Free Agency information

Stinger226

Here is a name I have seen mentioned in connection with the Bears.

Career Stats

SEASON TEAM GAMES TACKLES INTERCEPTIONS FUMBLES

G GS TOTAL SOLO AST SCK SFTY PDEF INT YDS AVG LNG TDS FF FR

TOTAL 93 81 12 2.0 0 8 3 48 -- 48 1 2 3

2016 KC 16 1 63 55 8 1.0 0 6 3 48 16 48 1 2 3

2015 KC 16 0 23 20 3 1.0 -- 2 -- -- -- -- -- 0 --

2014 KC 9 0 7 6 1 0.0 -- 0 -- -- -- -- -- 0 --

This is Daniel Sorenson/SS from KC.

I see us going after Berry but do you see KC letting the heart and soul of there defense leaving? I think they will be doing everything to keep them.

So here is a name that fits Paces MO. A player on the rise can be gotten reasonable. He only started one game for them last year but had 63 Ts, 3 INTs, 6 PDs. and 2 FFs. He is 26.

I can see us going after a top CB one of bouye, Johnson, and Gilmore, and then grabbing Sorerson on the backside to improve our DBackfield.

Then I see us drafting a FS and another CB high to get us to a complete rebuild to the back of the defense.

Here is a name I have seen mentioned in connection with the Bears.

Career Stats

SEASON TEAM GAMES TACKLES INTERCEPTIONS FUMBLES

G GS TOTAL SOLO AST SCK SFTY PDEF INT YDS AVG LNG TDS FF FR

TOTAL 93 81 12 2.0 0 8 3 48 -- 48 1 2 3

2016 KC 16 1 63 55 8 1.0 0 6 3 48 16 48 1 2 3

2015 KC 16 0 23 20 3 1.0 -- 2 -- -- -- -- -- 0 --

2014 KC 9 0 7 6 1 0.0 -- 0 -- -- -- -- -- 0 --

This is Daniel Sorenson/SS from KC.

I see us going after Berry but do you see KC letting the heart and soul of there defense leaving? I think they will be doing everything to keep them.

So here is a name that fits Paces MO. A player on the rise can be gotten reasonable. He only started one game for them last year but had 63 Ts, 3 INTs, 6 PDs. and 2 FFs. He is 26.

I can see us going after a top CB one of bouye, Johnson, and Gilmore, and then grabbing Sorerson on the backside to improve our DBackfield.

Then I see us drafting a FS and another CB high to get us to a complete rebuild to the back of the defense.

Type of player who fits what Pace wants to a T.

Type of player who fits what Pace wants to a T.

I think Floyd has great upside but if we're going to spend big money, do you think we would go after a Edge Rusher?

We have McPhee, who when healthy fits that need, but can we even count on him for a full season.

We have Willie Young but he is not a blue chip ER and is 31.

So do we go after another Edge Rusher in FAency?

Melvin Ingram

Chandler Jones

If we spend our money this way, what do you think?

Chandler Jones/Edge------premium signing

A J bouye/CB...............premiun signing

Daniel Sorenson/SS...... descent contract

Arby Jones/DT.............. low end deal a DL from Jack...6-4 318 25 years old depth on DL

Terrel Pryor/WR............. I dont think we resign Jeffery someone offers him 14 mil a year and we dont match based on his production for last two years.

In the draft

trade our first round pick to Cleve (we get #12 --2nd rouind and 3rd round) why would Cleveland do this? they get Garrett but feel the need to draft a QB high so pull the deal.

#12 O J Howard/TE potential all pro TE/ takes up the slack of losing Jeffery

2-1 trade to NE for Jimmy G also includes a future conditional 2nd round pick in next years draft. ( takes care of our QB for the future)

2-2 Ryan Ramczyk/LT drops to the second round because of shoulder surgery in senior season.

3-1 Obi Melifonwu /FS our FS of the future

3-2 Rashad Douglas/CB a future starting CB 8 ints in 2016

4-1 Taylor Morton/RT our future RT

4-2 Actavis Scott/WR a slot WR

5-1 TJ Logan/RB/NC a speed 3rd down back that had 52 receptions as a senior.

