable, and fair considering his talent. Aside from that, I'm slightly worried about Nelson really high. He seems a bit clumsy at times, and lets defenders get into his chest too quickly. In the pros against some of these animals, that could be a major problem.

Here's the thing, I don't looooove McGlinchy. I just think he's probably the best guy who might be there. I honestly don't love any of the top OTs that much, which furthers my desire to move back in the draft.

As for Nelson, the play where he dove across for the opposite side rush did look nice. And he's the consensus #1 OG in the draft, but I don't think that's a good move. And I'm the "draft OL all the time"-guy. I'm not a fan of creating a hole where there is no need, and then filling it back up, when the yard is already full of holes. Sitton's contract is manageable, and fair considering his talent. Aside from that, I'm slightly worried about Nelson really high. He seems a bit clumsy at times, and lets defenders get into his chest too quickly. In the pros against some of these animals, that could be a major problem.

With the bears oline injuries, I think Sitton comes back for one more year. Next year Morgan will be on the roster being groomed to take his place.

I like Connor Williams much more than MM. I think there are several good OTs but not necessarily great.

I think we will be winning a few more games which will limit our ability to be high enough to trade back.

So this is what I would do with a no first round trade draft. ( I think we get the chance to trade back in the second round and a third so this is based on that trade scenario.)

Round 1 Pick 8: Clelin Ferrell, DE, Clemson (B+)

Round 2 Pick 18 (K.C.): Martinas Rankin, OT, Mississippi State (A)

Round 3 Pick 18 (K.C.): Parris Campbell, WR, Ohio State (A)

Round 4 Pick 8: Brandon Facyson, CB, Virginia Tech (A)

Round 4 Pick 13: Tyquan Lewis, DE, Ohio State (A)

Round 4 Pick 18 (K.C.): Tyrell Crosby, OT, Oregon (B+)

Round 5 Pick 8: Auden Tate, WR, Florida State (B)

Round 6 Pick 8: Daniel Carlson, K, Auburn (A+)

Round 7 Pick 8: Cole Reyes, SS, North Dakota (B)

Considering sitton is still pretty good and we don't have salary cap problems I say no to a guard. I'd rather get someone else like 1 of the wideouts or tackles

With the bears oline injuries, I think Sitton comes back for one more year. Next year Morgan will be on the roster being groomed to take his place.

I like Connor Williams much more than MM. I think there are several good OTs but not necessarily great.

I think we will be winning a few more games which will limit our ability to be high enough to trade back.

So this is what I would do with a no first round trade draft. ( I think we get the chance to trade back in the second round and a third so this is based on that trade scenario.)

Round 1 Pick 8: Clelin Ferrell, DE, Clemson (B+)

Round 2 Pick 18 (K.C.): Martinas Rankin, OT, Mississippi State (A)

Round 3 Pick 18 (K.C.): Parris Campbell, WR, Ohio State (A)

Round 4 Pick 8: Brandon Facyson, CB, Virginia Tech (A)

Round 4 Pick 13: Tyquan Lewis, DE, Ohio State (A)

Round 4 Pick 18 (K.C.): Tyrell Crosby, OT, Oregon (B+)

Round 5 Pick 8: Auden Tate, WR, Florida State (B)

Round 6 Pick 8: Daniel Carlson, K, Auburn (A+)

Round 7 Pick 8: Cole Reyes, SS, North Dakota (B)

Looking at the prospects I view filling the RT spot as the more likely scenario in this draft. The only top prospect I've seen who is a likely LT is Williams. I'm good with someone like Rankin in the 2nd Rd.

I'm not very high on Ferrell, at least not that early. He doesn't move well enough and I think he benefits more from the talent across that Dline than they do from him. He can fill the McPhee role on the edge so there is a spot for him. I can't see Auden Tate lasting until the 5th Rd but getting him there would be a steal.

Considering sitton is still pretty good and we don't have salary cap problems I say no to a guard. I'd rather get someone else like 1 of the wideouts or tackles

Would you renegotiate Sitton's deal? If he stays I think that's what we should do. He's 31, I think we could add 2 years to his deal. Get his contract back down around $5 or 6mil/yr. Gives us a couple seasons to prepare Morgan to take over.

Would you renegotiate Sitton's deal? If he stays I think that's what we should do. He's 31, I think we could add 2 years to his deal. Get his contract back down around $5 or 6mil/yr. Gives us a couple seasons to prepare Morgan to take over.

Good question. Honestly I'm not opposed to that. Although I'd tie some of the money up in bonuses in the form of games started. As his health does seem to be the only thing holding him back from being pro bowl level production

Looking at the prospects I view filling the RT spot as the more likely scenario in this draft. The only top prospect I've seen who is a likely LT is Williams. I'm good with someone like Rankin in the 2nd Rd.

I'm not very high on Ferrell, at least not that early. He doesn't move well enough and I think he benefits more from the talent across that Dline than they do from him. He can fill the McPhee role on the edge so there is a spot for him. I can't see Auden Tate lasting until the 5th Rd but getting him there would be a steal.

One part of me wants OT, one part wants OLB, and the last part a WR. I don't see a WR worthy of a top 10 spot, so I hope to trade down if that is our target. My dream would be Buffalo trading there two firsts for our one and drafting McGlinchey OT and Ridley WR. Round 2 get the OLB and possibly draft another next round to increase the odds. Add a top tier WR free agent and I think this team could compete.

One part of me wants OT, one part wants OLB, and the last part a WR. I don't see a WR worthy of a top 10 spot, so I hope to trade down if that is our target. My dream would be Buffalo trading there two firsts for our one and drafting McGlinchey OT and Ridley WR. Round 2 get the OLB and possibly draft another next round to increase the odds. Add a top tier WR free agent and I think this team could compete.

I think we may win 2 more games which gets us out of the top 10. I think if we are picking 10 to 15, we may not be able to trade back for the QB log jam.

I think we may win 2 more games which gets us out of the top 10. I think if we are picking 10 to 15, we may not be able to trade back for the QB log jam.