2017 Opponents

adam

With the standings complete, we now know who we will play next season. For full divisions, we play the NFC South and AFC North, and then the 2 other last place NFC teams, SF and PHI.

Home opponents: Detroit Lions, Minnesota Vikings, Green Bay Packers, Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers, San Francisco 49ers, Cleveland Browns and Pittsburgh Steelers.

Away opponents: Detroit Lions, Minnesota Vikings, Green Bay Packers, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Philadelphia Eagles, New Orleans Saints, Cincinnati Bengals and Baltimore Ravens.

There is almost no point to go into projections, but at least we miss some really tough teams like NE, KC, SEA, and DAL next year. The only opponents with winning records outside our division are PIT, ATL, and TB. Luckily, we get PIT and ATL at home. So the only teams we play on the road with winning records would be GB, DET, and TB.

Yeah, it's almost pointless to get into projections. Teams change so drastically from season to season.

Off-hand, however, getting the Niners and Browns is a good thing.

The only game that looks like a guaranteed loss is the Saints. The defense would have to improve considerably to stop Brees from gutting the secondary for a ton of yards and points.

Jeffery set a lofty goal for the Bears in 2017

"I guarantee you we'll win the Super Bowl next year," he said, per ESPN.com's Jeff Dickerson. "We had a lot of injuries. I don't think a team in the league had as much injuries as us."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2684822...ears-wrs-future

Well he does make a valid point regarding all the injuries. But seriously if a player doesn't have this goal then I don't want them on the team. I would prefer if they didn't go and talk to the media regarding it but I got no problems with it.

Jeffery set a lofty goal for the Bears in 2017

"I guarantee you we'll win the Super Bowl next year," he said, per ESPN.com's Jeff Dickerson. "We had a lot of injuries. I don't think a team in the league had as much injuries as us."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2684822...ears-wrs-future

I like the enthusiasm, and he has a valid point with the injuries and we were a far more competitive team than our record indicates. Superbowl though is awful lofty. What I find interesting to me is that Jeffery having finished the season as a tagged player. Talking about next year. Now I've been pretty busy and haven't kept up with all the latest news on his contract situation or new contract talks. It at least indicates he wants to be here next year or assumes he will be. Whether that's under the tag again or a new contract. I would be interested in having him back under a new contract but don't want to see us pay him a crazy contract. His health has been a question mark the last few years. Hate to invest a lot of cap space on a player you can't always count on to be on the field.