7-1 Antonio Pipkin/QB a senior bowl participate that we have given some attention to.

Conclusion:

QB Jimmy G and still draft a prospect in Pipkin/ Barkley....going with Galofilo we dont resign Hoyer

RB Howard-Langford-Logan

WR White-Meredith-Pryor-Scott-Braverman I think if White stays healthy we have a good group

TE Howard-Brown-Braunecker With Millers injury history we say goodbye. lose 500,000 but gain back 2.5 mil in cap savings

OL Ramczyk/Sitton/Whitehair/Long/Massie/Kush/Morton/Grassu potenial top 10 OL

DL Bulliard/Hicks/Goldman/Unrien/Washington/Jones Bulliard takes a step forward

ILB Freeman/Trevathan/Kiwaitoski/ Timu one of the strengths of the team

OLB Floyd/Young/Jones/McPhee/ Houston is gone...with Floyd,Jones and McPhee we make the top5 in sacks this year.

CB Bouye/Porter/Calahan/Hall/Douglas/Fuller Fuller gets one last chance

S Melifonwu/Sorenson/Bush/Amos/Houston-Carson two new starters

Make the playoffs with this roster

We would lose in the Cleveland trade. Cleveland 1200+ 580+265=2045, Chicago 2200, that is a 4th and 5th rounder difference we should receive. If we are trading down I would prefer to gain a future 1st and a 3rd this year. Other than that, it would be a good direction.

I think Floyd has great upside but if we're going to spend big money, do you think we would go after a Edge Rusher?

We have McPhee, who when healthy fits that need, but can we even count on him for a full season.

We have Willie Young but he is not a blue chip ER and is 31.

So do we go after another Edge Rusher in FAency?

Melvin Ingram

Chandler Jones

If we spend our money this way, what do you think?

Chandler Jones/Edge------premium signing

A J bouye/CB...............premiun signing

Daniel Sorenson/SS...... descent contract

Arby Jones/DT.............. low end deal a DL from Jack...6-4 318 25 years old depth on DL

Terrel Pryor/WR............. I dont think we resign Jeffery someone offers him 14 mil a year and we dont match based on his production for last two years.

In the draft

trade our first round pick to Cleve (we get #12 --2nd rouind and 3rd round) why would Cleveland do this? they get Garrett but feel the need to draft a QB high so pull the deal.

#12 O J Howard/TE potential all pro TE/ takes up the slack of losing Jeffery

2-1 trade to NE for Jimmy G also includes a future conditional 2nd round pick in next years draft. ( takes care of our QB for the future)

2-2 Ryan Ramczyk/LT drops to the second round because of shoulder surgery in senior season.

3-1 Obi Melifonwu /FS our FS of the future

3-2 Rashad Douglas/CB a future starting CB 8 ints in 2016

4-1 Taylor Morton/RT our future RT

4-2 Actavis Scott/WR a slot WR

5-1 TJ Logan/RB/NC a speed 3rd down back that had 52 receptions as a senior.

7-1 Antonio Pipkin/QB a senior bowl participate that we have given some attention to.

Conclusion:

QB Jimmy G and still draft a prospect in Pipkin/ Barkley....going with Galofilo we dont resign Hoyer

RB Howard-Langford-Logan

WR White-Meredith-Pryor-Scott-Braverman I think if White stays healthy we have a good group

TE Howard-Brown-Braunecker With Millers injury history we say goodbye. lose 500,000 but gain back 2.5 mil in cap savings

OL Ramczyk/Sitton/Whitehair/Long/Massie/Kush/Morton/Grassu potenial top 10 OL

DL Bulliard/Hicks/Goldman/Unrien/Washington/Jones Bulliard takes a step forward

ILB Freeman/Trevathan/Kiwaitoski/ Timu one of the strengths of the team

OLB Floyd/Young/Jones/McPhee/ Houston is gone...with Floyd,Jones and McPhee we make the top5 in sacks this year.

