Bears vs Browns

adam

I like Mitchell and Timu for showing up to play

This is the first game where I have really seen Gase's and Fangio's stamps on their respective sides of the ball. We have 5 sacks and 2 FFB midway thru the 3rd quarter.....Make that 6 sacks (and almost a safety).

Terry Williams has been borderline dominate at NT, I would be surprised if he doesn't make the roster.

I will be really pissed if Carey doesn't make the cut. He runs like a bat out of hell. I love it.

Also, hard to imagine Timu and Terry Williams not making this roster. Just made too many plays to leave off the roster. Jonathon Anderson might even make it.

Jon Bostic is about to get cut. What a waste of a 2nd round pick.

Man, these ILBs though. Maybe it's the beer but both Timu and Anderson look like they could be something. The way they've played I wouldnt be shocked if this time next year we have 2 UDFAs as our starting ILBs (Jones and one of those 2).

Swamp monster looked good too.

That's why I dont get all up in arms about the Bears trading a 6th for a UDFA. Some guys just slip through the cracks.

I'm gonna go ahead and admit I was wrong about Bostic. I've been a supporter of his for far too long. At this point I would be disappointed if he makes the team.

I will be really pissed if Carey doesn't make the cut. He runs like a bat out of hell. I love it.

Also, hard to imagine Timu and Terry Williams not making this roster. Just made too many plays to leave off the roster. Jonathon Anderson might even make it.

Jon Bostic is about to get cut. What a waste of a 2nd round pick.

I expect a lot of turnover on the roster and cutting players like Bostic will not surprise or disappoint me in the least.

Peace :bringit

I expect a lot of turnover on the roster and cutting players like Bostic will not surprise or disappoint me in the least.

Peace :bringit

Bostic just doesn't have a mind for football imho.

I really could only watch a little bit, but Langford continues to give me some hope he can be special when the Bears lose Forte after this year. Talent wise, Forte is my favorite Bear so that is saying a lot. It's hard to gauge, when he was running against a D that David Fales looked good against. He could maybe be our CJ Andersen, someone not "special" like Forte, but pretty darn good.

Did they play that new QB at all?

Weird seeing you guys mention a bunch of names I've hardly heard until tonight. Based on that alone it would sound like these were our starters. Haha....

Who played QB for Cle? McCown or Johnny Money?

Thad Lewis played QB. Johnny is hurt.

Timu has been doing work all preseason. Terry "Swamp Monster" Williams was once called the best NT in the draft by some site. Anderson is really the only guy who came outta no where for me.

Dysert played was 1 for 4.

Is it just me or do we seem stacked at LB across the board?

Certainly looks that way. Gonna be fun to see how Fangio plays with em.

Is it just me or do we seem stacked at LB across the board?

It was so weak last year that it's hard to be highly optimistic, but they switched to a 3-4. It cuts down the responsibility field of the players, and moved a lot of talent at DE to line backer. I think they are deep, but without a stand out star LB, but that is still an improvement over last year. I am interested to see how it plays out.

I can see Jones ending up as a Hillenmeyer type that is holds down his spot, not heralded, but would be missed when he is gone.

Man, these ILBs though. Maybe it's the beer but both Timu and Anderson look like they could be something. The way they've played I wouldnt be shocked if this time next year we have 2 UDFAs as our starting ILBs (Jones and one of those 2).

Swamp monster looked good too.

That's why I dont get all up in arms about the Bears trading a 6th for a UDFA. Some guys just slip through the cracks.

I'm gonna go ahead and admit I was wrong about Bostic. I've been a supporter of his for far too long. At this point I would be disappointed if he makes the team.

Anderson was the best player on the field yesterday, he was everywhere making plays. It would hard for me to see him not at least make the roster as a sub and as a Special Teamer. Same goes for Timu and Williams. If that is the case, Bostic will not be the only "regular" to get cut.

What is crazy is I fully expect us to be active in some 53-man cut acquisitions, which could see even more cuts come down.

Man, these ILBs though. Maybe it's the beer but both Timu and Anderson look like they could be something. The way they've played I wouldnt be shocked if this time next year we have 2 UDFAs as our starting ILBs (Jones and one of those 2). Swamp monster looked good too. That's why I dont get all up in arms about the Bears trading a 6th for a UDFA. Some guys just slip through the cracks. I'm gonna go ahead and admit I was wrong about Bostic. I've been a supporter of his for far too long. At this point I would be disappointed if he makes the team.

Fangio's expertise is LBers. NFL Network name the old Saints LB corp the "Dome Patrol" the greatest corp of all time and Fangio was the LB coach. Everywhere he has coached has churned out LB's. Hopefully he can stay in Chicago for a while and bring us another chapter in our LB history.

What is crazy is I fully expect us to be active in some 53-man cut acquisitions, which could see even more cuts come down.

Given that some of our guys are better fits for other systems and other's cuts better for ours, this is a strong possibility. I saw that Jennings signed with Tampa, for example. And teams will cut some good players to gain cap space, I believe. It'll take a few weeks to bring any new acquisitions into the fold but ultimately they'll be productive. I hope.