footnotes and tidbits

Stinger226

I heard on the SCORE that what put in a waiver claim for Tim Wright /TE but TB was higher on the waiver list. We keep searching for TEs, I wonder if they think MB wont be at minicamp next week.

I think they want to cut his ungrateful ass. The guy did a contract, what, last year? Now he wants more? $6 million a year ain't enough, I guess. I'd let him hold out, fine him, pull back some of his signing bonus if possible and then dump him at the worst possible time for him to get a new deal elsewhere.

I'm sick of this shit from him.

Numerous outlets on Twitter are reporting that he was at Halas Hall today for physicals and will participate in mandatory minicamp starting tomorrow.

Yup. ESPN, Trib, and Sun Times all reporting it as well. As long as he's there for mandatory camp, I could care less that he wasnt at something that was voluntary.

Yup. ESPN, Trib, and Sun Times all reporting it as well. As long as he's there for mandatory camp, I could care less that he wasnt at something that was voluntary.

Today there is an article on Bleacher report on rating OLs and find it interesting we have the 13th best OLine.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2488589...ne-depth-charts

Under the circumstances, I care. And I think Fox and Pace care. If you're a member of this team you commit or you should be gone. Compare these NFL prima donnas to the guys we saw on the ice last night. If you're not here when your teammates are, you're a selfish prick.

Under the circumstances, I care. And I think Fox and Pace care. If you're a member of this team you commit or you should be gone. Compare these NFL prima donnas to the guys we saw on the ice last night. If you're not here when your teammates are, you're a selfish prick.

I second this! Pair that with he and Forte are in similar situations (although Fortes contract ends this year) and Forte is able to make it. Makes it that much more "prickish".

Bennets had what...one good year with the team AND fought with a teammate last year? What has Forte done for the team? Yeah, screw Martellus.

That's fine to think that. I don't. Drop the "Voluntary" tag from it and I'll care more. As long as he's on the field week one I won't hate.

I second this! Pair that with he and Forte are in similar situations (although Fortes contract ends this year) and Forte is able to make it. Makes it that much more "prickish".

Bennets had what...one good year with the team AND fought with a teammate last year? What has Forte done for the team? Yeah, screw Martellus.

I dont think he is being a prick, just think he's dumb.

Really hope he sticks. Whatever it takes to get Mills of the field.

we have brought in two players for try outs, Sherrod Martin/S and Daniel Thomas/RB---two former 2nd round picks.

I can see us looking at Ss but curious why were still looking at RBs?

Here is a article on our most under rated player on the Bears. After reading it, I tend to agree.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2498376...rated-playmaker

If not him then maybe Christian Jones. Or even Mundy. Neither started all 16 games but had a lot of contribution. And this was all during the Trestman/Tucker regime. Imagine what will happen with a legitimate coaching staff running the show.

If not him then maybe Christian Jones. Or even Mundy. Neither started all 16 games but had a lot of contribution. And this was all during the Trestman/Tucker regime. Imagine what will happen with a legitimate coaching staff running the show.

Why I like John Fox, he was asked what he told his players when they left.

“I’ve been saying for a long time and I said it again today: ‘I don’t want to read about you unless you win the lottery,’”

Royal appears to play and perform similarly as Wes Welker, at least in the description. Hopefully he can stay healthy. I like what I hear and see otherwise.

One person lost in the looming contract discussions is Jeffery. He's in the same boat as Forte (last year of contract) but even less a word than Forte. Fortunately not nearly as ass-ish as Martellus B.

• 2 weeks later...
Royal appears to play and perform similarly as Wes Welker, at least in the description. Hopefully he can stay healthy. I like what I hear and see otherwise.

One person lost in the looming contract discussions is Jeffery. He's in the same boat as Forte (last year of contract) but even less a word than Forte. Fortunately not nearly as ass-ish as Martellus B.

Matt Miller of Bleacher Report ranked 3-4 OLBs.

What I found interesting was Acho was ranked 25th and McPhee #2.

I expected McP to be high but not Acho.