CB Bouye/Porter/Calahan/Hall/Douglas/Fuller Fuller gets one last chance

S Melifonwu/Sorenson/Bush/Amos/Houston-Carson two new starters

Make the playoffs with this roster

I hate any offseason plan that involves Jimmy Garappalo.

If it is a 2nd RD pick, it is less burdening. I would rather draft a kid and get 4-5 years in a rookie deal where as Garappalo will possible want Cutler money soon. If the Bears see something in Mahomes and can take him RD2, they should consider moving up to the bottom of the first to give them an extra year.

If it is a 2nd RD pick, it is less burdening. I would rather draft a kid and get 4-5 years in a rookie deal where as Garappalo will possible want Cutler money soon. If the Bears see something in Mahomes and can take him RD2, they should consider moving up to the bottom of the first to give them an extra year.

I like the concept and I was just going to post that we should draft Mahomes instead of the trade for JimmyG. I see far more upside in Mahomes and I'd be willing to take that risk knowing it will take him two years to be ready to show it. Whereas JimmyG fits more the mold of Hoyer/Barkley a guy who can keep the sticks moving at times but can't produce the big plays that are needed in the playoffs.

I hate any offseason plan that involves Jimmy Garappalo.

I think he ends up being a better qb than any in this draft. I would like to get a prospect in later rounds that turn out to be a starter but odds are slim at that.. He will be paid more than a drafted qb, but we have the money and are ready to start contending next year not 3 years from now.

Tell me what you dont like about him?

I think he ends up being a better qb than any in this draft. I would like to get a prospect in later rounds that turn out to be a starter but odds are slim at that.. He will be paid more than a drafted qb, but we have the money and are ready to start contending next year not 3 years from now.

Tell me what you dont like about him?

1) Average arm strength. He's an accurate touch passer but he's not going to drive the ball 15-20 yards downfield into a small window. Nor is he going to consistently be able to throw 10 yard out routes. There are plenty of throws he can make and does very well with.

2) He's played 1 game in the NFL, and it was week 1 where he and the best HC in the NFL had all offseason to prepare for it. He's an unknown commodity regarding how he'll perform once defense's know his tendencies.

3) Patriots have tons of cap space and seriously old QB. If they are willing to let JimmyG leave it means he's not a starter in their eyes, or at a minimum he's not better than what they can draft with the pick we give them. Nobody in the NFL let's the next franchise QB leave.

4) While there is potential for him to become a decent starter in the right system, he will be very expensive because you not only have to give up that 2nd Rd pick (or more) you also have to pay him a big contract. Nobody in their right mind would trade a high pick for him and then not sign him to a long term deal. When you look at the balance sheet the cost to bring him in removes at least 1 high draftee (on balance that's a wash) and one high priced FA (essentially a CB at $10mil/yr) to help the defense.

5) In terms of talent Trubisky, Kizer, and Mahomes have more physical talent. Watson clearly has the edge in terms of leadership on the field and has played very well on CFB's biggest stage twice, and done it against a team in Alabama that had a lot of NFL talent on their defense.

It's not that Garopollo isn't a good option but it's the balance of the trade I dislike. Assuming the deal can get done with just our 2nd Rd pick, and the new contract will have to be at least $10mil/yr with $25-30mil guaranteed. I prefer any of these combinations of players below over that:

FA) Bouye/Robinson. $12mil/yr

Rd 1) Trubisky, Kizer, if not QB Allen, Thomas, Adams, or Hooker (we'd also have one of these players with JG)

Rd 2) Mahomes, or with Rd 1 QB White CB, Sydney Jones CB, Bolles OT, Antonio Garcia OT, Njoku TE

Hell, Davis Webb from Cal impressed me today. I'd like him in the 4th if not he 3rd. I'd like that waaaaay more than Garappolo.

1) Average arm strength. He's an accurate touch passer but he's not going to drive the ball 15-20 yards downfield into a small window. Nor is he going to consistently be able to throw 10 yard out routes. There are plenty of throws he can make and does very well with.

2) He's played 1 game in the NFL, and it was week 1 where he and the best HC in the NFL had all offseason to prepare for it. He's an unknown commodity regarding how he'll perform once defense's know his tendencies.

3) Patriots have tons of cap space and seriously old QB. If they are willing to let JimmyG leave it means he's not a starter in their eyes, or at a minimum he's not better than what they can draft with the pick we give them. Nobody in the NFL let's the next franchise QB leave.

4) While there is potential for him to become a decent starter in the right system, he will be very expensive because you not only have to give up that 2nd Rd pick (or more) you also have to pay him a big contract. Nobody in their right mind would trade a high pick for him and then not sign him to a long term deal. When you look at the balance sheet the cost to bring him in removes at least 1 high draftee (on balance that's a wash) and one high priced FA (essentially a CB at $10mil/yr) to help the defense.

5) In terms of talent Trubisky, Kizer, and Mahomes have more physical talent. Watson clearly has the edge in terms of leadership on the field and has played very well on CFB's biggest stage twice, and done it against a team in Alabama that had a lot of NFL talent on their defense.

It's not that Garopollo isn't a good option but it's the balance of the trade I dislike. Assuming the deal can get done with just our 2nd Rd pick, and the new contract will have to be at least $10mil/yr with $25-30mil guaranteed. I prefer any of these combinations of players below over that:

FA) Bouye/Robinson. $12mil/yr

Rd 1) Trubisky, Kizer, if not QB Allen, Thomas, Adams, or Hooker (we'd also have one of these players with JG)

Rd 2) Mahomes, or with Rd 1 QB White CB, Sydney Jones CB, Bolles OT, Antonio Garcia OT, Njoku TE

You make some valid points, but there is all kinds of QBs drafted in the first round that ended up crap. None this year are cant misses, so I think Jimmy is not a elite QB but if he turns into someone of the status of Tony Romo, Im good with that.

STRENGTHS: Good, not great, height, body type and hand size. Better than adequate arm strength with a snap release that produces some juice. Live arm with his experience coming from a pass-happy offense.

Excellent passing vision with quick eyes to scan and a quick, natural delivery. Smart and executes the offense well. Quick intellectual process on the football field. Above average timing with little unnecessary movements and very good pace in his set-up.

Quick feet to evade pressure with the pocket mobility to move his lower body with his eyes focused downfield. Gets "happy feet" at times, but shows the ability to reset. Very good touch and overall placement with improved accuracy to all levels of the field throughout his career.

Level-headed and always under control with a strong leadership presence. Confident thrower and short memory. Elite career production as a four-year starter at the FCS level.

WEAKNESSES: Lack of elite velocity will show on some NFL throws. Needs to continue to improve his decision-making and not allow pressure to severely alter his process. Bad habit of forcing throws in small windows. Lower-than-ideal release point with an almost side-arm motion.

Needs to get his feet under control on a consistent basis and regularly step into his throws. Must continue and develop his pocket awareness and internal clock to feel pressure. Holds the ball too long at times and will take unnecessary hits.

Experience is in a FCS spread, shotgun attack; needs to become more acclimated with under-center snaps.

COMPARES TO: Tony Romo, Dallas Cowboys - The comparison goes beyond coming from the same college program. Both lack elite physical skills, but are productive due to their timing, smarts and quick release to get the ball out.

--Dane Brugler

Pats let Chandler Jones get away and he is a prime time player, so I do not think they all of there decisions has to do with talent.

If Belichick thinks Brady is playing 3 more years then he may find more value in a high pick than paying a backup QB 10 mil a year to sit on the bench.

Belichick has a ego.

If we get Bouye and pay Garopollo, we still have plenty of money to spend on FAgents.

We get a plum at pick 3, Allen, Adams or Hooker.

Or draft a QB in the second which turns into Matt Barkley and end up impeding our future for at least a few more years.

I wouldnt have a problem with drafting a QB, but I believe next year is the time we start to challenge for a playoff spot, a Tony Romo valued QB can take us there, a rookie will more than likely not.